Investment / Financial Wealth Thread

Investment / Financial Wealth Thread

Instead of the normal cancer we get over and over again on Sup Forums, how about we change it up and talk about some grownup shit.

I'm looking to do more investing. My wife and I, together, bring home about $6,500 per month. After all bills and expenses are paid, we're left over with about $4,500. So, around $54,000 per year of loose cash. I want to invest and turn a good profit. What does Sup Forums know about investing? Might be some good info out there.

Attached: 1.jpg (500x332, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZcF36_qMd8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

UP 1000%

INVEST

INVEST

INVEST

Attached: Screenshot_20180327_105642.png (607x454, 45K)

I'm always hesitant if a company hasn't shown at least 5 years of solid state growth. Same thing happened with Bitcoin a few months back. I'll research this company though. What changed in 2015 to make it spike?

Bump.

There's not a lot that I can reliably tell you, but nvidia is a global market leader in computer parts and is about to start pushing some less performing brands off the market. Nvidia is a big ol' pot o' jews and I'd invest in it if I were a bit older.

Start by getting a better paying job.

Exchange traded fund - find some large, tracing some well known index and you have bunch of stocsk with a single investment.

Today is the first time I've really looked at them, TBH. What sorts of plans have they announced to stay on top? What sort of technology are the looking in to? I'm sure there are articles out there, I saw something about making chips for self driving cars and being involved with Tesla.

Ever heard of cryptocurrencies?
You're welcome.

I make $60k per year gross, wife makes $54k and we both get bonuses at the end of the year. Together we bring in over $150k. Not bad for a chick in her 20's and a guy in his early 30's. No college degrees between the 2 of us.

I tried that once and it didn't pay off. I don't like having all my eggs in 1 basket. I don't want 1 branch of investment to have more than 30% of my total investing. Therefore if it's a hit, it's not a really hard hit. It just kinda sucks.

>What does Sup Forums know about investing?

gibsmedat!!

I'm not opposed to them and I think eventually they will do well. However, I like things that have done well over 5 years. I don't think the market is ready for crypto currency yet. I think people are scared of it. It has potential though.

kek

Had to Urban Dictionary. Well done.

Yeah of course it will take some time but even by investing let's say 300 USD per month at the current prices you will gain a shit ton of coins (in best case different currencies). And now imagine Said currencies getting as high as the bitcoin already was... Easy Shekels

Same guy here. Any info from this point on may possibly be false as I am not actively into the subject, but I think they were planning to release new GPU's that fit only on nvidia's own motherboards, meaning Intel only has it's processors left and AMD is fucked. Nvidia's GPU's are by far the best and they have reasonable motherboards. This all came from a research and development project by Intel, former market leader. They discontinued the project and it continued rogue. That's where nvidia started.

Buy crypto. Not just btc and eth, like spread that shit.

So, short term and smaller amounts, could do decent with the possibility of doing extremely well long term. Valid. I'm not mad at that.

Some etf tracing MSCI world will have stocks from over 1600 companies. That is not a single basket.

So, looked at some of them. Most in the top 10 do great over the last 5 years, so I'm very interested. But YTD they aren't doing well. I wonder why?

Yeah just read it up. There's one trillion different coins that support all kinds of different things. Then there's celebrities that support some of those as well. And there's plenty of shit going on even as I write this. Ripple for example is doing some type of collaboration with certain banks (Santander for example) to improve the money sending/receiving thing. And now look at the top 3 traded currencies in 24h. BTC is there with about 6000 USD, ETH with 500 and #3 is fucking Ripple with 0,60 USD a piece.

Me again, for the third and final time. Here's the link to a video from a gamer's POV explaining a bit of nvidia's strategies and showing that it's basically gonna stay the lead for a while. I hope that this helped you to understand a bit about nvidia. youtu.be/ZcF36_qMd8M

Good info. Thank you anons.

No worries. I hope u get rich and think back to those two random guys that made u make millions

Ayyyy

iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF had 22% in 2017. That is OK for me...

That's a damn good ROI. For sure.

I'll pay it forward one day user, for sure.

Fyi, I selected this etf as my investment because of taxation and is traded in EU. If you are us citizen, you may find better etfs.

when i was 12 or so i smeared my poop all over a ladder and made a friend climb it. he didn't notice until his hands were covered in shit. i'm still keking when i think of that story.

bampin

Put most of it in a conservative place like 401K.