All this lil peep stuff makes me wonder: What do you guys think of artists who are aimed at children who are very...

All this lil peep stuff makes me wonder: What do you guys think of artists who are aimed at children who are very obnoxious about how much drugs they use? I mean the full on glorification of it or just promoting themselves with various drugs visible. Artists who mainly cater to little kids like Lil Peep (very overt about his drug use) or The 1975 (less overt about their drug use, but still try to frame cigarettes and cocaine as being awesome).
Do they have some kind of responsibility to the children they entertain?

>Do they have some kind of responsibility to the children they entertain?

Yes, these idiots are a shame

no they dont have responsibility.
but kids these days are fucking stupid. and social media doesnt help.

No, why should an artist be care if his music is going to the wrong hands. It's a parents job to make sure their child is experiencing appropriate media.

Besides, a "troubled youth" will do drugs regardless of whether Lil Peep or Future told them Xanax is cool.

Idiots gonna idiot, but these guys help them. Peep was a plant by the way.

This

No, its the parents responsibility to raise their own kids.
Unfortunately alot of these parents are on just as much meds as Peep

no
i've been listening to fucking gangsta rap since i was fuckin 9 and the most i tried was fucking weed which made me paranoid AF. kids who abuse drugs because of an artist were already to doing it anyway.

i like how ppl seem to make an excuse that anything negatively said in music is an excuse for ppl to forget their morals. but a musician who talks about positive things in life seem to get ignored.

Dying young is cool bro, what do you mean?

>Get cake, Die young tattoo on his forehead
>Mentions dying young in his songs like 40 times

>Not wanting to be a part of the 27 club

This is why Christ Jesus descended to Earth to kill Peep

>Wanting to be part ofit

Faggot thats trash

21 is the new 27

Darwin nigga. If those kids end up taking drugs and dying from it, it's only natural selection

No, they don't. Kids should learn from their parents to not be retarded.

They're all talentless hacks with the exception of Jimi Hendrix and Chris Bell

>Chris Bell
rec me his stuff pls

>responsible for children's behaviour
>is 20 years old himself

Look Buddy, and I'm in the same boat as a drug user. We know drugs are bad. We know we may die or suffer serious health consequences. But if we're gonna do drugs, which by all means, we are, we've opened pandora's box with that shit, 'recovery' is possible but unlikely, and certainly unwanted, we want to enjoy the good sides of drug use while completely ignoring the side effects of drugs.

>Brian Jones
>Janis Joplin
>Jim Morrison
>talentless
Kys moron

>Peep was a plant by the way.
this

Ever heard of big star you fucking faggot?

I find this pic terrifying

It reminds me of Under The Skin, when the guy is actually conscious while in the process of dying

The fact that a "friend" would post this on the interwebs without noticing that his friend is just dead. Somehow, I think the soul of the person who provided us this picture is completely doomed, rightfully

With pic

not in favor of limiting an artist's right to expression, but it's also deeply naive to pretend that these guys don't influence kids. is correct that it is a parents duty to adequately parent, but there are plenty of shitty parents out there whose lack of guidance forces their children to look elsewhere, sometimes to drug-guzzling p4k darlings. ultimately, making this about the artists, even if they do promote irresponsible behavior, is attacking the symptom rather than the cause.

Yeah there's something particularly off putting about this pic.

yeah they really do almost make life look like this game where one of the goals is climb the leaderboard of "who can do the most drugs" and all of druggie artists are at the top. Its pretty fucking nuts in the big picture.

>All this lil peep stuff makes me wonder: What do you guys think of artists who are aimed at children who are very obnoxious

Remember that guy who posted Kevin Spacey in threads he didn't like?

I think there's a level of authenticity about Lil Peep, with his homages to the early-00's emo that feels personal and stated, even if I don't like his music or his message.
On the other hand, someone like Lil Pump is so obviously the result of a think tank figuring out how to generate profit off of Soundcloud buzz amidst a failing radio marketplace. If that one's slipping by you, you're literally a ~85 IQ retard.
Pic sorta related is the result of a think tank figuring out how to generate profit off of radio plays amidst a failing radio marketplace.

2018 will be the year everyone will have had it with the hip-hop format.

>2018 will be the year everyone will have had it with the hip-hop format.
I hope so.

During the golden age of gangsta rap, were older people intimidated by it? That's the narrative that's generally expressed. However, these days it seems like middle aged people and older (parents among them) are, when they encounter it, not intimidated by modern hip hop, but laugh at it. Everyone who's not a 13 year old fan seems to mock contemporary rap, with soundcloud rap being particularly laughable.

remember that guy who downloaded an album that turned out to be hundreds of pictures of kevin spacey

>big black ghetto dudes vs skinny white pill-popping suburban teens

>and they blame it on Marylin, or the heroin
>but where were the parents at

Im gonna start rapping about drugs and if you dumb kids start dying like flies i'll laugh

You're ~2 years too late.

This

PREACH DADDY PREACH! AMEN!

this

He's so blue. Rest in peace.

dabedi dabeda