Probably the worst place to find a serious business partner. I got a pretty sick idea and im currently building a team...

Probably the worst place to find a serious business partner. I got a pretty sick idea and im currently building a team. I pretty much got everything except a programmer.

I need someone who can code website, database and most preferably also knows how to build an app for ios/andrioid.

As many startups i dont really have the money to pay for coder, so i would like someone that believe in my vision and want to do the work for a % of the company/future profit.

Attached: a3a84a72fc4cc56111c5c6adb8157981.jpg (497x658, 52K)

What's the percentage your giving?

>Hm,,,,he was behind??

Attached: 6fan54bx2x8d2543245000000.jpg (820x435, 38K)

>I basically have everything except the most important guy for the team that will do all the work for us.

Fuck off you fucking faggot, there is thousands like you and you don't deserve a career.

t. Coder

I dont really know tbh, its something that we would have to discuss.

I also need to give a % for investors because i need money for marketing. But im thinking like 10-15% for the programmer.

ITT: OP has some spinoff idea of a currently successful business model and thinks they can hire a single "programmer" (doesn't even specify the skillset he needs because he's trying to become the founder of a tech company without any tech knowledge) and says he has "everything he needs" except for literally the entire product creation team.

BUT HEY AT LEAST HE'LL GIVE %

Attached: 1416672959702.jpg (605x605, 53K)

>do 90% of the work
>you will get a generous 10%

you are the definition of nigger.

LOL, 15%? To get anyone reasonable, be prepared to give like 50%.

this

I get where your coming from, but its a multi-million dollar idea so i think 15% of that is pretty good.

what do you put in that makes you worth 90% when you ask one single person to create 100% of your product...

If you consider the biggest part of to succeeding here is the research and planning and marketing strategy i think 15 is reasonable. I will probably have to give about 50% to investors for marketing funds.

And then its 50% left to the rest of the team; me, designer, research analyst etc

Dude, literally every third person has multi-million dollar ideas.
I have a fucking desk full of cool ideas that could be something.

The difference between success and being a loser with lots of worthless ideas is being able to produce a product.
A product that works, is easy to use and understand, and is scalable.

In other words: Coders don't need your idea. They have tons of awesome ideas themselves. They mostly lack money and or time to really put them into reality.

Skillset. Get some. Read some books. Learn to do it yourself. Than, someday, you might be someone.

Attached: 1448080539126.gif (300x186, 446K)

(or try to be able to invest the amount of money a really good coder that does frontend, backend, database and UX costs. Which would be at least $4000 a month.)

It's a zero dollar idea without code. I reiterate - you will need to give half the company if you're paying zero dollars to your lead dev.

yeah i get you, but this isnt any complicated on the programming end, its really simple stuff and the whole platform is very simple. Its just the rest of the stuff that takes a lot of thinking to make it perfect. But on the programming end it mostly to build a nice search engine with lots of filters and also a nice database system.

>all I need is someone to do literally all the work for 15% LOL

>not complicated
>easy to use, reliable search engine
choose one

Hint: ideas are worth nothing. The idea guy gets nothing and deserves nothing. If YOU want a percentage, you either need to have cash or relevant skills.

If you are really convinced your idea is good do a pitch for a company that actually has a team of skilled developers that get regular pay and try to get a 15% cut four yourself.

That is how it works in reality.

Be prepared to be in a room full of people with awesome ideas and awesome presentations, be better and you might have somewhere to start.

>posts giant ass cosplayer
>has "great" idea
>no money

idk if youre in america or not but seriously Im so sick of this hand out crowd funding bullshit. You have such a great idea then go get a fucking job and grind that shit out and save the funds you need to do it. If its so great. What I read was

>Oh hey guis im like totally trying to do something great for the world and i want to find some desperate no body with skills im too lazy to pocess and basically trick them into coding a bunchof shit for the shiney future shekels that will surely come our way

like you wont get stomped out by an already rich person, are you serious?

How is this crowdfunding in any way?

I am simply looking for an ambitious programmer.

OP is obviously a troll, unless they're actually just that dumb.

Creating a decent web app is time consuming. You're asking a single person to literally do everything and you only want give 15% profit. I don't care what your idea is, I wouldn't accept this offer unless I was getting at least 75% of the profit.

You don't realize that every single serious programmer to ever exist has probably thought of more viable and profitable ideas than you. This is just a given. There are profitable programming ideas they've had that you don't even know exist because you don't know shit about programming.

Go back to weenie hut jr

Why would i give away 85% when i only need a programmer to do it myself?

BECAUWE THAT FUCKING CODER WILL DO ALL THE HARD WORK FOR YOU WHILE YOU SIT THERE MAKING PHONE CALLS.

and btw, the coder needs at least $4k a month and the marketing budget should be ten times as high as what you pay your whole team.

welcome to reality.

Yep. OP you gotta realize that programmers can make way more money than you're offering by doing way less work. No one is gonna waste their time helping you out if you're not also gonna help them out by actually giving them reasonable pay.

... and to convince you I am not just talking out of my ass: I have worked in the industry for 18years, switching between web, app and game development.

if it isn't complicated get the skillset needed over the next year and do it yourself. when you are crawling on the floor realizing how hard coding 'simple stuff' actually is you might be ready to make realistic offers.

Yes, this is obviously a troll. Still it's entertaining.

Here's a proposal: I need a lot of housework done. I'll trade you labor for labor. I'll work on your app for an hour and I'll expect 3-4 hours of physical work from you. Tree trimming, lawn mowing, laundry, cooking, washing cars etc.

If the app takes long enough, maybe I'll have you start on digging a swimming pool for me, lol.

So 15% of a company thats valued at $100 000 000 isnt reasonable for a coder?

your company is worth nothing without that coder. it doesn't even exist without him. so, no.

It's reasonable, but your company isn't worth that much. If it was anywhere near that figure, you wouldn't be here.

You don't understand just HOW MANY tech startups there are

>I have a fucking desk full of cool ideas that could be something.

Really?

Left brainers are notoriously sucky innovators and out of the box thinkers. I mean... maybe you do, but prolly you don't.

In reality you probably need to be sucking OP's creative dick but are too proud to do it.

But yeah, maybe you and every other coder have multi-million dollar ideas as you said.
(◔_◔)

>Left brainers are notoriously sucky innovators and out of the box thinkers.

This is a myth.

innovation happens rarely. usually a product which has a proof of concept becomes something big after someone with skill copies and improves it. examples: myspace > facebook. yahoo > google.

Fuck Innovation. Iteration is where da money at.

You're right, this is a shit place to find a business partner.

Say if I was interested, where do we go from here? I'm sure as shit not going to provide any email I care about or usernames associated with me here...

Yeah umm i was thinking about the same, probably just make a throwaway skype account or something like that

Actually that's a pretty fair trade.

I think you have a start up idea on your hands, lol. tech4mech.com ;)

You can hit me up on [email protected]

>mfw OP is samefagging, trying to keep some dignity

Attached: 1516116691627.gif (200x200, 2M)

Ssr .NET full stack developer here. Your proposal is bullshit and you should feel bad. Offer a number you are willing to pay since you don't even know if you'll end up taking this somewhere. Expecting work in exchange for a percentage of something which might never be put to generate money is a scam.

>Full Stack
OP, this would be the guy you need.
Just curiosity: How much would you take for a full-time job?

How can it be a scam if im not profitting from it either? Im simply looking for someone with ambition and thats willing to hear me out, see if he believes in my idea and are willing to go with me.

As i stated earlier i simply dont have the money to pay for a coder, no reason to be so hostile i am just checking my options

It's 2018, if you aren't full stack, you aren't getting paid. My title is Senior Software Developer and Engineer... yet I still have to do devops. It's just how it is these days. Companies want a small team of guys who do literally everything.

I'd be willing to listen to the idea, and give you a reasonable guesstimate as to how long and what would be involved. I do this kind of thing all of the time, and 95% of the time the work I do goes nowhere because the Idea Man isn't really up to the task.

If you're really interested, give me a broad outline of what you're talking about. What industry are you targeting with this idea?

>multi-million dollar idea
If you can't raise the money to hire a coder, either you or your idea are shit. Most likely both.

My experience, too. I'm just a shitty frontend guy if you'd ask me, and I'm doing literally everything "web" in my company. Backend, Devops... AND I havenno fucking clue. Just making happy guesses that most of the time seem to work. Somehow. I tell them over and over again that this is no viable solution to their problems, but they don't care because I'm the "programmer". lel

Still, how much would you take?

Whats this you say? Another app that will definitely change the way we live and will be immensely successful. Well hogdiggity do tell me more mister

Proof?
You're throwing big numbers but provide shit when it comes to proof

The marketing/advertising industry which is a multi billion dollar industry.

~85k salaried
+~15k bonus at the end of the year

btw, if it's an app be ready to be assfisted by the app store
it's literally hell

a resonable voice in the dark
thank you

Describe your working day vs the programmers. Then tell us how much you're paying yourself and how much your paying vhim. Then reevaluate if this fair.

Also, before you start coding, you need a business plan. an actual printed document with research, analysis and predictions. Do you have that?

The app is going to be free, am i still gonna get my ass fisted?

I'm Marketing/advertising industry is built ENTIRELY on networks and contacts. Your brilliant idea will not crack into that field unless you have a massive--and I mean massive--rolodex of real contacts.

If your idea is good enough, you are still looking at 3-5 years of a hard slog. Advertising is a nasty, cutthroat business. If your idea is as good as you say, somebody will steal the idea and cut you completely out.

Not saying you're screwed, but I don't have any reason to think you're well placed enough to pull it off.

15k bonus. Good one.

Yeah i know i need a business plan, i am working on it and sorting out details, i know the coding cant start yet but i want to check my options and how easy it is to get a coder with giving away % of the business.

You've got no fucking clue what adtech is, do you?

I know man, its ambitious but i know the potentional is massive so im going to try :)

That's the wrong approach, your going at this from the opposite end. You need to factor in to your business plan a sensible programming cost, like the circa 100k/year that the other guy mentioned. Then figure out if you can generate that amount quick enough to not go under.

The largest industry in the world is food production, but not all farmers are swinging in cash now are they?

what horseshit
all of this
fuck off and die - ideas are horseshit. Execution is everything
if you're spending 50% on marketing you're already fuggered dipshit
You clearly don't know what in the actual fuck you're talking about lmaooo ...like mosto of the other "hey look at my online MBA!" cumguzzlers that think "Everyone Else" aren't as vital to the planet as they are.
also: all of of this

>sage in all fields kidlets

15% of fuck all is fuck all

Well, good luck to you user.

Ok I embellished slightly, normally 10k, but I fuckin kicked ass in 2017 so they gave me 15k and about 40k more in stocks that vest in 4 years.

So, you're right. It's not my normal bonus

What app are you trying to make? I am a software engineer and could maybe help, but I need to know if the idea is worth investing in.

Danefag?

Hey i dont really want to give my idea out here, but its a platform for marketing and advertising. Massive potentional. I dont really know what more i can say here

yes. even more. people aren't willing to pay for apps anymore unless you fucking need them. and the app store is cluttered as hell.

Is it a product to be used by marketing/advertising agencies? Or is it a product for marketing/advertising for companies that would circumvent advertising agencies?

Who is the cosplayer with the giant ass?

The latter

Is it an advertising platform? It is, isn't it.

probably not in the way you are imagining it

Kathy Ferreiro

Attached: kathy.jpg (415x495, 37K)

as a coder who primary works for startups, the general rule is if you can't find a couple million dollars in venture capital funds, your idea is shit and no one will work for you anyway.

1. get rights / legally register your idea, found company.
2. pitch your idea to people who will front you 500k - 5 million
3. build you idea over the next 6-18 months
4. launch
5. if well received you become profitable, if you not well meh everyone still got paid and you run out of funding
6. if you're not making enough to cover expenses but growing, get more funding.

I've been through this a half dozen times now, one offered no stock options, the other 4 had some incentive / cash mix. The issue with pure ownership is its really hard to know what the value will be.

I'm just drinking this afternoon, AMA about it if you're curious

two zero two four five six one one one one
call me. i'm running a small buisness and i'm interested to hear more.

Have you re-invented DoubleClick?

Is it enough to register my idea in my homecountry, even tho the market will be worldwide and probably mostly in the US?

uh, do you have battletoads?

Youre all fucking idiots, theres only one way to develop anything without money. which work for enough clients to gather some dough and connections. get rights n patents. then fuck your way up the corporate ladder. also be young/ if youre under 30 fine if not youre fuckde

i feel like i know your exact idea, kek. i too am working on something similar, except i know how to code ;)

depends what it is, if its an actual object to produce you probably need a patent. If its just an app / idea you're probably good with just trademark, all rights reserved and copy write.

I don't really know how the international laws work, I've only worked in the US.

Well we could be a good team if my idea, or my version of the idea is better than yours :)

.NET? You chose poorly.