How picky are you when it comes to music? When listening to an album for the first time...

How picky are you when it comes to music? When listening to an album for the first time, is there anything that instantly turns you off?

If mu likes it.

Its really boring and unenjoyable

whiny vocals are simply unbearable for me

Honestly? I'm afraid that someone might take, or has already used a song idea I thought of for a long time. There's a specific song I made 6 years ago, and every time I try to listen to an album, I get paranoid that a song in the album is exactly like mine (so far, I haven't encountered any), which leads me to reduce my listening for a while.

that's autistic, user

they all are very similar, yet different. That's because just too much music has been made, things end up getting overlapped constantly and done only slightly different. Don't get so stress over making music that is 100% unique, like that is even possible.
I bet you will find albums made in the past that at times sounds exactly like your music

Thank you guys.

First I check what Fantano and Scaruffi have to say about the album

Yelling, "Strange we should meet here" by Idiot Pilot was really fucking good until the "heavy metal yelling" started.

Hey, that's one of my favorite albums! Did you by any chance post a Radiohead thread recently? I posted the album on it!

I can't stand so called "visceral" music like punk rock, metal, hip hop, edm because that's just an excuse for the music to be dumb as fuck.

I also don't like if the music can only be good on the basis of muh technicality or muh complexity like classical or jazz or prog where it's just a lot of pointless wanking to show up complex music theory ideas rather than have any semblance of emotion.

Mainstream rock/pop is too fucking vapid for me, it's just about shallow takes on sex and bitches or some dumb shit that's disconnected from reality like some flowery Beatles shit.

None of overly gimmicky stuff either. Fuck that tryhard experimental garbage, and just because ethnic music sounds cool to one person cuz it seems exotic doesn't mean it isn't overly repetitive garbage.

I can only appreciate the most top tier of music like The Velvet Underground, Nick Drake, The Pixies, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and Joanna Newsom. So I guess I am pretty picky.

Yes, I'm the OP. I finally bought Hail to the Thief

>like The Velvet Underground, Nick Drake, The Pixies, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and Joanna Newsom, the list goes on...

excellent bait friend

you had me going until you namedropped radiohead

Example?

Not that guy but I can't listen to At The Drive In because of their winy ass vocals put me off

fuck u

jimmies almost rustled

>how the vocalist sounds
>production quality

Vocalist using falsetto and failing horribly.