Why the technology in this show is so magical...

Why the technology in this show is so magical? My father is watching this because he thought it would be good like GoT (I hate GoT and I even talked to him to not watch True Detective S2 but he watched and saw how bad it was).

I have watched a bit here and there but something that is absolutely off from this show is how the technology work, the robots don't have any mechanisms or something that make them feel like cyborgs, I was watching a scene of the last episode where a blonde guy just put a screwdriver into a woman's robot nose but I didn't have any sense.

I can't possibly understand how the tech work and why in such advanced age of technology people dress with 90s fashion or smoke cigarretes, the actual work place of Ford and cia looks I don't straight from a Harry Potter movie, everthing feels so magical and not technological.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did your dad burn your tendies?

>90s fashion or smoke cigarretes
Can't say much about the fashion, but the smoke cigarettes since all diseases are cured. Cancer is not a big deal

The whole point of the fucking show is that the robots are indistinguishable from humans. You literally have autism.

🤠W 🤠E 🤠S 🤠T 🤠W 🤠O 🤠 R🤠 L🤠 D🤠

Your English is terrible. Please stop posting.

welcome to cyberpunk
it's all pseudoscience crap
>oh, plug this usb and upload the wetware through AI pipeline

we need biopunk to save us from /r/futurology

are you japanese or french?

your english is really off, I don't even understand what you're asking.

>Ford and cia

you think this is a spy show or something?

He's talking about the angry brit guy, he bears a slight resemblance to Aiden Gillen

>Why the technology in this show is so magical?
*Why is the technology in this show so magical?

>the actual work place of Ford and cia looks I don't straight from a Harry Potter movie

even with that information this sentence is still worse than a chinese restaurant menu translation

>pipeline
I love you, brother.

No argument here.

>he thought it would be good like GoT (I hate GoT and I even talked to him to not watch True Detective S2 but he watched and saw how bad it was)

wat

Anyone else getting a really strong autism vibe from OP?

>Its an ESL NEET spergs out episode

Good shit

nah I think he's just from like spain or something

I never noticed the Jesus reference in this poster before now

what did he mean by this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man

It's true that the technology doesn't make much sense. It reminds me a bit of "robots" from BSG.
(To the point of having a blood transfusion, yeah that is so believable.)
I guess most people don't understand how ridiculous that is or just don't care, probably both.
Shows aren't made for science nerds.

Jeffrey Wright played Felix Leiter in a couple of bond movies.

>Why the technology in this show is so magical?

But it isn't magical. It is merely your lack of science that limits your imagination to fill in the gaps.

>I can't possibly understand how the tech work and why in such advanced age of technology people dress with 90s fashion or smoke cigarretes,

They've cured all diseases including cigarette related diseases.
It's not uncommon to depict the future to recent fashion, which tend to repeat itself periodically over the centuries.

>I have watched a bit here and there but something that is absolutely off from this show is how the technology work, the robots don't have any mechanisms or something that make them feel like cyborgs, I was watching a scene of the last episode where a blonde guy just put a screwdriver into a woman's robot nose but I didn't have any sense.

There seems to be a mixture of different technologies some which seem more mechanical, while others similar to a cybernetic lifeforms that mimics real humans. Since their skin is a substance that contains sweat glands it is not impossible to imagine the kind of wet components similar to humans needed to sustain it. The hosts appear to have realistic artificial tendons, and muscles that move just like humans.

Ultimately it is fiction, and in doing so obviously it requires some imagination to fill in the gaps that our technology hasn't managed to pull off.

up

That's not Jesus....

they're literally synthetic humans with robot brains, they gave the whore a 'lobotomy' in the style of how a lobotomy would actually have been performed if she was human

basically they're trying to humanize the robots making you care about them and thinning the line between what is human and what is not. if they were all mechanical from the inside it would be much easier to brush them aside as robots who you shouldnt care about

he and his father are plebs

They're basically artificial people. We're at a time now where clunky robot people like in the movie would be cartoonish and comical.

I've no problem with the way the hosts are depicted, I think it's pretty great. I'm more bothered by how the guns and bullets work. There's obviously some kind of safeguard so they don't put holes in people, but then there's scenes like in the latest episode where they shot up a train carriage with a gatling gun. How the fuck does that work? Up until then I would have assumed it was the gun determining whether it was shooting at a host or a guest, but in that scenario where they're shooting at people through a wall, it has to be the bullet itself making that distinction. And then there's the weird issue with the pyrotechnics, and the fact that knives or heavy objects used as weapons can't exactly be made safe...