Planning to build a tiny home in my parents backyard, what are the drawbacks?

Planning to build a tiny home in my parents backyard, what are the drawbacks?

> 28
> Living on disability

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cXOZLskXCog
nytimes.com/2017/10/06/realestate/where-can-you-park-a-tiny-home.html
athome.co.jp/kodate/1097731603/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Going to cost more than you think

Interesting. Got anymore pics of small houses like that? Imagine if there were communities like this, even with gated security, guards, etc.

The tiny home you see in the pic was built by a 13 year old for $1000 so don't tell me its going to cost shit

that's not a ''home'' its a fucking garden shed

also if its a house then you legally need to get building permit for it

If you live there you are retarded

trailer or motor home are less expensive

plus, they are more mobile

>living on disability

>able bodied enough to "build a tiny home"

Fucking parasite.

Attached: 1520540929887.png (500x501, 90K)

Just buy some shitty trailer off of facebook or CL, they pop up around here all the time for 500$.

lol

lol

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=cXOZLskXCog

he did a nice job hiding the garden hose and extension cord he uses for utility hookups.

"Tiny home" to bring home "tiny girls" amirite?

Attached: seatoffering.gif (296x360, 183K)

you may need a permit per local rules

I bought 2 acres of land, and am planning to build my own house too. kinda like a tiny house, but not quite. using shipping containers.

the only drawback, is the red tape you have to go through.
Do your research before you commit too much money.
the permits aren't easy.

You can do it illegally, but if you're caught, you'll be ordered to tear it all down, at your expense.

So building it on wheels is a good idea, because you can get it classed as a mobile home/trailer.

Do your homework.

kek

with permits plumbing and electricity?

Tiny homes are actually more expensive per square foot than normal homes.
A tiny home still has all of the expensive parts of a house that make a home a home, with none of the empty space that brings overall cost per square foot down.

Help

>be me
>gay
>goes to local ska to ng rink with normie friend cause why not
>he starts talking to girls
>a friend of his starts hitting on me
>thot.jpg
>like putting her hand on mine and hugging me
>me to friend "help"
>leaves the rink with friend
>a week later the this ends up messaging me wanting to go out
>says yes to not be mean
>I'm gay and dating a chick
>tfw

Help

Attached: IMG_20180327_203843_638.jpg (612x501, 27K)

depending on where you live you might need to insulate it unless you want to freeze to death

>you'll be ordered to tear it all down
who? the comunist?

read this op. it discusses challenges concerning tiny homes
nytimes.com/2017/10/06/realestate/where-can-you-park-a-tiny-home.html

Attached: 1521842438440m.jpg (576x1024, 66K)

Besides living in a tiny shack?
>3600 square foot housefag here

Or cook to death.
Or really live in any climate where you aren't comfortable sleeping naked outside.

Cities have these things called building codes that obligate you to build something that is actually safe to live in and won't endanger you or your neighbors.
That's why so many tiny homes are built on trailer beds, making them technically not buildings.

You won't have enough room to fit all the pussy you will be gettin'

just buy a tent

they have buttholes too. make it clear thats the only way you gonna fuck. see how it goes, post results.
Maybe throw in some talk about breast reduction and how much you love short hair.
and strapons.

maybe that'll get the message across.

Jaj

>ities have these things called building codes
and the private property?

Even fucking faggots get more pussy than me REEEEEEE!!!

Attached: 1521579496285.gif (528x292, 1.77M)

Private property doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want with it.
You must be underage.

Buy a large garden shed, spray foam insulation and some wood paneling. You'll be unabomber ballin'

Attached: shed 920x920.jpg (920x629, 50K)

hue

urban planner with lots of permitting experience here. this is not at all necessarily true. depends on the jurisdiction. important factors will be square footage, type of foundation, and whether it gets plumbing. most zoning codes have provisions for building a shed without the need to pull a permit which have a maximum square footage, which in many places is reasonably generous for a tiny house.

OP should call the local planning and zoning department and get the skinny.

that depends on your local zoning, actually

Hey that's not a bad fucken' idea. You could throw a window ac unit in that shit and be good.

>Private property doesn't mean you get to do whatever
on the contrary, that means, fucking faggot comunist

Not entirely your property, never has been and never will.
Even if you buy land in the middle of nowhere, you still haven't bought the mining rights for the ground beneath it or the aerial rights for the sky above it.

Nigga he's going to need a certificate of occupancy if he's going to live in it proper. What if he wants to claim homestead status?

it's illegal in the UK unless you get a permit

Underage detected

Who the fuck is going to notice if you build something in your back yard? It's not like the government does a daily driveby of your house to look for additions and shit. If your neighbors rat you out just rape and kill their kids. Ez.

First time things get sexy pull out a blindfold for you and strapon for her. If she's not cool with I then use it as an excuse to break up, if she is then hey, you win.

>Who the fuck is going to notice if you build something in your back yard?
Inspectors.
How do you think your property tax is assessed every year?

Lmao that kid actually bought into that provate property bullshit, thinks he can buy a house, demolish it, and put up a hitler statue probably.

neighbors.
HOA

fuck you. fuck the privacity too? code for fuck my girlfriend too?

Assessors generally do their valuations every 3 or 5 years. But you're correct in concept.

only if you live in the middle of nowhere so that the shit you do on your property doesn't have direct impacts on your community. this is not a difficult concept. even before zoning was deemed constitutional by the supreme court we had nuisance law so that neighborhoods could remain reasonably free of hazards like industrial pollution, etc.

Youre going to need a camper or at least a shed if you don't want the hoa and building inspectors all up your ass

>HOA
Then don't try to build a shack in your millionair parents' mansion bro this ain't Brazil

you are better off getting a shed with $1000

It doesn't really matter if you think private property means you can do whatever you want. When you grow up and acquire private property you'll realize this.

Attached: bobby.jpg (260x160, 27K)

Attached: Lisa_giving_the_%5C-LOSER%5C-_finger.jpg (400x618, 26K)

You can have a mental disability.

You are a mental disability

Just call it a shack.

>code for fuck my girlfriend too?
Yes? It's not like you can fuck her out on the lawn in front of your neighbor's children just because you own the land.

planner here. yea yea that's definitely true. permit it like a shed. DO NOT tell the planning department you're planning on living in it.

we built in our backyard in Austin, TX (a notoriously difficult place to pull permits) what is essentially a really nice detached bedroom/pool house. We built it like a shed, right up to the legal square footage, and it is not on a permanent foundation. it's got electricity but no plumbing, so we use it as a guest house. it's definitely not a self-sufficient house, but you could plumb it later and put in like a composting toilet maybe after final inspections are done. but sewage is the real kicker, if you want it to be a proper house. composting toilet is probably the best way, though kind of a hassle, and you could send gray water into a nice garden, which, again, wouldn't be up to code but you could do it later and the city would never know. and whatever you do, don't be just dumping gray water or, need i even say it, sewage into the ground or some dumb bullshit like that.

These people in Lagos are free enough to build what they want,so move there,prob solved....

Attached: Shanty-Town-Lagos-Nigeria.jpg (1024x576, 324K)

>motor home
Not OP; you mean a camper?

kek

if i were in charge there would be code preventing libertarians from procreating, yes.

>industrial pollution
maybe, but the private property is sacred,
the private property is first with the privacity, etc

He can just shit in his neighbor's lawn late at night and they will think dogs did it. It's the perfect crime.

Check with HOA if no HOA then do what you want. Make sure you can move it. No permit needed applies to 48 of the states

you should instead end your own life

Attached: Van Helsing, Hugh Jackman, Universal Pictures, 2004.jpg (705x1080, 304K)

kys if trips

I demand you to kill yourself

Attached: Tis+a+comfy+thread+_63f32378c787aedebb99f1747bfb5054.png (566x378, 270K)

>private property is sacred
No it's not faggot. You're probably like 16 talking about le ebin gabitaliam. You don't know shit kid. Real private property doesn't exist. Guess what happens if you don't pay taxes on your "private property"?

Don't worry, they don't do that anyway

>the private property is sacred,
It is not. The kind of freedom and immunity you are describing is called sovereignty, and generally you have to be a king or a dictator to have it.

dude go live in a hole in the ground in the desert and clothe yourself with a 'don't tread on me' flag. fucking libertarians. i'll give you some respect when you stop benefiting from all the public goods and infrastructure we collectively build via government. so you can go buy a piece of property somewhere miles from anywhere, dig your own well, don't send family members to school, use the USPS, drive on a road, and, frankly fucking breath or drink water because it is due to regulation of the private sector that we have fucking clean air and water. until you do that, you can just keep quiet. children should be seen and not heard.

problem solved. at that point it's a question for the police and not for the planning department, so i'm fine with it. not my job.

you're awfully proud of being subservient. not saying I'm not, but I at least have some distaste for the whole affair.

and as far as as the infantile public goods falaxy you used, libertarians pay for that shit too and have every right to use it. since they never had a choice in the matter they have every right to complain about it too

>since they never had a choice in the matter they have every right to complain about it too

They have plenty of choice. They choose to remain in society and benefit from the social contract.
They are free to book a flight to Somalia if civilization chafes them so.

complaining about it is one thing. claiming that it's unjust theft is another.

i know libertarians who live way out in the high desert in NM and don't pay taxes and don't use any public services. they're far enough from anything that if they don't blow up a meth lab or kill somebody they are totally left alone. there are still a handful of places like that in the U.S. and i respect that. those people are legit. you are a clown.

You're just gonna hurt her worse if you don't come clean gayanon. Maybe she can peg you or some shit.

>trailer or motor home are less expensive

This: A used camping trailer is FAR cheaper than trying to build a tiny home. The tiny home in OP's pic is click bait on Yahoo News. The kid could have built it for $1,000 if he got everything but paint and screws for free.

I was thinking about putting a tiny house in my backyard for guests, but gave up after conservative estimates were around $10K for what I wanted. I bought a used travel trailer for $800, put another $500 for a minor remodel and air conditioner, and now visitors can have their own little studio apartment without messing up my program.

Look at Craig's List RV and camper section.

Pay attention to local auctions. You can always find lumber and building materials cheaper at an auction. It won't happen over night, but you'll get it done.

If you're living with your parents, why don't you just live in your room... like any normal failure to launch?

Also, does it bother you to know you can buy a house with fiber optic in Japan for low five digits?

>they never had a choice in the matter they have every right to complain about it too

don't be fucking retarded, of course they have a choice dumbass! you libertarians are just too comfy complaining about western civilization while enjoying it's benefits because you know there isn't any other place that will let you do that with such freedom. fucking parasites

>a house with fiber optic in Japan for low five digits?

A "house" in Japan is called a "storage shed" here.

fair enough but it definitely depends. if you can be this productive then it should at least be questioned.

not a bad looking "shed" for $25K

Attached: 25K house.jpg (1029x696, 132K)

You aren't living up to your civic responsibilities and will be penalized (to the extent of seizure(s)). You'll be having one if you don't respect that and you're kicked out in the street - it's then that you'll start to really know the importance of private property.

ya damn unpatriotic lil bitch

>disability
fucking worthless cunt

Attached: slackjawed faggots.jpg (480x360, 6K)

I don't want to live in yugoslavia though

>not a bad looking "shed" for $25K

lmfao, yeah, right.

>In Tokyo Metropolitan Area:

>Existing condominium units’ average prices rose by 3.1% to JPY492,800 (US$4,378) per sq. m. during the year to end-Q1 2017, according to the Land Institute of Japan (LIJ).

"shed" is more than figurative.
Japanese houses are uninsulated and unheated, partly out of tradition from their tropical ancestors but mostly because the governing body that regulates their building codes is a cartel staffed entirely by corrupt former contractors and jobsworths.

Proceed with your plan of living in your back yard and drinking from the garden hose then.

So how is it your property then you dumb lil bitch? You're renting it AT MOST.

athome.co.jp/kodate/1097731603/

2.5 million yen Sup Forumsro
Fiber into the house
$25K USD

Tiny houses are fun
Any problem is solvable.

Carry on

Attached: received_10155341469032896.jpg (2256x4032, 1.19M)

Being part of society means you have certain rights and responsibilities.
You have a right not to get injured by someone's shitty, non-compliant shed. You have a responsibility not to build shitty, non-compliant sheds that injure people.

It's give and take.