So...

So...how exactly do rockists get away with calling hip-hop degenerate music when a rather overwhelmingly large amount of rawk is about fucking sluts, partying, and doing drugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiohead_discography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they may be fucking sluts, partying, and doing drugs but at least they're not being niggers about it

Because, despite all that. They still manage to have talent, and can to some extent make decent to good music that isn't nigger #1 loops a sample of a soul song.

that defines hard rock, most rockists here listen to cuckshit like Radiohead or Swans

There's social consciousness rappers like Pac and Kanye if you like "serious" hip-hop.

Because Glam Rock, a scene typically revolving around that debaucherous lifestyle all but ended by 1991, with the advent of Alternative Rock finally going mainstream. Instead, lyrics addressed deeper ideas such as depression, existentialism and even societal progression.
There is no need for such a racial epithet. African Americans are not perfect, but neither are any other races. Your personality determines your inherent value to the world, not your arbitrarily decided race.

>Kanye
>serious hip-hop

Rock is about fucking, partying and doing drugs to an incomparably lesser degree than hip hop; there's a dearth of interesting themes in hip-hop, which often focuses on lyricism (making derivative themes even less forgivable), too often focusing on bravado and boasting, which aren't generally favorable character traits. Rock is masturbatory in different ways, but let's not pretend the two groan on in equal measure about how many hotties they're banging and what a high life they're living. It's far easier to exempt yourself from the avenues of rock that deal with that inane garbage than it is to seclude yourself from it as a fan predominantly of hip hop.

People are fucking hypocrites many genres talk about fucking bitches and having fun but Hip Hop always gets the hate.

I can tell you’re black

>with the advent of Alternative Rock finally going mainstream. Instead, lyrics addressed deeper ideas such as depression, existentialism and even societal progression

>"Aghhghhghgh my girlfriend dumped me and my mom told me I was a loser please slit my wrists I wanna die!"

That's real profound, no?

Link a song that says this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiohead_discography

Here you go.

Are you such a benighted individual that you would neglect the entirety of the 2000s Post-Punk/Indie Rock Revival? Not a single band from the scene even incorporated such puerile lyricism in their works. And plus, how does pic related, the most famous Sup Forumscore band besides Neutral Milk Hotel, fit that stereotype?

I'm not you're full of shit

I didn't get to see this post because I commented, but if you think that, you are by far one of the biggest imbeciles I've ever come across on the Internet.

Metal is the most intellectual branch of rock, incidentally.

This but unironically

metal is the worst branch of rock you guys literally need a general about the genre to talk about it

They've literally never once said that you little dweeb

>growling about Satan and Vikings over generic E-minor riffs
>intellectual

Unless you're a yogurt-for-brains like Gene Simmons who thinks rock can only be about partying and getting laid.

I don't think Bob Dylan or the Beatles primarily wrote songs about fucking and getting stoned.

If you complain about things being degenerate your an assbackwards social conservative.

>everybody must get stoned

>social conservatism
>inherently bad

Stop reading vice.

not to mention the distored guitar itself is abrasive

Vice is trash for the same reasons social conservatism is. Panicked individuals who wish to restrict the behavior of others.

>Because Glam Rock, a scene typically revolving around that debaucherous lifestyle all but ended by 1991

Let's go back to the 60s-70s. Did rockers fuck and use drugs? They sure did, but the rock star lifestyle was not primarily the focus of their songs. That came about later on with the event of glam metal, where the entire point of the band was partying and getting laid. I don't think Motley Crue ever had anything to say about society or politics.

"we were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all" - Paul McCartney

He's not stupid at all, he just has a very narrow idea of what rock can be.

people who listen to and play metal are invariably graduates of the university of life who believe that reading a couple of 19th century novels constitutes 'education' and learning

Go to bed, Christgau.

i'm not wrong

Most of that is metaphors for social commentary though.

Rock music hasn't been about hedonistic lifestyles since the 2000s. Sure, a majority of older rock music portrays such terrible behavior as something praise-worthy, but compared to modern/alternative/indie rock contemporaries, all of those examples listed have little to no relevancy nor acclaim to justify rock music as having a party-esque style. You do realize that the people who criticize hip-hop and subsequent genres aren't necessarily fans of Twisted Sister or Poison, or even Led Zeppelin. Indie Rock fans even criticize other rock sub-genres as well.

>Rock music hasn't been about hedonistic lifestyles since the 2000s
You mean the 80s?

*1990s

Since I've been old enough to follow music, the most degenerate songs I can remember like "Hot In Herre" and "Candy Shop" weren't made by rock groups.

You mean the mid 70's,you people sure do like to forget about punk

I can't agree with this post any more

Nicki Minaj, LMFAO, don't forget them.

Weren't most nu metal bands pretty degenerate?

I couldn't even name a Limp Bizkit or Buckcherry song without looking it up while Hot In Herre et al were major hit singles and near-inescapable back then.

What up Tyrone?