Was this the most satisfying death in all of cinema? I wasn't sad, I wasn't shocked, I wasn't happy...

Was this the most satisfying death in all of cinema? I wasn't sad, I wasn't shocked, I wasn't happy, I was just sufficiently satisfied and thought it was a fitting death for him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nU2URFx1ktU
youtube.com/watch?v=kq7DDk8eLs8
youtu.be/kq7DDk8eLs8
youtube.com/watch?v=aAymSMrOlOQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boromir is better

How does a 90 lb hobbit sink into lava?

Pressure is force per unit area friendo, he was very thin

Because he can't swim.

It was a better death scene yeah.

it melted him like that guy in yellowstone

DAILY REMINDER THAT YOU CAN'T DROWN IN LAVA

LIQUID ROCK IS STILL HARD AS A ROCK

YOU'D JUST FALL ON IT AND CATCH FIRE

HOLLYWOOD CAN'T INTO SCIENCE

"the burden of the ring is heavy"
-Gandalf

Could someone explain the whole 'god pushed him in' thing?

some people believe in an omnipotent omniscient being that watches over our lives to see if we adhere to this arbitrary set of rules he imposed on us

What would have happened to Gollum if Frodo had just thrown the ring in the lava, instead of trying to take it?

he would probably dive right after it, he was too far gone

>I do not think that Frodo's was a moral failure. At the last moment the pressure of the Ring would reach its maximum – impossible, I should have said, for any one to resist, certainly after long possession, months of increasing torment, and when starved and exhausted. Frodo had done what he could and spent himself completely (as an instrument of Providence) and had produced a situation in which the object of his quest could be achieved. His humility (with which he began) and his sufferings were justly rewarded by the highest honour; and his exercise of patience and mercy towards Gollum gained him Mercy: his failure was redressed.

I like the death of the T-1000 better.

it's magic dont have to explain shit

Magic lava, idiot.
Fuck sake.

>I wasn't shocked

well, of course you wouldn't be. you HAVE read the books. right, user?

I read the books, and I was shocked that Hackson completely missed the point of the scene by having Frodo struggle with Gollum after being bitten. Weren't you?

lava would make you explode

After he was bitten, I don't think he struggled.

Actually...

the heat evaporizes all of the liquid in your body, which is almost all of your body, and you sort of explode.

So you haven't even seen the movie? Why are you in this thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=nU2URFx1ktU

I watched and read.

Hm...My memory was that he was invisible, bit the finger and fell off Frodo.

Weird to see them struggle after Frodo becomes visible. I totally blocked that from memory I guess.
Or is it that meme "mandela effect"? :^)

>LIQUID ROCK IS STILL HARD AS A ROCK

If im not mistaken, the book implies that the One Ring pushed Gollum by itself because it was sick of his shit.

There is one part on which Gollum tries to grab it and the Ring speaks for the first time, something along to "Dare to touch me again and ill throw you to Mount Doom!" or something like that.

One Ring is a qt girl hating on her ugly beta orbiter.

Requesting video proof

I think Tolkein overcomplicated things like making the Witch-king thing an ACTUAL prophesy, when in the book, it wasn't and seemed less silly.
No doubt someone will be offended, but some things just were silly.

Eru forces him to teeter on the edge and into the lava.

Is it the ring saying that or Sauron through the ring? Also if it pushed him into Mount Doom, did it intend to go with him?

>Makes you invisible but not really invisible

That's it? That's what all the fuss is about? You got Gandalf shooting fireballs and light and people are killing each other over something Harry Potter uses to steal shit?

Bait

it amplifies desire. Hobbits want to be left alone to their own devices: invisible. Elves and men want power, so it makes them stronger, etc.

>First, let’s get the lingo down. Magma is molten rock beneath the earth’s surface. Lava is magma that’s come above the surface, usually through volcanic eruption. If you fall into a volcano, it’s magma that’s your problem. Most of us probably think of lava in the sense of lava flows, but you could also fall into a lava lake, which is lava that pools in a vent, crater or a depression on certain types of volcano. For our purposes here, magma and lava are both bad news.

Magma and lava are molten rock, but they don’t behave exactly like other liquids. First, they’re very dense—two to three times as much as water and the human body. Because of that density difference, a body thrown into a volcano, whether it belongs to Gollum or a sacrificial virgin, is going to float. What’s more, both magma and lava can be thousands to millions of times more viscous than water, and won’t deform as much or as fast when you hit it and allow you to sink.

So, generally, the nature of lava/magma makes it unlikely that you’ll sink. With the right body, the right lava/magma and the right fall, though, there’s no guarantee. In the video below, volcano researcher Richard Roscoe tosses a ~65-pound box of trash ~260 feet into a lava lake, where it penetrates the lava’s crust and appears to sink.

I believe it was the Ring because at the moment Frodo sees a circle of fire and not just an Eye. I might try to find the part again, give me a sec.

>If you don’t sink, though, burning to death isn’t necessarily the only other option (and if you did sink, you probably wouldn’t drown so much as quickly burn your lungs to nothing). It isn’t really an either/or question. You might burst into flames and burn when you hit the lava/magma’s surface (depending on the type, lava’s temperature ranges from approximately 1,200 to 2,200 degrees). You might also burn before you hit the lava/magma due to the radiant heat. Or you could asphyxiate or char your lungs due to the hot air and gases above the surface of the lake. (Of course, you can get pretty close to lava on the surface without burning, but the inside of a volcano is an enclosed space, so the heat can’t dissipate as much. The radiant heat is potentially much higher here.) There’s also the possibility of hitting a super dense substance at a high speed and simply breaking your neck or cracking your skull open. This is, unfortunately, one of those questions you can’t answer with much more than hypotheticals because testing those ideas would be very difficult—and insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=kq7DDk8eLs8

Ill give a very rough translation because i have the book in my language.

>Gollum tries to take the Ring from Frodo (this happens after the Shelob betray and while Frodo and Sam are heading for Mount Doom)
>Then Sam sees Gollum in front of Frodo, Gollum as a darkened, destroyed figure, and Frodo as a merciless white thing with a wheel of fire on his chest. The wheel of fire begins to talk.
>"Go away! Do not torment me anymore! If you touch me again, you will also be thrown to the Fires of Destiny!"

Ok so reading it again, it looks more like if the Ring knew that Gollum grabbing him would be the doom of the two.

youtu.be/kq7DDk8eLs8

THIS FUCK THAT BITCH

Shit, that's insane. And weird.

More satisfying? Hardly, Boromir was based but he was just taken over by his desire for the ring and the power he percived it to be able to give him and it was a good death scen b ut it was not satisfying though. Seeing that disgusting little Golem burn up was top teir satisfaction.

lotr is faggot shit for white cucks

It was written by soldier from WW2, so neither is possible.

>2

nigga Tolkien came out of 1, which for the infantry was a lot more shitty (both literally and figuratively)

yea you explode.

Fuck, I even MEANT 1.

daily reminder that this is a theory and no scientist has actually ever thrown bodies in lava to check

They threw pig meat in.

I'd imagine the structure of a human body and the variable of someone being alive changes things, whereas throwing corpses into a volcano is going to have the issue of clogged, dried-up blood, less stomach and bladder content, etc.

See

a bag imitating a human body is not a human body

This is a horrible way to go. Gollum didn't deserve this desu

Why don't you throw yourself and film it then?

and now you see why nobody really knows.

a living body has saliva, sweat, fresh liquid blood pumping, is a much higher temperature, etc. There are a shit load of variables. lrn2science and understand why actual scientists still consider it a theory

master lorefag here, ask me anything

youtube.com/watch?v=aAymSMrOlOQ

You could sink a certain kinds of lava. Remember that pumice floats.

tell me about them horrid creatures beneath Moria that Gandalf and the Balrog almost encounter

and creatures out at sea

why didn't Sauron just ride the eagles away from that dog that fucked his shit up?

How many kids did Sam have?
What do you do on the islands that people go to?
Dumbest dwarf ever?

The whole point of the experiment was to show that all the liquids in the body would violently boil upon contact with lava instead of just sinking. Throwing meat and other organic materials that also contain lots of water is a fair comparison in my opinion.

but that video clearly showed both an evaporation affect and some sinking

There are things in the world that were not placed their by Eru. They were either there already, or came from outside. Ungoliant is an example of this.

sam had like a shitton of children, like over 10 im pretty sure. you can probably do whatever the fuck you want in valinor. hang out with some ancient as fuck elves and learn about the vala and shit.

the dumbest dwarf of all time is probably balin, but shoutouts to thorin's dad too

This is better than Eagleposting

this probably. In the book he just gets it and dances around manically until he slips and falls in.