There is a census on consensus of athropogenic climate change which shows that on average...

There is a census on consensus of athropogenic climate change which shows that on average, 97% of climate scientists agree that mankind is the main driver behind global warming.

skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-basic.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJIN9sACqmw
andthentheresphysics.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/ecs-1k/
youtube.com/watch?v=OwqIy8Ikv-c
skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-basic.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=pEb49cZYnsE
skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-sunspots-global-warming.htm
skepticalscience.com/climate-models.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=52KLGqDSAjo&list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP&index=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The more someone understands the science behind the case, the less room there is for denial

Non experts like to throw around non arguments like 'volcanoes spew more co2 than mankind', or 'our boreal forests make places like canada carbon negative', but these are invalid arguments.

The reality is that everyone around the world needs to vote for leaders that will address this problem head on, and efficiently, rather than denialists that will further drive mankind into the ground.

Apparently Sup Forums doesn't have anything to say when facts are presented

The only solution is to stop the ones who pollute the most.
Genocide China and India.

Technically Canada pollutes the most, as the best measurement is per capita, with us leafs clocking in at 14000 tonnes per capita annually, the states being just behind us. China only clocks in 6000 roughly, but they just have 'more' emissions because they have a much larger population. North Americans are actually the worst polluters.
It's a global problem, not a nation to nation problem.

It's bullshit

There's still fuck all I can do about it.

Vote for policy makers that will rectify the problem, and spread the word to close the consensus gap in the public's eye, that's what you can do about it.
Nice sources and arguments to back up your well thought out claim

Yes, as you say it's a global problem, each country should take responsibility for his own emissions.
China is number 1 polluter and must be stopped
Europeans are the best ones, they pollute less and less each years, so, not my problem.

China IS working on their emissions, and have pledged to curb emissions before the paris agreement, as well as being part of the paris agreement.
It's still your duty educate the scientifically illiterate part of the populace, because it's literally everyone's problem

By the way, good job pastabro, you should be proud of your country

youtube.com/watch?v=IJIN9sACqmw

Deniers have always had their Trump card.
>Okay
>I don't care
>Let it burn

>1 meteorologist makes shitty paper that overhauls thousands of climate science experts' findings

andthentheresphysics.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/ecs-1k/

I'll trust the scientists who are actually in the field of climate science

Yep, if you exhaust all their 'arguments', it comes down to them admitting that they don't give a shit.

You mean those whose fucking job it is to affirm every baseless assumption regarding man made climate change or else they'd be out there looking for a new job?
Yeah, I trust them alright.

Science isn't a consensus.

CHRIST STOP SELF BUMPING YOUR THREAD ITS LIKE AT THE TOO OF CATALOG NOW

the 97% lies comes again. funny

97% of whom, of how many people... what exactly is a "climate scientist"?

The answer is out of 3000 servery only 77 responded.

Posting biased info graphics isn't proof nor does it follow the scientific method.

Lol you're a moron
But there's a consensus on the science

>climate scientists release papers proving that they need more funding to make more absurd projections so give them more money now or you hate science

That's not scientific at all.
Shouldn't several cities be completely underwater by now based on projections made 10 years ago?

No thanks, I'll keep doing what I want and when I want. Not changing my life for an unproven myth.

those "scientists" are less than a few hundred if that.

youtube.com/watch?v=OwqIy8Ikv-c

You image implies 90% of scientists are climate change scientists.

Absolutely absurd.

90% of scientists just say they agree with it or face pushback.
There is not a single scientific thing about climate change projections based on theories that get proven wrong time after time again.

>skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-basic.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=pEb49cZYnsE

There's not just one census finding that 97% figure, there's 7 studies finding census anywhere from 90% to 100%, depending on how they quantify it.
Nice links to back up your claims by the way

Wrong, see:
>Sea levels are objectively rising
>Arctic ice is measurably depleting
>The last three years have been the hottest on record globally in the last 150 years
>Wildfires are getting bigger and starting earlier, lasting longer
>Coral reefs are bleaching and dying in greater numbers
>More people are dying from over heating every year
But because these occurrences aren't in PERFECT sync with the models, we should ignore them?
If you die from cancer in 10 weeks when your doctor said you should be dead within 8, would you say that he was wrong? Even though your hair is falling out and your muscle has vanished?

It's a fact, you're just uneducated and burying your head in the sand

>He thinks taxing human beings income will somehow convice the Sun to adjust itself to put out a constant invariable flow of radiation that magically has 0 effect on the Earths global climate.

Literal retards, the lot of you climate confirmers. Big Oil shilling for no climate change. Big Eco shilling for climate change. Both stand to make a fuck ton of money.

You have all that bullshit saved on your computer for nothing. Good luck buying all your stuff from a country that doesn't follow environmental regs, negating your climate zealotry completely.

>America is still triggered by being beat by Canadian soldiers
It's like you guys forgot losing wars to third world nations is your specialty.

>Never mentioned anything about taxes
>The sun has somehow magically had no effect on the synchronous rise and fall of temperatures and co2 until the last 150 years, when, coincidentally we started emitting more co2 than the earth naturally does
The sun is actually decreasing in activity and the temperature is still going up, so explain that one.

There was a consensus of the sun circling the earth 600 years ago, see how that turned out.

>Apparently Sup Forums doesn't have anything to say when facts are presented

but i agree with it. there is nothing much to add.

P.S. hate my gov for planning to invest in coal plants. big minus.

And also, I saw someone argue that scientists were lying about big tobacco and how second hand smoke causes cancer, in order for them to make extra money off of the tobacco companies.
You can argue that both sides stand to make a profit off of a topic like this, but you're still fucking wrong.

skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-sunspots-global-warming.htm

Yea, a consensus from religious figures, and the people pushing the raw data got persecuted.
Completely incompatible argument.
Thank you for your input, I agree that there is not much to add when you're on board.
I was just surprised that it took so long for the denialists to crawl out of the woodwork.

>government funded climate scientists agree that the government needs to spend more money on climate science
why did we let real life become Atlas Shrugged?

blue Arctic ocean event will hit the Northern Hemisphere like the fist of a god.

2016 or 2017 tops.

there will be no denial after that.

Because today scientists who don't agree with climate change are not prosecuted. Climate science is pretty much a religion, and it wants to sacrifice our industry to the global warming god.

>studies into scientific agreement

lower sun activity is pushing us into an ice age. Man-made global warming, if true, is a good thing because it will partially balance that out

Fuck solar. We have huge plains and few natural disasters. We need nuclear

they've been saying that for 10 years and every time it doesn't happen they change the date. By the time it actually happens, people will think it's happened 20 times already

But that's fucking wrong, on so many levels.
Do you even pay attention to our own politics?
Do you remember how Stephen Harper muzzled scientists so he could build Canada's economy with the oil sands?
There's not much need for further study on the subject when there's been a consensus for over twenty years, the scientists are just saying that the energy and manufacturing systems need to change or we will be screwed, and Harper kept them quiet so he could continue to make dat black gold dolla.

What you're saying would make more sense if the scientists were saying 'our studies are inconclusive, we need more funding to further understand this', but none of them are saying that.
All of them are saying 'we're fucked if we don't change course'.

Tell me, how are climate scientists going to benefit off of carbon tax that gets allocated into developing renewable energy systems?

Actually, religious figures supported Galileo, with a bishop actually writing a letter to him saying the scriptures could be reinterpreted. The issue is he had no fucking evidence against the scientific figures of his day.

all those leaves jacking eachother off, its disgusting

>Do you remember how Stephen Harper muzzled scientists so he could build Canada's economy with the oil sands?
and every other country kept dumping money down the pit
>There's not much need for further study on the subject when there's been a consensus for over twenty years
there is if every prediction they make is wrong
>the scientists are just saying that the energy and manufacturing systems need to change or we will be screwed, and Harper kept them quiet so he could continue to make dat black gold dolla.
one of the only things he did right in his entire tenure
>What you're saying would make more sense if the scientists were saying 'our studies are inconclusive, we need more funding to further understand this', but none of them are saying that.
All of them are saying 'we're fucked if we don't change course'.
as long as nothing is done, they'll keep getting money dumped on them so they say the controversial thing to keep the money train rolling

>Yes goy....
>...More government control is good for industry...look at healthcare.

>Because today scientists who don't agree with climate change are not prosecuted.
Of course they are, Marc Morano published private email accounts of climate scientists and actively pushed people to hassle them, they've received death threats.

>Climate science is pretty much a religion
>IT'S A RELIGION BECAUSE I SAID SO
You're stupid, educate yourself.

Why not both? I'm all for nuclear from what I've read.

The effects in 100 years from AGW will be harder to fix and prevent than the effects from the next natural ice age in 10 000 years. Learn to prioritize.

>India is a melted puddle and their shoes were melting on the pavement
>Islands in the pacific have literally disappeared from rising sea levels
>The arctic is getting smaller and smaller, no denying this
But we didn't die yet you guys, so everything's a-ok!

You think this is the leaf that always shills for obongo?

>every prediction is wrong but it'll happen eventually I swear

>Canadian "soldiers"

Explain what? That the sun does whatever the fuck it wants and its effect on the earth's global climate can't be quantified, especially with the rudimentary equipment we have in which to do it over such a short timeline (astronomically speaking)? Do you trust sun data from 60 years ago?

Seriously, you'd have to be an megalomaniac to think humans have the ability to stop mother nature.

Knock off the tobacco parallel shit, liberals do the same stuff with the gun control argument....like fuck off talking about cars, we're here to talk guns.

evidence of climate change != evidence of global warming

Out of your 3000 climatologists only 77 climate scientists were chosen to represent the 3000 and that was because of leading prequestions.
Evidence suggests the climate is changing, and that we are putting out co2 but it doesn't show the links between them. The people supporting anti-oil and green agendas are all oil producers looking to sabotage other oil producers by brainwashing the voting populace.

Also
>A FUCKING LEAF

>and every other country kept dumping money down the pit
And now we're in a massive recession cause OPEC decided to increase production, how's that massive unemployment working out for us?
Pretty sure there's more jobs in solar than coal now too, but hey, it's just a money pit right?
>there is if every prediction they make is wrong
And they aren't, so there is no need.
>one of the only things he did right in his entire tenure
Edgy
>as long as nothing is done, they'll keep getting money dumped on them so they say the controversial thing to keep the money train rolling
Scientists don't get payed to spout opinions, they get payed to create studies. They've already made their studies, so you're just plain wrong.

>Make obama one of the koch brothers
>Make the scientist James inhoffe
>"Sure I'll bring a snowball into congress for $300,000!"
Now it's accurate
Can you even read? There's a leaf in here denying AGW.

well thats neat but the data doesnt support that consensus of that grooup. how likely is someone who doesnt believe in man-driven climate change to become a climate scientist?

>they've been saying that for 10 years and every time it doesn't happen they change the date. By the time it actually happens, people will think it's happened 20 times already

so you are saying that imagination is more important than reality?

shouldn't we talk about facts?

>actually being worried about a 1 degree C temp change

within the margin of error of the instrumentation. any recorded temperature increases are temporary.

only idiots with no science education fall for this... only globalists with a science education promote this.

Has anyone realized yet that all these "climate scientists" are liberal groupthinkers who watched An Inconvenient Truth 10 years ago as undergrads and bought into the horseshit? It's not like there's a long history of climate science, since the field was only created 20 years ago. The bias is inherrent in the whole field because every single one of these "researchers" is out to confirm their own ideological preconceptions they've carried since college.

consensus is not truth

I hope the worst does not happen.

>97% Believe in Anthropogenic climate change
>THEY ALL AGREE ON GLOBAL WARMING!

No.
Anthropogenic Climate change refers to any time human interference has changed climate

Which happens all the time and would be profoundly absurd to argue against
Mostly due to the vagueness of the term.

Ex.1:
>Human cattle owners live in Africa
>bring in lots of cattle near edge of desert grassland
>cattle eat all the grass
>lack of grass creates negative feedback loop of precipitation
>Climate of the area changes pushing the desert south

Ex.2:
>America builds fuck tons of airports
>Zip hundreds of flights across the nation daily
>Hundreds of planes leave off con-trails in the sky
>Con trail layer increases albedo of United States
>Reflects more sunlight
>Lowers temperatures in the US

No Climateologist would argue against those points happening.
Because we know they do.

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THOSE SCIENTISTS BELIEVE IN THE LIBERAL NARRATIVE YOU SIMPLE MINDED TWAT

>And now we're in a massive recession cause OPEC decided to increase production, how's that massive unemployment working out for us?
the Saudis being twats proves global warming how?
>Pretty sure there's more jobs in solar than coal now too, but hey, it's just a money pit right?
do we even have a coal industry after shitty managament blew up all the mines in NS?
>And they aren't, so there is no need.
wasn't everything form An Inconvenient Truth supposed to have happened by now? Those are pretty big predictions to all have fail
>Edgy
but not incorrect, Harper was a fucking moron that sold us all out for Chinese money
>Scientists don't get payed to spout opinions, they get payed to create studies. They've already made their studies, so you're just plain wrong.
they get paid for both, and they'll keep making studies until it's either disproved or we destroy the world economy to "fix" it

OK, now how does that compare to the percentage that believed Darwin was wrong just after his books came out?

Science is not a process in which scientists vote and the winning side becomes true, rather it is a process by which ideas are subject to criticism and rigorous attempts to DISPROVE them, to "destruction test" theories in order to weed out the provably false.

Once an area of interest or study is made exempt from such questioning and testing, what is happening is no longer science, even if "scientists" are doing it, rather it is now politics. Or religion, I guess, since the AGW crowd act more like a religion than a political movement at this point.

The whole field of study is one giant circlejerk of grant applications and confirmation bias

I don't even know where you're getting this meme about false predictions desu
skepticalscience.com/climate-models.htm
Global warming IS climate change you fucking idiot.
And your figures are completely wrong, go read this link:

Consensus is a bullshit argument. You aren't right when people agree with you. You're right when you can prove it.

3rd world country here, i will keep turning the lights off when i don't need them and shutting down my big factories and industries, reduce my travels in private jets, use bikes instead of limos, and walk to the convenience store (since it's right beside my house with no chimney) to help slow down global warming.

So you've switched from Obamas job numbers to shilling for Al Gore...

Canada, our retarded, faggot cousins of the North.

Kill yourself.

>The effects in 100 years from AGW will be harder to fix and prevent than the effects from the next natural ice age in 10 000 years. Learn to prioritize.
>this is what warmingcucks actually believe

>the Saudis being twats proves global warming how?
You were the one who decided to move the goal posts by bringing up how other countries are 'throwing money down the drain', and I obliged to show that you're even wrong on that. And now you're moving the goal posts again to claim that what I said about OPEC has something to do with proving/disproving AGW? Are you retarded? Do you just argue in circles until someone gives up so you can delude yourself into thinking you've won? I bet you're considered the 'insufferable cunt' in your circle of friends and family.
>do we even have a coal industry after shitty managament blew up all the mines in NS?
We shouldn't have any jobs in coal desu, it's a horrible energy system
>wasn't everything form An Inconvenient Truth supposed to have happened by now? Those are pretty big predictions to all have fail
Everything is getting hotter as predicted and ice is melting, see:
>Harper was a fucking moron
Well that's one thing we can agree on
>they get paid for both, and they'll keep making studies until it's either disproved or we destroy the world economy to "fix" it
See:

the next ice age is happening right now, not in 10000 years. Educate yourself. We are already in it

Sounds like we now have the scientific communitiea approval to tax the poor for this!

There was also a concensus that the world was flat, earth is the center of everything, etc. Concensus means nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=52KLGqDSAjo&list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP&index=1

Mandatory watching for all climate change deniers.

>Can't actually argue against anything in thread
>Resorts to buzzword ad hominems
Lmao gud 1 bro
Consensus of opinion isn't in itself truth.
But consensus on thousands upon thousands of peer reviewed papers is.
Read the link:
The main cause of AGW is co2 emissions, which have never been this high in 800000 years. The severity of this IS in fact something they agree on. Something which apparently you're having trouble understanding.

>Muh sun rays
See:
>Seriously, you'd have to be an megalomaniac to think humans have the ability to stop mother nature.
Seriously, you'd have to be an utter fucking moron to underestimate the effect of industrialization and 7.3 billion people has on an ecosystem. There's no ego about this, it's just sheer numbers.
>Knock off the tobacco parallel shit
No, it's the same shit all over again.
Big oil shills and creates an echo chamber that falsely influences public opinion which hampers social progress on a serious issue, it's very much the same thing.

Arggh, it will take 10 000 years for the ice age to reach peak levels, a lot longer time period to deal with than 100 years for anything above 2C to royally fuck us over, do you have any concept of scale and time?!
Myth:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

Not like what you're saying changes what I've already said in this thread 100 times.
Read the link in OP

Government policy is a different kettle of fish from public perception of AGW. Lets get everyone on board and then figure out how to solve the problem.
This isn't about taxes, this is about keeping the only home we have livable.

taxes are the only solution friend, politicians need more money in order to solve this and without taxes they cant.

>There is a census on consensus
*snore*

Really though, you know this is going nowhere right? Even on the off chance AGW is a thing worth worrying about, you've got exactly one race of people who give a shit about it and that race of people are being demographically destroyed in their own countries.

Research and development has allowed for some solar tech to be more economically viable than coal, all you have to do is let the free market fo its job

>Everything is getting hotter as predicted and ice is melting

I wonder when the conscious public panic starts.

When the large natural disasters are almost daily probably
It is undeniably something to worry about.
Good job on turning it into a race issue, that's some impressive mental gymnastics

Even if AGW is true, it literally means nothing. I'm just a shitposter on Sup Forums. There's nothing I can do about it.

The evidence is overwhelming, but the public perception is divided. You can help educate your friends and family. The public needs to demand change from the policy makers

And we all know that meme magic is real, so you know your shitposting can make a difference

>we're barely at .5 now
>we surpassed 1.0 5 years ago

Which is it m8?

Germany is showing the way forward energy-wise.

First graph is in C, second is in F, learn2read
Costa Rica is mostly renewables, lots of countries are moving forward!
What's poland like in terms of policy and energy stats?