What are some things they could plausibly do in the second season that would ruin the show?

Focus more on cgi monsters.

They're not that dumb. Implausible, I say.

It's possible they could lose track of the balance between suspense and pathos that worked so well for them.

If they go too much 'alien' and not enough 'goonies' or 'stand by me' they'll be fucked.

The first season wasn't very good.

[Spoiler]The scene where the teacher explains parallel dimensions with a flea and an acrobat was retarded [/spoiler]

Are you fucking serious???

The sheriff sneaking around a government facility by sucker punching everyone in the face was even more stupid.

So was the scene where the girl decided to leave behind her stuff crawl into a bloody tree hole. What did she think was going to happen?

Turn it into a sitcom with a laugh track but the laugh track is really scraping noises and heavy machinery played a little too long so it covers up what the character says after the joke and makes it really hard to follow

You guys understand that movies and TV aren't real... right?

Sometimes they follow or reference an existing set of conventions and tropes that we call the language of film.

I don't even see where they could take it from here in a compelling way. The appeal of the first season was seeing people come to grips with a kid's disappearance and other weird shit in distinct, but ultimately connected, ways. The Upside Down itself isn't really that interesting. I'm not sure how Stranger Things II: But More! could carry that kind of fun suspense, but who knows.

Thats how you break immersion.

How else are you supposed to explain parallel dimensions to children? Tell me that, Einstein.

Spawn an army of CGI monsters

Have the monsters talk

Have Elle possess Frogboy

Have Barb possess Will

Winona/Sheriff sex scene

Nancy/Jonathan sex scene

Steve/Jonathan sex scene

Elle/monster sex scene

Release episodes

the tube method, duh

You don't because there's no empirical evidence of their existence

>immersion
Movies are not video games. Everything in a movie is a convention. Fucking hell man. You're watching a series of moving images, and sometimes they cut to different images shifting perspective through time and space. Except they're only the illusion of time and space to begin with...
You're like a guy that goes to a theater to watch a Shakespeare production and then claim that it sucks because the theatrical sword fights look fake.

Like, bitch -- are you for real?

I hope they tone down the amount of CGI used next season

Dude. You're talking to middle school kids who are interested in science and science fiction, and you're a nerdy middle school science teacher who is into science and science fiction.

OF COURSE YOU TELL THEM ABOUT ALTERNATE REALITIES.

>teacher user! I'm really interested in science and shit. Can you explain to me what parallel universes are?
>PSH NO WAY FAG GROW UP THEY DON'T EXIST
man I'd be the best teacher

>something retarded happens
>It's just convention for entertainment to be retarded!
kys

What they need is a more suspenseful monster

The first episode paints it as being some bizarre otherworldly being
but by a couple episodes in it's just lol interdimensional apex-predator

also I wonder about the pacing of season 2 because it's going to feel like a cop-out if Eleven just reappears out of nowhere a couple of episodes in without any build up to the other characters finding her

>the laugh track is really scraping noises and heavy machinery
this is beautiful

I found that shit enjoyable as fuck

dude is basically an action hero by then, and him not getting capped by the government just proves that

Make a second season.

They already did wrong by focusing half the season on a teen romance subplot that ultimately didn't even matter

So obviously what could make me drop it on first episode is giving me even MORE high school teen drama that nobody gives a fuck about

Diverse cast.

the kids are all going to be noticeably older , this will likely affect the writing to keep it consistent with their age.

They explain in season 2 that Eleven's power actually comes from a high level of microscopic, intelligent lifeforms that live within the cells of all living beings

Came here to post this. Great minds think alike brother!

11 and black kid forced romance.

it was the 80s

people could do that back then

Not enough Finn Wolfhard

Forced romance

>What are some things they could plausibly do in the second season that would ruin the show?
Continuing the storyline from season 1 instead of doing it like American Horror Story.

I feel like they took the mythos to its limits already and I don't want to see anymore.

Season 2 is going to be noticeably worse than Season 1.