Why do people an hero?

Why do people an hero?

Do people who actually want to die care about the level of pain involved? I know hanging you pass out in a few seconds but even if I wanted to die, I'd be afraid of how much it would hurt to have all your weight on your neck.

I dont want to die at all, but does that make sense or does fearing pain involved in an heroing mean they dont want to die?

Is that why guns are popular since you can be dead almost immediate? If guns werent available would the same amount of people hang themselves or would they be more hesitant to, even though it is quick it is painful?

Attached: cb62dfc57f9aa75da3bd4cdfa2667b3a--musée-rodin-auguste-rodin.jpg (336x448, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.ashspace.org/asm_guide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i felt like i was suicidal until i bought my first gun (shotgun) and shot some buckshots for fun. it was like an immense feeling of power behind the trigger and like. woah, id be doing that to my head. never thought about it again

Exit bags, m8

they are just weak pathetic people who cant handle the reality given to them

>Why do people an hero?
lol retard

If no one had guns would people an hero at the same rate using hanging you think? Even though they pass out quickly does it make sense to be afraid of what it would feel like, or does that mean they dont want to truely die if pain deters them?

The risk of pain is worth the reward. At some point the pain needs to stop.

People an hero for a multitude of reasons.

In some cultures, suicide is a way to escape shame by restoring one's honor (Japan, Ancient Rome).

Some people kill themselves because they don't want to go through the pain of living. Assisted suicides by medical professionals are an example.

Other people do it to escape the psychological pain of living.

I personally think that murder is wrong, because you deprive another person of their life against their will. With that in mind, I also personally think that suicide is an inalienable right of every human being. If you don't want to live anymore for whatever reason then whose business is it? It's your business. Period.

probably not, its a lot easier to pull a trigger than to set up a rope and chair and dangle for minutes before you die. pretty high chance of you surviving as well. ive read that people who have survived trying to an hero via hanging get an instant sense of regret as soon as they kick the chair and try to fight for their life. hanging is definitely not a peaceful way to go that only the most desperate result to

TL;DR if guns were somehow completely vanished from the USA suicide rates would go down at least a little bit

hanging actually makes you pass out in just a few seconds, it compresses the neck arteries like a sleeperhold

even knowing that though is it still reasonable why someone would be nervous about it even if they wanted to die, simply because your throat being crushed basically seems really painful

also to answer the second question, anyone who is suicidal and has already shot a gun before knows exactly what they're doing to themselves and simply want the most painless way out. i believe shooting yourself right is definitely the most painless, especially when i think about states where its legal to kill yourself if you have a terminal illness. just knowing that you're about to go to sleep and never wake up would probably be extremely anxious and fearful, even if you want to die that bad.

id feel like a skinny fuck like me, 6"0 110 pounds probably wouldnt be knocked out instantly

>especially when i think about states where its legal to kill yourself
I worded that really retarded, but theres certain states where they support giving terminally ill people lethal injections in the most humane way possible if they want it.

I think hanging hurts one of two ways: the breaking of your neck or your suffocating, depending on how you fall. Suffocation is brutal and makes your brain feel like it's exploding very slowly, 15/10. The neck break pain depends on how it breaks but assuming you damage your spinal cord sufficiently it would be painful but fast. (6-8/10) Jumping from a tall building is frightening but apparently very low pain because gravity works faster than neuroelectricity. There's the archive.ashspace.org/asm_guide/ archive that breaks down all the methods. Don't try any of them.

I don't know why you're asking, but in my experiences, the times I wanted to an hero myself I found I didn't actually want to die. I found that I actually just wanted something to end: addiction, pain, toxic relationships or situations... Or that something was ending and I was projecting that onto myself: the death of a loved one or pet, the loss of an important job, getting dumped... I don't usually want to an hero these days because I recognize an hero as a metaphor for endings, and then I deal with that. This doesn't make me idealize an hero any less, it just keeps it in perspective. I think most people don't an hero because they're able to keep their problems in perspective - even their most weighty and devastating ones.

Attached: pepe.jpg (800x600, 150K)

get 4L of rum and stick it in your ass. kills you in minutes

>I don't know why you're asking
okay heres a tldr version

>if people who wanted to die had pain free/near instant ways taken away from them would they still do stuff like hanging, jumping, arm cuts, etc at the same rate. Basically is pain even if its a few seconds enough to keep most suicidal persons from doing it?

I've struggled with suicidal ideation for most my life. I can't say why other people do it but I'm fairly certain I actually have some kind of mental imbalance. Sometimes I just want to kill myself for what seems like no reason, or very trivial reasons. At my worst I have climbed up to the 13th floor of a building and almost jumped. I've cut myself or messed with guns. Really the pain level is just a consideration. When I've been most full of self-hate and mutilated myself I had to restrain myself from causing lasting or debilitating damage to myself. Functionality or chronic pain is something to be wary of when self-harming. Whenever I've come close the good moments in life have kept me from going completely through with it. Once when I was 18 I cut my wrist thinking I would bleed out and die and it was due to mental anguish I had felt for years, that coupled with excessive drug use left me exhausted in a way that no amount of sleep could cure. When I thought I had cut enough I felt an immense relief. Pain was a non issue as I used a steak knife so sawing through flesh when mentally straight is horrid but in that state it was a freeing kind of feeling. I guess what keeps me hanging on is the thought that I have felt joy before and I want to feel joy again and I look forward to adventures and completing something worthwhile. I love to create music and stories, explore new places, and discover new things. There's good in life. There's a lot of shit or unexplainable pain but that's something people have to figure out how to deal with themselves. Wish you all the best anons.

>pic related

Attached: 41634_100001543579400_9604_n.jpg (180x240, 14K)

I'm an extreme sufferer of OCD and sometimes when it kicks up really bad I get so overwhelmed and feel like I just wanna run a bullet through my head. I feel like that would be the easiest way. Does any schoolfags have an idea of what would happen as far as brain activity after a lethal gun blast to your head? If you'd feel any pain?

Would you be afraid of fully hanging by your neck even though it takes just a few seconds before lights out? I think I would since those few seconds would feel very painful.

please dont kill yourself though bro. Im sorry you have ocd

not a med person but id imagine that it would feel like if someone was hit in the head by a hammer at the speed of sound, theyd definitely pass out instantly i would think

Approx 40 min of immense pain after a shotgun blast to the head. Then ur perinium goes into shock and u finally die

I probably won't, I love my family too much to be that selfish. All you do is take your pain, multiply it, and dish it out to everyone you love.
Do you think laying your head on a train track and getting hit by a train full speed would accommodate that?

>perinium
Good one lol

Attached: Perineal_Pain_final.jpg (1400x800, 113K)

Why obsess over that shit, Op? If you've got that much free time, research free energy or cure cancer or some shit. Only self absorbed, miserable narcissist spend their time thinking about an hero.