Why is literally nobody excited for this movie?

why is literally nobody excited for this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-is-a-political-allegory-tease-writers-946638
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because you would be crying to the mods about how it gets shilled all the time.

Asshole.

Because there was just a Star Wars last year

It's not a main installment

It's an Episode IV prequel so we already know what happens

Nobody cares about actors in it (western audiences don't care about Donnie Yen, before you say anything. He'll be wasted anyway)

Much less advertising that Episode VII

The fact that it plays in the past and has no connection to episode 7. There's just no emotional investment whatsoever. Nothing that happens in this movie matters, we already know how everything works out in the end.

Doing a prequel to your story is fine and all, but not AFTER you already did 3 prequels and just recently rebooted your franchize with a new story. This movie just feels pointless, like it has no reason to exist.

>like it has no reason to exist.

> that's correct!
> Impact of 'the pleb awakens' on the StarWars Franchise!
> I'll have: "Water, Wet" for 800!

Because the main character looks like she had a job as an extra on the strain

Nobody on this board vets excited for movies anymore because they're nihilist cucks.

In a way you are right. But also, casual moviegoers have no idea about those things. My friend who loves sf asked me something like "where is Rey" when he saw the trailer.
So people will see Star Wars and they will go see it. Also when december begins, I belive marketing will itensify

Le epic cuck meme !

>Not excited for a Disney-purchased, market-researched franchise sequel
>Must be nihilist cucks

I think it will be an excellent movie which really makes you think about what a white capitalist patriarchy we live in (the Empire) and how a diverse group of women and people of colour (the Rebels) bravely fight against them to restore (social) justice.

look how fat and ugly her cheeks are
look how far her mouth protrudes compared to her eyes
total peanut head

Trump won. No time for libcuck movies.

Because early reports of the movie were talking about how Disney did a producer hackjob on it and removing anything too dark or interesting.

I'm really excited because Rogue One will crash white supremacists and Drumpf.

fuck sjw wars. keep your racist identity politics out of a beloved franchise.

please tell me that image isn't real

I won't be excited unless I hear about a Kyle Katarn cameo

Named slightly different of course

Because it looks like hot garbage....

No Bibble, No Hype, No Buy

>Nobody on this board vets excited for movies anymore because they're...

....90% shit.

Because Disney's gonna churn out a new SW movie each and every single fucking year until they've made everyone absolutely sick of it.

And after last year's Star Wars apples and women's makeup I am already sick of the over-saturation.

Plus throw in lost of TV commercials where marketers give the same message of "STAR WARS: NOT FOR WHITE BOYS ANY MORE," and I'm just done.

>implying Sup Forums gets excited about anything except shaneposting

everyone here thinks their opinion is too meta to be able to enjoy anything except maybe universally agreed upon "classics"

I bet neogaf can't wait.

>Star Wars Holiday Special
>Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
>Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

gee, i wonder if it will live up to the hype

I hope pic related is in the next Star Wars. She'd be perfect for their current hiring requirements.

It won't be good
It won't be bad
It will be adequate
Nobody gets excited for adequacy

a female hutt?

This movie isn't popular because of the white supremacists.

>womyn and minorities vs cis white men: the movie, the experience

Ban gon wan she co cah!

>Star Wars without light sabers
What were they thinking?

Couldn't care less about diversity One
>Chris Weitz tweeted the following Friday morning: "Please note that the Empire is a white supremacist (human) organization." Gary Whitta, the original writer on the project, responded in kind, tweeting: "Opposed by a multi-cultural group led by brave women."
>hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-is-a-political-allegory-tease-writers-946638

>literally nobody

So you think you're everybody now that you can speak for them all as a collective whole? That's cute.

Fuck off.

why is it always balding white men on the forefront of far left politics?

Will it break a billion?

Sure, most of Disney's high end capeshit does.
And it doesn't have any competition in Christmas season.

>Vietnam in Sp- on planets that look exactly like Earth
>Plot is retarded and unnecessary
>Ethnically diverse cast of Earth humans instead of alien life forms
>Mininukes that destroy Walker legs that I guess they forgot to pack on Hoth
>Disney is pure evil

Just a few off the top of my head. It looks just as boring as every other blockbuster.

>the fucking retard actually believes his kind will survive the afro-Islamic takeover of the west

>he doesn't realize his kind will be the first executed by the 3rd-world hordes

Stay retarded. No white hetero conservatives = all jews, faggots, dick-girls, and other degenerates are dead and executed by the 3rd world savages.

This thinking is why they fail. All of these non-white bigots ae so stuck up on themselves that they refuse to realize that diversity in a SW sense is completely different than in an earthly human sense, and SW ALREADY HAD IT but now it doesn't thanks to it now being totally human-centric due to allt he whiny-assed shitskins wanting the SW-verse to be sacrificed for their feelings (and incompetencies to come up with their own shit).

Oh yeah call people names and engage in social bullying to get people to financially support culturally-bankrupt women and non-whites too stupid to create their own shit like this.

That worked out great for you with Ghostbusters, Fantastic Four, Annie, and other shit, right?

It's not the first one in a decade.

The thought of passionate creators excited people until they realized the creators are pandering to a crowd that never liked Star Wars in the first place.

The writers are outspoken idiots.

The first one wasn't good.

Rey

Shut up. Felicity a cute. Rogue One has potential, but I'll reserve further judgement until I've seen it.

>be a boy growing up in the U.S.
>get yelled at for playing too rough with girls and making them cry in elementary school
>get forced to play sports with girls in gym classes despite the fact the boys dominated everything
>get forced to work with females in the military despite the fact that males dominate everything
>Hollywood gets taken over by liberals and tries to turn females into action stars

Did the people making movies not grow up with females or some shit?

they were bullied by the same boys you're talking about, and found their safe space among women

Right...but that still doesn't explain why they'd think anyone would think females are some kind of badass compared to men.

It's not like they saw those girls in school do anything other than get dominated by even the lower tier dudes, let alone the real studs...

Because the very first sequel to RotJ was released last year. People are more interested in Episode 8 than another prequel.

Is she a heeb? She looks like she's about 38, not exactly the feminist-empowered teen gurrlpower model Disneyberg was going for usually

It'll make bank because it's Star Wars and Disney Redeemed The Series™ but there won't be hype like there was for Episode VII.

>I rebel
Wonder why

What is there to get excited about? I don't give a shit how they got the Death Star plans or about this girl's life. This and that Han Solo prequel aren't stories that I have any vested interest in. Star Wars is always explaining shit that doesn't need to be explained. We don't need an hour and forty minutes about how they got those fucking plans.

>NuMales like this run entertainment media.

im only excited for this

>SJW as fuck, which has no place in modern times
>Hack MUH FEELINGS writers who can't even get basic lore right
>Script edited to include jedi and remove dark shit (besides the actors)

I'll pass after the dissapointment that was 7. There's two kinds of Star Wars: Lucas SW and Disney S-J-W.

>has no reason to exist
>has a much more interesting backstory and more expansive lore than episode 7 a new hope
go watch some capeshit dumbfuck

Because the creators went full SJW.

Watch as he ends up with only 4 minutes of screen time because he's an evil white man.

Because all the Star Wars nerds shot their wad all over Force Awakens already so this doesn't have the "OMG EPISODE 1" nostalgia hype. I mean I love the original Star Wars trilogy, but those people at the "STAR WARS CELEBRATION" made me physically ill. Plus in all honestly everyone deep down knows that JJ Abrams just remade A New Hope with better SFX and a bunch of Disney SJW shit crammed in. This movie will just be all the unused ideas from Force Awakens with another healthy dose of SJW propaganda. Pardon me if I'm not that interested.

>better SFX
debatable

why do they keep picking butt-ugly jewesses to lead these films if they just want to make money?

I don't get why people get up in arms about this stuff. For you, seeing a character go by "zhe" and "zher" can be shrugged off. You can think it's weird, but it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the book.

For someone who actually goes by those pronouns though, it means the world to see some representation in the biggest scifi universe there is.

He should have been in Episode 8 instead.

It fits in Star Trek.
Star Wars has never been about Sex, or mundane real life stuff.
So love, yes.
Sex, no.

Because those pronouns don't fucking exist, and it's stupid to imply that they do.

Reading "She picks up the pen." is a lot better than "Zh-aeltyys'dfnen picks up the pen." Get out of here with your shitty bait.

because it looks like the 3rd remake of Star Wars

>it doesn't effect your enjoyment of the book
>when you are clearly seeing a real life, social agenda pushed right infront of your eyes, ripping you out of the immersion the fiction is supposed to create with something that was not borne from creativity, but from attempting to pander to an audience so hard it lacks any form of subtlety whatsoever

Man, trannies are fucking stupid.

>proud white nationalist
Why is that a bad thing? I've never understood.

"i wonder how Leia got the plans to the death star" - said no one ever

I didn't believe the screenshot so I googled the book and pronouns. What I posted was literally the top post on Reddit

fag

>Reddit

Because it looks forgettable. Not good, not bad just not worth of anything.

The SW universe is really vast but it seems movies are content with just revolving about the same fucking formula over and over and over.

A movie about the great sith empire, the old republic, the jedi crusade or pretty much whatever that doesn't have a death star and the sky walkers at it's center would be better than this.

You know what would interesting? An alien protagonist, the cgi or make-up might be a huge bitch to put up with for a whole film but it would at least be something unique. Perhaps a Twi'lek main character.

>another female lead

because the empire is Nazis!

How can you make a childrens movie and sell toys based on nazis!??!

oi vey that's so anti semetic

I was until they made it about politics

white supremacists my ass, not giving them a single dolar

Star Wars has always been gay as fuck and is now infested with literal SJW fags. Big surprise no one is excited.

>but it would at least be something unique

Keep dreaming. You'd have to kill the entire Disney board before something like that happened.

What about a movie that takes place long after the events of Episodes 7/8/9? Like hundreds of years later? No nostalgia, no callbacks, no X-Wings or TIE Fighters, no Luke, no Empire/First Order. A film with completely new technology, characters, and alien species?

Walt Disney is still kept in some cryogenic crypt somewhere.
I wish someone could resurrect him and unleash him on those clowns.

Because we already saw what Disney will churn out now that they have the Star Wars brand to slap onto any piece of shit, soulless movie they make

Feminism, affirmative action, no creativity, lore disrespecting garbage

This is why the tcw show was so good
Hell even the Rebels show is better than rogue one

looks better than episode 7

I guess people don't give two shits about an adventure story with a star wars skin full of nobodies

If you're a transwoman, why can't y ou just use "she"? Isn't being a woman and using woman bathrooms and female things what you want? Why does there have to be a third gender? Or a fourth?

Why call it Star Wars then?

>I wish someone could resurrect him and unleash him on those clowns.

You think Walt Disney of all people would be against making shekels?

No he just hated kikes.
Probably because he disliked competition.

I'm not at all saying that they should drown out everything that makes Star Wars into Star Wars. Things like the Force and familiar species would still be there, but things like lightsabers and ships would be completely different. I love how they made TFA's TIE fighters and Kylo Ren's lightsaber appear unique with simple things like a new paintjob and a crossguard. But what if they went even further? I guess what I'm saying is, I'd like to see technology advance in Star Wars. Intergalactic travel, for instance, is an interesting idea to play around with.

>until they've made everyone absolutely sick of it

We've been saying the same thing about capeshit for years now, normies literally never get tired of seeing the same shit over and over again

>If you're a transwoman

...you're NOT a woman. You're a man PRETENDING to be a woman.

Period.

They announced it as one thing and went in a wildly different direction.

Both could probably work way better than keep trying to find more stories around Vader or Han Solo.

I mean, a young Han Solo movie is on the horizon too... it's almost painful to even think about that. Yes, character is great, it's also Harrison Ford, just take Elsa advise and LET.IT.GO.

Furthermore while Avatar was not on itself a great movie it proved the technology is available to go the distance.

I would personally like to see something related to the grey jedi and whatnot instead of a pure good vs evil thing. I mean, even some SW games have proven there are good stories out there... they can take SW anywhere, just take it somewhere new.

>Yfw we live in an era in which men go through hormone therapy and plastic surgery and expect people to call them women

Didn't they just kill of Han Solo? Who would want to see a Han Solo prequel?

>we need more diversity!!!!!
>cast white woman as main character again

insulting his core audience

what the fuck

He hated Jews for what they did to him in his early career. He hated the idea of greedy companies. You have to be a little bit greedy to run one but the way Disney runs today is beyond greedy and now they are pushing agendas and own every fucking IP and even some of the media.