Its a Winston Churchill ep

its a Winston Churchill ep
also crown thread

Why is Philip such a dick

i think because he has lost faith in kings and queens since he left Greece.
i love how much Churchill loves his country he think only he can possibly run it

>yfw the queen scolds winston

did anyone else cry like a bitch when the king died?

no

you're a monster

>It's a Winston Churchill cedes Poland episode
>It's a Winston Churchill begs for US support then bitches and whines about being a US puppet episode
>It's a Winston Churchill gets voted out of power after """"""""saving"""""" the UK episode

no, I knew it was coming. It's a good show though.

The Churchill portrait episode was pretty well done.
It was a smart move to hire Stannis as the painter so you were never really sure if he hated Churchill or just not.

Is this worth watching?

It's written by the guy who did Frost/Nixon and The Queen. If you liked those you'll probably enjoy this.
The cast and directing is really on point too.

it is, if you like politics and history.

It was only an intermediary during WW2 wasn't he? Once that finished he was no longer PM until he was voted in later on and turned out to be shit

if the queen scolded me i would run out crying

It was very touching

>Stannis
Is that why the painting was sacrificed to R'hllor?

Then why get married to one?

have no idea, guess i could look it up i think they were in love

It's well acted and beautifully shot, you can tell how much effort they put into that. It does tend to be a bit soapy at times though, and it really play up unnecessary drama between Philip and Elizabeth, like he'd have known he had to kneel at her Coronation.

Also Queen "Fuck you Edward" Mary is the best character.

She promised to obey her husband during her wedding vow, which he wrongly interpreted would give him control over her actions

Philip chafing under the idea he has to give up a successful naval career to always stand behind his wife and wave I can see that happening. Philip not knowing, then trying to get out of kneeling at a coronation. Something every Royal consort for nearly a 1000 years has had to do as the plot of an episode feels like adding unnecessary tension.