How do we fix basketball?

How do we fix basketball?

Other urls found in this thread:

nba.com/article/2017/06/05/nba-finals-ratings-most-watched-jordan-1998
sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2001/10/Issue-34/The-Back-Of-The-Book/Scarborough-Sports-Marketing-Breaks-Down-NBA-Demographics.aspx
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/02/which-sports-have-the-whitest-richest-oldest-fans/283626/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Basketball is literally already fixed. It's all a work. Get a clue.

Fouls in final two minutes award the team fouled an automatic point in addition to free throws

agreed, if WWE is in /asp/ I think NBA should get relegated there as well

get rid of max salaries. they encourage superstars to bunch together and ring chase.

Don't let low IQ slave lebron make his own team

>team so good it can overcome refball
>h-how do we fix basketball
fuck outta here faggot, you aren't a true fan if you root for protected superstars like lebron, take your jordan comparisons and shove em up your ass

It's the opposite, the Warriors are the anomaly. Players are usually way more egotistical and selfish.

I'm hiding all these apecuck threads please stop

Career ending injury for durant.
Or ship him off to brooklyn, basically the same.

Kill Kevin Durant

Both the Cavs and the Warriors are literally stacked as hell and it's because player like LeBron, Curry, and Durant literally cannot be paid in increments of 10 gorillion dollars

Hard salary cap

>Durant is an anomaly, players usually aren't massive vaginas who want no competition
fixed it a bit for ya

So you want a soft cap with no max salaries? I think I understand but I don't think that hurts the Warriors as much now. Also, about half of the GMs are retarded, I don't look forward to that

1. Replace all NBA referees with people who aren't taking money bet on games by bookies.
2. Instruct these new referees to officiate games fairly.
3. Prevent players from joining already good teams in order to build "Super-teams".

bring defense back to the game
hand checking back in

this

the NBA used to have less rules and stupid GMs ruined half the teams in the NBA Nets-style with giant 6-year contracts and shit. The goal of the current CBA is to make it so that you can only really fuck your franchise up for like 3 years tops. Thats where there's things like needing to make an All-NBA team to get the super max contract.

>protected superstars
He's about to lose his 5th finals. That's some pretty shitty protection.

College basketball is 100x better. Hopefully they repeal one-and-done so the negroids can go straight from HS to pro.

Yeah, it's been awhile since Lebron went to Miami.

College bball is hot garbage filled with slow, skill-less fucks. The only good part about it is the atmosphere, "passions", and upsets in march madness. The actual game on the court is terrible for the most part

Fun fact: the NBA being completely broken is something only recognized by the dwindling number of white NBA fans.
>nba.com/article/2017/06/05/nba-finals-ratings-most-watched-jordan-1998
Nogs, the primary consumers of the NBA, love the NBA as a competition between basically unfair powerhouse teams. They want ebin stories and dynasties, crafted with a touch more subtlety than the WWE's writing.
Since black people are self-aggrandizing, have higher priority for sheer entertainment than fair competition, the NBA has now transformed into a joke league.

In 2001, the demographics of NBA fans suggested that the NBA fanbase was 73 percent white. That is whiter than the USA is right now:
sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2001/10/Issue-34/The-Back-Of-The-Book/Scarborough-Sports-Marketing-Breaks-Down-NBA-Demographics.aspx
Now it is 45 percent black and 40 percent white:
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/02/which-sports-have-the-whitest-richest-oldest-fans/283626/

When the MLB tested the "entertainment above fair competition" idea with the steroid era in the late 1990s, there was a 5 year period of jubilation as home runs were smashed, but the end was Congressional hearings, denying Hall of Fame entry to players that hit 500+ home runs, and a large portion of the fanbase looking back on the era with shame, because the fanbase of the MLB was 85-90 percent white people at the time.

No such reckoning will happen as the NBA plummets into WWE levels of playoff-craft, because the processes used (shuffling around stars to stack teams) are legal and because blacks never investigate business incentives to sniff out fakery.

1. Reduce the number of teams to improve talent pools
2. Reduce the percentage of teams that make the playoffs
3. Shorten the season to make games matter more

College basketball is just players who are too slow to drive passing around for 30 seconds until someone who can't shoot is forced to pull up a contested shot.

Most of the "exciting" last second finishes only happen because the defense is awful or someone fucks up and creates a dumb turnover.

This is true. Blacks love this shit

see These reasonable adjustements and tweaks would balance the NBA, which is something only a subset of white fans would want. Probably half of white fans want the NBA to be tweaked to get rid of unfair powerhouse dynasites, and probably 20 percent of nogs. With the demographics of NBA fans being 45/40 black/white, and 15 percent other brown soup, it's very likely that about 70 percent of the fan base loves their BASED EBIN DYNASTIES, and that they will continue to get worse.

Such fans are also hopelessly ignorant about the blatantly obvious maneuvers designed to eliminate competition in order to manufacture playoff rivalries and dynasties, and are probably more likely to just bandwagon no matter where in the fuck they live; so that something like being loyal to a local team no matter what will just fall to the wayside as the US and NBA fanship becomes darker and more blissfully unaware of the obvious manipulations employed by NBA upper management, since the fanbase IQ is probably ~91 based on the demographics. Thus, the NBA will become a binary dynamic, which grows darker and darker in the fanbase itself, for which you will see "fans" in Washington state and Arizona increasing loyalty to the Warriors while fans in Philadelphia and Brooklyn increasingly bandwagon with Cleveland.

Usually despise salary caps but because of the influence a couple people have it has to be done.

Oh my god...I had such big internet tunnel vision on these issues that I thought for sure interest was low and that they would have to tweak it. It's almost like I didn't even realize the fanbase was infested with darkies who would obviously just lap it up...

It's over... I can't believe what an idiot I was for ever thinking otherwise...

College basketball has really aged terribly for me as I've gotten older. It really is pretty slow.

Fact is, half the fanbase is black. Ignore what you see in the stands. What they want is wildly different from what I or probably you want.

It's only going to get worse trying to appeal to such different tastes

raise the rim by 3 feet

Apply FIBA rules, aka the ACTUAL basketball rules.

This has changed. We will see the NBA glumping into a few superteams, with the rest being left out in the cold.