Ellen Page sucks roasty lips

is that the one where she ACTs?

All others stand aside.

Moonrise Kingdom too

This.

they all led poor lives except the jerry o connell

poetic

amazing movie, i love it so much.

i would rape her and make her pregnant to my child. shit movie.

>all these plebs hating on juno because its mainstream and a chick movie
its good though

Moonrise Kingdom is, by a wide margin, the worst film he's made. There's literally zero fucking substance to the entire movie. It's the epitome of style and self-indulgence over story. It's just two hours of watching Wes Anderson masturbate.

I think they hate it because it's for nu-males and feminists.

Good choice.

This.

Came to post this

nostalgiakino

True

My favorite movie desu

can this be considered coming of age?

Big

The Wire season 1, Virgin Suicides, Blue is the Warmest Color, Fish Tank, Palo Alto.

Fucking this. Beat me to it.

>Virgin Suicides, Blue is the Warmest Color
Those are about severe mental health issues/illness and not learning to deal with it, not coming of age, that's why both end with main characters killing themselves (it was changed/skipped in movie version of Blue is the Warmest Color).

YOU PLAY BALL LIKE A GIRL

>virgin suicides
But the boys that followed the girls, wasn't that a film about them too?
>it was changed/skipped
Well, we're discussing film here, not books or graphic novels. So many films have different endings than books it's not even worth mentioning.

Try not to cry at the end. I dare you.

Brilliant movie that deserves more recognition. Also good McConnakino

Joke's on you I've never cried at any media, I have some sort of emotional connection problem

I only get teary eyed

Erk. Thanks for reminding me of how problematic it is.

yeah, it's called being a sociopath
are you a surgeon or ceo?

failing engineering student

No, it's called being an emotionally stable man. If you cry from seeing movies there's something seriously wrong with you.

>wasn't that a film about them too?
Don't know about the book, but definitely not the movie. They have almost no characterization or any development, and basically serve as a generic observer character into the girls lives.
>So many films have different endings than books it's not even worth mentioning.
It's not different, just much tamer. She still ends up severely fucked in the head, unable to properly move on or let go, which is obvious in the last scene. The only difference is that in the original source material she eventually becomes a drug addict and dies, which is technically sill very possible for the movie version of her, it was just never shown.

>emotionally stable man

Name a coming of age movie with a better soundtrack
Pro tip: you flippin can't

Go ahead, try and deny it all you want. But it wont change the fact that its a perfect representation of a boy growing up

Go back to tumblr, BPD ridden hambeast.

>having empathy
>something seriously wrong with you

ok bucko

It took 12 years to make!

I'll take my /thread now please

teen pregnancy is soooo cute and totally normal and not shameful at all!!!

I have empathy, but crying from movies just shows emotional instability.

Then again, Americucks are pretty hyper-emotional.

It took 12 years to mae.

>I haven't seen the movie

I really wish this got a sequel or at least a tv show spinoff.

If i watched this without knowing it took 12 years to make I'd still think the same about it. It's a comfy, enjoyable, solidly crafted movie.

>quip,quip,quip,reference,reference,quip,quip,quip,akward silence,music reference,80s reference,music reference,quip,quip, credits
>Juno The Movie

Being moved by art doesnt make you emotionally unstable. It just means you understand it. Its ok if youve never understood art user, its not for everyone.

I liked this more than I should have

>its a perfect representation of a future nu-male growing up
ftfy

What was the message of this movie?

Honestly, Cera probably made Page lesbian. She thought this was the best men could do and gave up

conform or be destroyed.

also gothgirls suck

Supposedly a sequel is in the works. Idk though man; don't want to get my hopes up, both for it even happening or even worse being a major let down like every other sequel they've been pumping out. Perfect sequel for me would be exact same cast (wigger slim shady and puddle black kid a must), same writers and director or at least someone who can mimic the comic book style shots, senior year, and maybe a pg13 rating for a tad more adult humor and violence.

>anyone resembling a chad is a nu-male
Typical robot excuse. How was your shitty adolescence and how does it feel knowing you wasted the best part of your life?

>tfw the poor ginger boy
>Cant mix with whites
>Cant mix with monkeys
>When this hell gonna end??

nerds get nothing

No you didn't; you liked it the perfect amount. Its literally one of the very few good super shit movies. Fantastic writing and hilarious moments that haven't aged a bit (will reading the apple juice box when sitting with the popular kids and the black kid and wigger kid screaming down the pipe to the camera are two great little examples of this)
>HOLD ME HOLD ME

It's the one where playing the same teenager she plays in every single movie actually makes sense.

Pretty good actually.

Is this the movie where a kid got locked in a tinfoil or metal cage?

It's been about 11 years. Any attempt at anything other than an indirect sequel would fall flat.
Make the main character a dad and start over with his kid going to Sky High.

>It's an MC has generic strength and flight powers movie

I remember hating how fake and quirky it was back in middle school. I remember turning it off when i saw her bedroom telephone was a fucking banana

it was a burger

Remember the movie Zoom?
I felt that should have had another movie too.

This. RLM memers are still so mad they didn't like a highly acclaimed film that over two years later they still spam the moment of validation they got from their pleb God's instead of trying to actually understand anything about the movie

Glad someone already posted the right answer.

Allright, allright.

If you had tits you'd be selling a script by now

Daily reminder that a literal whore wrote the script for this film

As a 90s kid, this film struck the biggest cord in me. Everything was so relatable; to the family split up, to the gameboy, he even had the same fucking bed sheets.

Fuck me...

Cant quite come to terms with the ending though

uuh... spoilers?

>I watch for the plot

you deserve to be spoiled you fucking pleb

>you deserve to be spoiled
aww, thanks!

nice spoilers butthead

What's a coming of age movie? Just any movie where the main character/s are teenagers?

Blue is the warmest color

>people itt enjoying the films of Wes Anderson

you know that Sup Forums is populated by plebs now, irght?

considering I don't really like either of the lead actors, the fact I liked this movie was pretty impressive

Ryan Reynolds and Martin Starr where great in it though.

>you can't dislike Juno or you're edgy

Ryan Reynolds is always good

Juno
Restless
The Descendants
Rushmore
Perks of Being a Wallflower
500 Days of Summer
Garden State
Superbad
Ted
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Silver Linings Playbook
Easy A
Stuck in Love
The Art of Getting By
50/50
Crazy Stupid Love
Little Miss Sunshine (weird)
Up In The Air
Thank You for Smoking
Moneyball
Lost in Translation
The Hangover
21 Jump Street
22 Jump Street
Adventureland
Anything by Gus Van Sant
Good Will Hunting
Elephant
The Proposal (shit)
Her
Ruby Sparks
It's Kind Of A Funny Story
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
The Kings Of Summer
The Way Way Back
The First Time
Laggies
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Shawn Of The Dead
Hot Fuzz
The Big Year
The King's Speech
Wedding Crashers
Ashby
Me and Earl And The Dying Girl

usually, though in some ways i'd say a movie like waiting could be a coming of age movie and only a couple of the characters were teens

Plebs

>Moonrise Kingdom is, by a wide margin, the worst film he's made.
False
>It's the epitome of style and self-indulgence over story. It's just two hours of watching Wes Anderson masturbate.
Isn't this evey Wes Anderson movie? Or at least every one of his movies in the last 10 years?

Hot Fuzz?

I hate Juno because it could have been a solid short film, but instead we got to sit through 96 minutes of Diablo Cody's in your face references.

And it has nothing to do with being a chick flick, Clueless was fucking fantastic.

>that fugazi t-shirt
the little details, man

I'll add:
Empire of the Sun
Boyz n the Hood
A Boy and his Dog
The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys (mostly because of the soundtrack)

More than half of these aren't coming of age movies

No. His last ten years have been his most creative