Dear Sup Forums

Dear Sup Forums,

Last week I learned my pops has advanced prostate cancer. Yesterday my best friend of ~20 years decided he didn't want to be my friend anymore because he thinks that I have been covertly conspiring with his mom behind his back (I haven't, but regardles lolwtfbbq). I am feeling kind of down. What to do, besides an hero?

Attached: prostate_cancer_brachytherapy.jpg (544x461, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/survival-rates.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no advice, just hope all goes well with your pops user

well shit honestly theres not much you can do. see if you can find something to take your mind off things or perhaps start up a hobby or something.

hope shit goes well with your dad though

Thanks user, it's appreciated it. Prognosis is mixed-to-good, but we'll know more when he goes under the knife in May.

I guess once you don't have your prostate any more you can't ejaculate, which I can't imagine. Kind of spooked that I'm probably more likely to develop it due to genetics now, but I guess most (80%) men usually develop it eventually.

Thanks user. :)

>764112442
fuck actually 80% thats fucked

god damn thats a high chance. well guess thats something I have to look forward to. fuck.

4/5 men get prostate cancer, 1/8 women get breast cancer. But you don't see any 'march for the cure' for prostate cancer/men.

OP here. Don't mean to laugh (because this sucks), but I did at this. Thanks user. :) Misery loves company.

Damn user. Sorry to hear about your friend (what kind of conspiracy is he talking about? You banging his mom?) Hope your dad gets better too.

I don't know to tell you the truth. It's been a long running thing for the past year where he thinks I'm talking with his mom about him or something. I really don't get it.

Thanks for the well wishes about my pops.

Sounds to me like he's developing mental illness.

I don't know. He's gone through stages of clinical depression before, and has copped to getting paranoid when he's stressed.

It sucks, because we've been close friends for forever - he was the best man at my wedding! I could use a close friend to share the cancer stuff with, but oh well I guess. :(

Really wish there was something I could do to help him too, but I honestly don't know what it could be.

>Yesterday my best friend of ~20 years decided he didn't want to be my friend anymore because he thinks that I have been covertly conspiring with his mom behind his back (I haven't, but regardles lolwtfbbq).
If he's been friends that long you'll both come back around soon

I hope so, user.

I guess you just have to fuck his mom

Looking user, this is the only thing I've learned between the different cancers my family has. The best thing you can do with all you've got is live the fullest you can. I've been through several different types of cancers with all my family. And I've seen that all you can do is enjoy what you got and that's all. Live it up man. That's all I know.

The chance isn't that high IIRC. It's partially genetic but it's more common in some races and in people who smoke.

Make sure you get laid as often as possible. I havent been disgnosed yet but, I expect to fall in to one of those categories in a few years. Do the best you can to spread your cancerous seed to beautiful women. its the only way to set the record straight and send humanity to its doom.

give indulgence a try, not like the petty stuff, but like a real project that you always wanted to get done but never had the time for. like build new shelves or tear out a wall or drive out to the desert or another crazy person thing to do when your life is falling apart. just like in the movies, just take a day off to do something weird. like office space.

Attached: 1484024670293.gif (385x272, 726K)

I have zero attraction to her though!
Thanks user. I have a pretty good life all things considered, which is what I will try to focus on.
Also good to know.
>spread your cancerous seed
>send humanity to its doom
There's the Sup Forums I know and love. Cheers user.

fuck his mom

lots of older guys have it. eat less meat.

THen start one yourself instead of complaining holy fucking shit

Keep your chin up kid, everything is going to be ok. Talk to your friend. If it doesn't go well, he is not worth it. As for your father, I also hope hat everything goes well. Don't stress. Tell him to attend his doctor appointments and everything shall go well my friend!

>your father gets cancer
>make it all about yourself by committing suicide
fuck you, you pussy ass little bitch. at least have the decency to wait and see if your old man recovers and if not wait till he's dead. if you want to kill yourself make sure there isnt anyone around who loves you cause as a man who used to work in a funeral home i can tell you that death isnt the end of misery is just away of passing it on to anyone stupid enough to give a fuck.

have a loli to cheer you up

Attached: sample_4e1c9e0334c08fb6f0d4d1e701792710.jpg (850x1491, 721K)

I though the an hero thing in more as a preemptive acknowledgement of typical Sup Forums advice than as something I am actually considering, but thanks for your reply regardless I guess.
More vegetables for sure going into the diet now.
Thanks user. That is very much appreciated.

You are a degenerate, go have a shower and re-evaluate life

I feel you user. I have Dysplastic nevus syndrome, which significantly increases my chance of skin cancer and specifically melanoma. My grandmother died from melanoma and my dad has had skin cancer before. I've also had several abnormal moles removed already in my life and I'm only 22. Shit sucks. Fuck cancer. Hope your dad kicks its ass.

Well shit user.

Hope that your pops gets better, and fuck that dude he sounds like he's strung out on meth

Attached: P5_Ann_Takamaki_tribute_illustration_by_Arco_Wada_(Fate_EXTRA_series_character_designer).jpg (540x540, 172K)

Attached: degenerates-like-you-belong-on-a-cross-31286316.png (500x409, 110K)

no u.

nothing wrong with a little loli in your life

Attached: 52554682_p1.jpg (679x1000, 347K)

Should probably get your prostate checked senpai

Lmao.

Because the survival rate is so high for men. You're more likely to die from something else.

cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/survival-rates.html
The 5-year relative survival rate is 99%
The 10-year relative survival rate is 98%
The 15-year relative survival rate is 96%

Fuck your friend.
If they develop a brain then accept them back.
Spend time with your Dad.
If gets cemo then share a joint with him as it helps. Fuck, just smoke with him and mellow out. Cherish your time.
I didn't have a chance ( never thought of this with my Dad)
Realize you might not be able to fix shit - but try to find some acceptance.
Don't be preachy and be prepared for some shit - but hold on.