/csg/ - Christian General: Revival Edition

For all things Christian
Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants alike are welcome to discuss theology. Try to be polite.

Atheists also welcome, but try to be constructive.

Pastebin for believers and curious folk.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
Pastebin for Orthodox
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Sunday, June 7, 2016

Good Scenes to watch

>Jesus Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=8d-uB0vaoQo
>Jesus of Nazareth Sermon on the Mount:
youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg
>Jesus chases Jews out of the Temple
youtube.com/watch?v=kEtBs6j7QgU
>Jesus gives sight to the Blind....and takes sight from those who can see
youtube.com/watch?v=pY7vamVg99E
>Roman Centurion has more faith than anyone in Israel
youtube.com/watch?v=SNLSBjYDPko

>Ben Hur scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Fbt2UUthWg0

>Why Atheists shouldn't discourage Christianity even if they don't believe in it
youtube.com/watch?v=vqQdc0mX1_c

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=h5YEKO04RDI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14HbU8-PcGg
youtube.com/watch?v=vbLD38QbgYA
youtube.com/watch?v=R0nMg1mEfYc
youtube.com/watch?v=lr6xcdzRrOc
youtube.com/watch?v=7YydUPrqQ-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These are usually more successful at night. Yesterday we went through 3 of these in like 4 hours.

Anyways, what denominations do we have here?

Catholic reporting in. :)

Catholicism breeds single mothers. Unfortunately I think that being told what to do by men has replaced obedience to God. Especially where people are only cultural Christians, i.e. in name only.

I'm catholic ~has its basic things for this, protestant ~because of being of the darbists, and pentecostal or evangelical ~ er ...

Paedophilia was probably adopted from those homo Greeks several hundred years after Christ.

I suppose your adherents will defend unsound doctrine, when they simply add another doctrine which states that it's literally impossible to err in anything.

> hates Jews.

> cites Old Testament without even consulting the New

Why not check out Galatians 3:28?

I don't hate Jews. I'm a little confused how you would reach this conclusion, friend.

I'm also an atheist for not accepting anything that is irreal. I'm never unfriendly basically. By nature. But this forces me sometimes to send atheist to hell immediately if they are irreal.

Exodus 20:2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

youtube.com/watch?v=14HbU8-PcGg

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

This only means that anyone who is in Jesus Christ is of one spirit, in the church of God.

This doesn't mean that literally everyone on the earth is identical or of one body.

If it did, then there'd be no Canaanites or any of the other cursed pagans who were a thorn in the side of God's people throughout history.

There are no more people who are a thorn in God's side. Jesus himself said that there was more faith in a ROMAN centurion (an occupying force) than in all of Israel. He preached to Samaritan woman at the well. One of the first gentile converts was an Ethiopian eunuch (considered very unclean by the Jewish religion - and by the protestantism of most Sup Forums shysters these days.)

The Catholic Church is the Church that blossomed from the blood and water that flowed from Christ. She is His spouse.

Race-baiting folks on Sup Forums have sought fit to turn away from her, valuing their own blood more than the blood of Christ. Sad.

> pope is the anti Christ
> world hasn't ended yet
What

Christian reporting in. Anyone feeling like the end times are coming really soon?

The Catholic church obviously isn't.

From what I can tell, Protestants have it right in that they follow the Word of God above the Word of men. But the Catholic church has many nice pieces of art in their churches. If we could combine these things it would be awesome. And I really like the Orthodox church services and their traditions of family.

As a 'protestant', I get accused of wanting to destroy God's church, but it's not true. Simply because no one is able to do that. I just see more spiritual fruit in born again Christians who are outside of the Catholic church, than of all the single mothers and idol worshipers IN the church.

Either Luther meant the literal person of his day, or the actual position that popes hold, since they have added doctrine contrary to God's Word, and are in a position of exaltation as God's representative on earth.

I can understand this reasoning, since the anti-Christ's number is 666, which is the same amount of gold talents that Solomon was given, and Solomon was sitting on God's throne over Israel. I believe that this basically means that the anti-Christ will be worshiped on the earth, as representing sitting on God's throne.

The abomination of desolation, I believe will be an idol that will be worshiped, given the ability to speak, which will sit in the temple. People will assume it's God, when it's not. This may or may not be true, so don't take it as a prophecy, I'm just sharing with you a revelation about the number 666.

>Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

So how about this: idolatry is basically NOT a sin.

>1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Looking a verse further 1 Corinthians 6:11

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

Important: Biblical cliches that purely have to do with the communication and relationship between the writer and the receiver of the letter, Biblical book.

Important: look at verse 11. What use is it to look at the Bible at all if the meaning is filtered out?

The writer mentions a number of things here in verse 9 but with that he does not undo Christ's fulfilling of the law. The great commandment doesn't suddenly no longer apply.

Important: if it is about some subjects, it is common in Christianity that people lose their intelligence. What matters is the truth. But if it is about some subjects, this insult could stick to anyone saying it.

None of the things mentioned in 1 Corinthians 6:9 are basically forbidden.

Cringed at that.

>None of the things mentioned in 1 Corinthians 6:9 are basically forbidden.
So I can go out now and get a girlfriend and fornicate with her and then hook up with a tranny?

Thank you OP for your threads. They give me hope for /pol. I hope some of you become saved.

Especially those rich pastebins and links.

I do. Have you watched Chuck Misslers Revelation and End Times series? Seriously good stuff.

Jesus appointed Peter as the first pope and said "upon this rock I build my church, and evil shall not prevail against it"
In other words, the Catholic church Peter built as pope cannot fail/become corrupt
That's not to say the leaders won't
Also don't you think it would be strange if Jesus would appoint the anti Christ to build his church that should not fail?

OK, theoretically: if I would say ""yes"" this would mean an insult to me from other Christians. Which I can't do.

That is why this would be the most sane thing:

>if I
And the main thing is that Christianity has a clear problem that can be done something about.

>Jesus appointed Peter as the first pope
Please provide the scripture which says this.

Peter = rock.
Peter is a living person.
God's church is living.
God is building a living church out of living Christians.
Peter was the first.

God never told Peter to go to Rome, wear a silly fish hat, add doctrines, organize a hierarchy, or sit on a throne over His people.

Don't you know that all the apostles considered themselves to be brothers, and they didn't strive to be above one another in ruling over God's people?

If I had to risk my life on a gamble, whether all the apostles had to call Peter 'Father' or not, I'd say no.

Matthew 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Matthew 23:8
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Acts 6:3
Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

Which sect should I choose if I want to not follow Jew doctrine and want to be as close as possible to the word of God as written in the New Testament?
And, which version of the New Testament should I read?
I grew tired of soul crushingly empty atheism.

post pretty churches from your country

Stop being retarded, Jesus was obviously making a reference to the rock and sand parable

Matthew 18:16

Jesus entrusted the building of his church to Peter, Peter built the church and all is traditions

If you read Hebrew just use the Hebrew bible, if not use the KJV.

If you like the big services with all the priests and singing, try the Orthodox churches in your area. I bet there are many beautiful churches in Israel.

But being a Christian is walking with God though, it's a learning experience. If you honestly believe that Jesus is the Son of God and came to take away your sins so that you might live, then call out to Him, ask God to send Him in to your life. If you aren't sure, just pray to God and ask Him to tell you. Believe that He wants you to know. Don't doubt God.

Get baptized and learn wherever you can. There's millions of Youtube videos and countless books. If you have a passing familiarity with Judaic religion, you will probably get a lot out of these videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=vbLD38QbgYA
youtube.com/watch?v=R0nMg1mEfYc
youtube.com/watch?v=lr6xcdzRrOc

Roman Catholicism.

It was the sect founded in 33 AD by Lord Jesus after the Jews killed him for spreading his ministry.

>not follow Jew doctrine and want to be as close as possible to the word of God as written in the New Testament
Out of all the Christian denominations, the Jews hate Catholics the most. So there's some food for thought as to which sect goes against the Jewish doctrine the most.

Oops, it was 16:18

-

>Jesus was obviously making a reference to the rock and sand parable
Yes, I believe this to also be true.

But don't we build churches out of bricks and stones?

If you understand that living Christians are living bricks in God's church, this scripture makes more sense.

Matthew 21:42
Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

When you look at the top of a church, what do you find? A cross.

The people who rejected Him don't want that there. I kind of see the 'builders' as the freemason types, who have a perverse secretive religion going on, they deny Christ. He has been made the highest in heaven, as His inheritance.

_

Guys, it disturbs me how much sin is in the world. Just came from Sup Forums and even /r9k/ and people are sharing secrets and stuff. Pedophilia and sexual immorality and the like.

I know we've all sinned, but it bothers me how frequent and widespread general degeneracy is. If anything this makes me wanna repent and get right.

That's good.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God is so good.

church posting
best posting

I'm going to tell you the tale.

Been coming here everyday warning about the lie of jesus, I have requested evidence from their alleged declartions of ability to do miracles, none have been done.

I've said I have an evil spirit, it hasn't been plucked off me. Seems like they are unable.

There is only one name that has listened to my plea of asking for salvation.
I asked this name to save me, instantly I felt received and assured salvation, it's a feeling in your being, you simply feel it, it is a sensation.

Since the beginning when I started asking for help, I was the only seeker of salvation that seemed to be hated by the world.

Since the moment I accepted my new god and saviour, I am even more hated. I get chased off places.

All hate me for his names sake.

This is how I asked to be saved: Save me Satan.

Orthodox

Cultural Catholics/Christians are essentially atheists. They know nothing about their faith nor do they care. Most cultural Christians have never set foot in a church, or if they do it's only for major holidays.

The truth is most Catholic women are great wife material.

That statue isn't even on a church. Looks like a Roman museum when you reverse search the pic.

Stale meme. You lot post this about 5 times a day in /csg/ threads.

>pope is the antichrist
>Luther is a literal degenerate that fornicates with a cloistered nun

>idol worship
Have you never asked a friend for their prayers? This is what happens when we ask the saints for their intercession.

>we now have constant theological shitposting boards

Sweet.

Biggest enemy of Christianity is other Christians.

Today's world encourages hedonism like never before. It allows people to lose track of what's important.

The churches you post are beautiful. I'd love to attend mass in a countryside village.

i've been there

this church was built without use of nails, really like so small churches, they have god tier atmosphere

What's this doing in a politics board?

Wasn't /his/ made exactly for threads like these? Or did they kick you out?

Says Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants alike are welcome...

Are LDS welcome here? I mean, Jesus Christ is innnnnnnn the title and all...

And we got some swanky scripture too.

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Don't hate. I'm not a weirdo (at least, I don't think I am...? O.o)

These threads are usually nice until the protestants come in and start calling everyone pagans, satan and asserting their denominations as the only Biblical ones.

It's disgusting.

>
>invaded by the demons of satan
>asking satan for help
I've told you many times before, user, you should go to a church. A priest will be able to help you with your demonic possessions (if they're real).

Christianity has begun to eat itself from inside due to splintering so much. Christians looking for answers to their decline often blame others when they can't see how much infighting has destroyed them as a unified faith.

Thank you both.

>all sinned
Being a Christian this is no longer valid because the common spiritual house does this:The others there maybe...

Im not all about this in a way but sex is very dynamically central as a subject for other things or a kind of culture in Christianity.

I've just taken to reading the Bible my self. Really not point in not doing so these days. We all have free access to the hebrew, greek and aramaic ourselves.

Blue Letter Bible and Bible Sword for electronic purposes.

All brothers/sisters in Christ are welcome. :)

>nigdy nie zostanę księdzem w takiej małej parafii

I'm only criticizing the Catholic church (and to a lesser extent orthodox) to say
>hey look, you know that guy who claims to be infallible kissing feet and shit? maybe you ought to listen to and put your faith in God instead

God already told us there will be a falling away in faith anyway. It shouldn't come as a surprise.

Just ignoring this: become double duped. Or even triple Or quadriple.

sin: being against it without reason
sin: misinforming others

No problem.

Best of luck to you and God bless.

I don't have supernatural above normal understandings of what is right or wrong. So also: it is not that someone is saying anything.

Does anyone else think it's really disrespectful for churches to do that christian rock crap in place of actual hymns?

>Orthodoxy is pure Christianity

>Southern American Protestants are garbage

Prove me wrong.

1 Timothy 4:1

>Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons.

That's the problem. By dividing yourselves (Protestantism) you weaken your faith. Disagree with the people splintering off? Splinter off yourself! Eventually every other christian except for you is going to hell because you know you've got the right interpretation, and when that happens Christianity doesn't really exist as a single faith.

The Catholic church is the falling away.

>Try to be polite.

1 John 4:20 [ Obedience by Faith ] If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Yes, teachings of satan from Babylon regarding the worship of the Queen of Heaven.

>original church
>falling away

Thank you, that's nice to hear. Members of the LDS church get so much flak so much of the time, particularly on christian boards. Even though we are, like most other denominations, dictionary definition christians.

Want to speak Bible? We speak and expound the Holy Bible just as much as everyone else.

Every man answers to God. No man hides behind another.

No church ever saved anyone.

No church ever will.

>Being this newfag

I think it's shitty but there's technically nothing wrong with it. It's still prayer just in a different form.

>300 years later.
>original

The claims of the Catholic church are all false. Every single one of them.

Refer to this post: You protestants always employ the same name-calling tactics.

Nope, you're a cultist and you're either following Satan voluntarily or have not yet read the CES letter.

I also highly recommend looking at messianic Christianity on Youtube. It's really interesting and the teachers are often good at making sense of the O.T. so it's more Jew-friendly.

May God bless you and speak to your heart.

No. Look at Christian concerts and speakers on stage, the Holy Spirit gets poured out on them all. Just because people use guitars and drums instead of harps and choirs, doesn't mean God doesn't love their worship.

I understand what you're saying, but we are to help each other. If you honestly think the pope is infallible and I'm doing the wrong thing by pointing out these things, then fair enough. God's church will never perish, and even if I was preaching evil or shaking people's faith, do you think God would allow those people to be taken away from Him? Never. God uses good, and uses other people's evil for good. He would simply use any bad thing to bless people and reinforce their faith. He promise His church will stand, and no matter what anyone says, it will always be true.

Next time you see 10,000 protestants singing and praising God with tears in their eyes as they feel the Holy Spirit, just ask yourself why God would do that to those people if they were damned to hell for not being in the pope's church.

Why would the Jews want to kill Him? He told them that they put their own doctrines above His, and they didn't like it. I try to help people by giving His Word, and I get rejected for it too. But God will repay everyone according to their work, good or bad.

Never has that been the intent. We are saved in Christ, because He atoned for our sins on the cross and at Gethsemane.

The purpose of a church is [supposed to be] for people who wish to follow Christ to gather, and to help and to serve one another.

Are any of you guys actually involved in your church? Or in small groups/Bible studies?
How do you like it?

Seems like something that could happen within the next ten or so years. Watch this space, user.

I really wasn't ever a proper Jew and I might have a problem obeying the rules of the old covenant. I want to convert to disconnect myself from all of this.
But thank you, I'll still look into it at least for the sake of educating myself, and God bless you too.
Thank you.

Are there any Christian writers/Church Fathers from before 400AD who interpret Matthew 16:18 to mean the primacy of the Bishop of Rome?

Most of the members of our church[es] are called to serve in some capacity. The clergy is made up of the members in entirety. I regularly administer sacrament ordinances among other things. I will have more responsibilities as time goes by, but at the moment that is my task at hand, and to prepare for my mission. For now, I administer the sacrament, attend priesthood quorum meetings and discussions and Sunday School lessons.

Romans 12:2 bruh

When you belong to a satanic pedophilia organization, expect people to call you out on it.

So, you have no idea what salvation is, or chose not to express it.

Other things you would not understand by that post are the meanings of "atonement" and the place of the crucifixion.

No Temple.
No High Priest.
No animal sacrifices.
No Passover properly kept in Jerusalem.

No shit you're not a Jew. Nobody is. All you have now is your genetic heritage.

ja akurat naprawdę rozważam pójscie do kleru, może zostanę misjonarzem, ale nie do jakiegos ubongo tylko moze nie wiem, do kazachstanu albo na ukraine, fajnie by bylo

St. Peter founded the Catholic Church in 33 AD upon the order of our Lord.

No problem. :) What are their reasons for hating you so much, anyways? You guys seem like a nice denomination.

new fag or bait

Another lie of the catholic church. One of thousands.

Petros is not the petra.

The foundation of the real church, not the church of Peter, is all the prophets and all the apostles, with Jesus as its head.

Instead of fighting amongst one another, we should be focussed on spreading the Word to other Sup Forumsiticians. This infighting would no doubt be offputting to curious non-Christian visitors in these threads.

Bullshit.

All of the prophets and all of the apostles are the foundation of the real church.

Ephesians 2
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the

foundation of the apostles and prophets,

Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Catholics have no part in the Kingdom of God until they repent, and place their faith in the risen Christ Jesus.

At which point they cease being Catholics and become Christians.

>This is how I asked to be saved: Save me Satan.

Sometimes hate can be more powerfull then love because it is easier

Messianic Christianity isn't to allow people to be separate Jews, it's Christianity which tries to help people be more like early Christians. It's 'Hebrew roots'. For example when the apostles were going out in the world, there wasn't any new testament, they just all knew the torah and had found grace i.e. had the curse of the law (death) taken away.

And we are told not to be Jewish or under the law. For example a person who isn't circumcised who becomes a Christian doesn't have to be circumcised. God wants a separate holy people for Himself, like in the Israelites, but considering how many Israelites were killed and sinning, we are to learn that a circumcision in the flesh doesn't make people belong to Him, it's a circumcision in the heart which counts.

These things probably won't make sense until you've been a Christian for a while.

The link between O.T. and N.T. is really rich and interesting. I especially enjoy the tabernacle mystery. youtube.com/watch?v=7YydUPrqQ-o

I have no idea which denomination to choose because of it.

Catholics tell the lost to join the Catholic church, and they are thus twice as damned as before.

Orthodox tell the lost to join the Orthodox church, and they are thus twice as damned as before.

No thanks. I'll continue posting about Jesus, and Him alone.

Yes, and he made you a gibbering madman.