/b pls help me be a little less autistic so i can get a job and get out of the Sup Forums life

/b pls help me be a little less autistic so i can get a job and get out of the Sup Forums life.

The question states (pic related) replace the loading on the frame by a single resultant force. Specify where its line of action intersects a horizontal line along member CB, measured from the end C.

I know for a fact I got the correct resultant force and angle which is
Fr = 356.1 N with its components being
Frx= 220 N
Fry= -280 N
and its angle being -51* from horizontal, but how in the world do I specify its line of action according to horizontal member CB, measured from C? That question makes 0 sense to me and it makes me wana kms. No answers online for this and I asked my teacher and she told me to start by taking momentum along point which would be Ma= -730 so now what?!?!

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (820x772, 526K)

stop frog posting and trap posting

Attached: pepe.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

already fuck you guys, where are the smart fags, why are only trap and incest lovers online rn :(

Where the fuck is C

I got you, fam. Just let me give it a check and get you the answer.

You can't be this autistic. Smh

op here
its not given on the picture, but im assuming its exactly where the negative 400 N is

answer is supposibly 1.75m but i want to know howwwwwwwww and what are the steps to get it

so... many... numbers...

Attached: 1493161372613.jpg (400x322, 35K)

>supposibly

Attached: images (20).jpg (441x302, 13K)

woops, that's why im an engineer and not a worthless English major :^)))

do you think this bird likes pool shenanigans?
or will he bite?
that guys thinkin about it....

Attached: 1505043888849.jpg (600x428, 26K)

b1rd

Attached: 1508452288814.jpg (640x799, 62K)

example 4.17

Attached: ex4.17.png (662x770, 87K)

example 4.18

Attached: ex4.18.png (664x780, 126K)

college isnt for everyone, Kyle

reduce the forces on AB to point B then go from there.

Attached: 1521009062145.jpg (460x855, 85K)

this looks promising, thanks so much user, ill go over this

Attached: x240-Bep.jpg (427x240, 17K)

You seriously came to b for answers to a statics problem.
You're gonna go far child.

NP. Good luck.

It's antiautism like this that causes bridges to collapse

you'll be surprised, some people from /b are extremely smart and have a good life. I've gotten help from physics to matrix theory here within seconds mate, not everyone is a trap loving college drop out fag

i'm a physicist and this doesn't make any sense at all or it's some troll shit. how the fuck does air push up on the beam with 600N of force?

It's a gantry for a zeppelin

Momentum isn't a factor here. I'm assuming you mean moment arm. Do a force balance different points on the beam and continue

the diagonal piece of wood exerts a counter force upwards against gravity. keeping the board in place

nothing is moving so you don't need momentum here

remember the resultant force is somewhere on your fbd
take the moment at A and set it equal to moments due to the resultant force

basically what they're doing in this moment summation

i guess everyone have a diff method, teachers method confused me. Thanks user's i think I got it from here

It's statics, so you have two things to remember: all the forces cancel and all the moments cancel. You only have horizontal and vertical to worry about, so no Z-component to trip you up.
You got the sum of all the forces in the x and y components, but not the moment arms. Solving for those tells you where the equivalent moment arm/line of action is.

>So, I found who was behind of it.

Attached: 98f19m4usn6q2543214000000.jpg (473x445, 25K)

The question you are asking is where along CB is the resultant force vector located to where its moment equals the moment of all the smaller forces in the picture combined. Pretty sure.

t. Bachelors in Mech Eng.

>ut how in the world do I specify its line of action according to horizontal member CB

think of the resultant point. when taking the moment at that point. it basically creates a large cross (two perpendicular lines) extending across your drawing. These two lines will intersect at CB somewhere and will also intersect at AB somewhere
the question is asking you to find where on cb its intersecting

Attached: staticsprob.png (820x772, 410K)

OP HERE. TO CLARIFY FOR ANY FUTURE "Sup Forums CACHE" QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS , HERE IS THE SOLUTION I CAME TO

Find sum of Moment along point A which will equal sum of moment of resultant on A.
This yeilds
Moment along A COUNTER CLOCKWISE POSITIVE =400(1.5)-600(.5)-900(3/5)(2.5)+400(4/5)(1) simplified = -730
Moment of FR A COUNTER CLOCKWISE POSITIVE (pretend you have FR on middle of CB) = -220b+280a

730 = 220b - 280a

distance b is always 3 bc its on BC so we get
a= -0.25
a+d= 1.5 so d = 1.75m CORRECT ANSWER according to teacher

Im a horrible explainer but thats it folks, now go back to trap posting

Ahhhhhh I remember statics class.