Any experts in electronics here?

Any experts in electronics here?
I made this USB lamp using a 60led panel I had lying around, It works as if it was a 100watt fluorescent bulb.

It's all good except the USB port gets really hot after a few mins of being connected what do I do to make it heat up less?

Should I extend the length of the wire? use a fast charge USB? both?

Attached: 20180327_172940.png (720x719, 508K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S5MqwuIMnhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nobody?

use thermal paste or a heat pipe ?

bump

You have likely exceeded the wattage, ie amperage of the socket itself. Using sturdy cord and a charge block that employs a transformer may help. And it may also explode.

Mathmatically SHORTENING the length of wire would descrease the resistance but the difference is next to negligible. Unless you can find platinum or white gold usb cord.

questions?

Guessing as not an expert but it is drawing too much current. What is the max suggested current for USB, and what are you running it from?

use the fucking internet, not a image forum inhabited by edgy try-hards...

how many Amps does your charger outputs?

quick, you faggots are

Fuck off, it's better than all the cancer. Fucking newfag. Time was you could actually have conversations about all sorts of shit here. Just go fucking die you septic cunt.

>Why are you talking to people instead of just reading shit alone.

right?

The powerbank from that pic gives out 2.1a but it also heats up (though a bit slighter) on my laptop that has 0.5a usb ports

Oh I forgot to mention the USB cable i wired to the lamp is a slow charge usb that should give only 1 amps

don't plug it into your laptop

even at a half ohm resistance with each led taking half a volt you're still at about three times the rated amperage of the block, twelve times your laptop.

Don't slag your usb drive.

that's too many leds for just 2A
you need to a find out how much are your 32 leds drawing and use a power supply accordingly

I'm sure at roughly 6 amps you're testing that cable. Don't be a hero OP

Don't understand. Are you saying the lights draw 2.1A? Or you have a USB power supply that gives 2.1A? What is the power rating on the lights?

do you got the id the led composent, its not like they got all the same spec.

This is what I was getting at. Don't do it.

load determins draw, rating means rating, only supplys are rated, not loads

silly fag trying to ask the guy asking about electricity about electricity

get an ammeter if you really care basically OP. Then become an engineer and don't burn down the house

They're way more expensive than your light panel

LEDs draw typically 20Mah (.02A)

60 LEDs, .02a = 1.2a

From a 5v (I think) output from the USB.

What ohm resistor did you use for these LEDs. And what I the forward current of these LEDs, how many did you put in series and how many series do you have in parralel, what resistor do you have on a series if applicable

Alao to add to this. Typical white LEDs forward draw is 3.2 volts. If you didn't run a resistor for each individual led you are almost double the recommended voltage of the LEDs, drawing about 40mah because of it because amperage is directly related to voltage, putting you at about 2.4a draw

youtu.be/S5MqwuIMnhc

But shouldn't it be limited by the voltage and amperage supplied by the device? I didn't installed any voltage changers or anything so it shouldn't be using more that 5v

The power supply (powerbank) can give out a Max of 2.4A

But if 60 Leds are too much how about one of this? they have only 20 leds

Attached: 20180327_183752.png (720x719, 384K)

if you used thedevice the block was meant for, it would be

Still continuing.

You would need a 100ohm resistor in series with each led, and because of the 3.2v forward drop (5.0 - 3.2 = 1.8).

I'll assume you have them all in their own series now so if you add a 100ohm resistor between the USB input and where you start connecting you should be fine, as long as you use a resistor that can handle the wattage

I hadn't put any resistors all I did was wire the data cables of the USB together and wire the positive and negative ends of the 60 lamp with the ones from the USB

Thanks for the explanation I will try getting something to lower the voltage

are you retarded

>Wire the positive and negative ends of this thing with the ones from the lamp
>The powerbank used a 3.7v lithium battery so it will lower the 5v to 3.7v
>If I want to turn on the lamp I can just connect the mini USB
This would work right?

Attached: 20180327_185434.png (720x718, 849K)

I tried it out and it does work without it heating up thanks for the help guys

You need something in series with the LEDs to limit the goddamn current. You can't just lower the voltage.