Post your last 5 ratings on RYM

and don't forget to discuss our music tastes to make the thread interesting and more inviting

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~YoonHyun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've never even heard of this stuff

yeah it's really good

444th rating
hurray..

I've only listened to 2 new things since the last time we had this thread.
Still need to listen to the new king gizz.
How does it stack up to their other stuff?
Only heard FMB and NI, both of which I really enjoy.
I have a feeling we wouldn't get along.
If you're feeling sinister is a 9/10 for me and an absolute classic.

I found Secret Treaties boring though with only a few stand out tracks (Think I gave it either a high 3 or low 3.5/5 score)

Forgot the image like a retard

Idk

Love In Sides. It's so colorful and unpredictable
Godflesh is way ppast their prime. Polygon is the best one of theirs to drop this year imo
Abagail's their best no doubt

I gave the same score to daydream nation, heavily overrated IMO.

I only gave a 4 to Like Clockwork but I can respect that rating if it has that extra special thing for you.

Took a look at your account.

I largely agree with most of your ratings except Loveless (which is a 3/5 at best i m o), and Black Foliage (which is at least a 4/5)

To be fair, I never gave Black Foliage a second chance. Some of these ratings are just me listening to an album once and then discarding it.

I mostly just rate albums based on how many weak songs they have, Like Clockwork has highs and lows but even the lows are pretty good hence the 5.

My tastes are pretty entry-level anyway, I'm a sucker for quasi-conventional pop songs

have yet to listen to Polygon but I just discovered King Gizz and have been listening to Mind Fuzz and Nonagon Infinity a lot recently

Belle and Sebestian sounds like a mediocre ripoff of Donovan and Morissey with boring monotonous vocals to me. I don't get what's so special
>tame impala 4
>kid fucking kudi 4.5
Yeah we definitely wouldn't get along

>B&S 2 star

Patrician taste. I don't get their appeal at all
Interesting that you have MOTM 4.5. I like a lot of songs on that but imo still a lot of filler
Yoshimi is god tier. You break my heart tho with that DDN 2.5

posting six cause I didn't rate the steve hackett album

I'd say daydream nation is a better than that, doolittle sucks so I agree with that

Yoshimi has amazing songs and some I care less for. I've tried Daydream Nation a couple of times, no song really made a lasting impression on me but I didn't dislike it either. I've been wanting to try more Sonic Youth but haven't done so yet

I just don't "get" the Pixies, I can't help it. I'd rate your ratings but I've never listened to those albums

Black Foliage is worth a re-listen, the first time I heard it I thought it was average or so at best. But the hooks are really good and well written, and if you actually pay attention during the "experimental" pieces, they're actually quite interesting.

Different strokes for different folks though.
B&E is better then either of the two artists you listed. Morissey is extremely overrated.
Their lyrics combined with the warmth and production of the music is what makes it so great for me.
As for TI.
Currents is in my top 5 albums.
The first 2 songs on MOTM are good, the following 4-5 songs are below average, wasn't really feeling it. But Day'n'Nite onward to the end is incredible. I was completely taken by surprise by how much I enjoyed them.

Black Foliage was okay when I listened to it, which means I would probably like it if I gave it another shot. Usually happens if I don't instantly hate something, I'll give it another listen someday

Ya the second half is way better than the first. It's a mixed bag really. I actually prefer the second one overall
It'll probably grow on you. I think it's a beautiful record, and it gets really catchy with more listens
Try EVOL and Goo. Both are also great

Fag

Thanks I'll try those sometime soon

What's your problem

Still need to check out the Gainsbourg album. I fucking love Angel Olsen but that b side compilation was nothing special for me

I haven't been listening to music much lately

rateyourmusic.com/~YoonHyun

You will turn into the biggest Dad
Remembers his runescape password and wishes real rock would come back
In highschool
Listens to low fi anime beats live streams on YouTube
Browses Sup Forums and is brown
Gay or a girl

That me :^o

>in highschool

Nope, turn 21 in less than a month.

Only heard Illinois from your chart.
I found it overrated as well, but I gave it a 3.5 myself.

The wasp of the Palisades is an amazing song however, standout track.

Love me some Cal Tjader. Lounge is way underrated. Illinois's much better than Michigan tho
>the biggest dad

Interesting, what brought you to that conclusion?

>lofi anime
I needed this laugh, thanks.

I'd give Emancipation of Mimi a 3.

>any Ty Dolla 4 stars

KC and the sunsine band are underrated though

never liked Belle, cheers.
bleh
lmao
interesting

>browses Sup Forums and is brown
does it count if I'm a half-turk american that goes on Sup Forums occasionally

hello boys