Now that the dust has settled, why was this so bad?

Now that the dust has settled, why was this so bad?

Because their running in place, they refuse to alter their sound in any meaningful way and instead simply rehash the same shit with slightly different production choices.
I'd love to see them do something weird with their sounds like Let Us Prey and experiment in a new direction, but they're a legacy band at this point.

I don't think this record sounds so much the same. I it's just bad riffs.

How Can you even compare this rubbish to dopethrone

because standard guitar tuning instead drop A

It's so uninspired that it's hard to believe that it was recorded by Electric Wizard. It sounds like The Black Keys trying to be Electric Wizard and just writing 6 songs that are all in standard, don't sound heavy, have cringy lyrics, and are just plain boring. I waited until I was on acid to listen to this album because I was looking forward to it, and it seemed fitting for Electric Wizard. It was so terrible that I couldn't think of anything I wanted to listen to after. 1/10

i hope the record is printed in a fine paper sleeve where ware becomes visible, maybe i'm the only one who likes this cover

Didn't even know they dropped something new.
The cover and album title sound uninspired, so I wont be surprised if the whole thing is too.

they need to do less vintage horror B film and more lovecraftian

It needs to be slower. New record is just terrible

this is somewhat accurate

I'm also extremely disappointed by this release, you can't compare it to Dopethrone or as a matter of fact to anything else they have put out until now.

I don't think it's been a gradual curve of decay since Dopethrone, their other releases like Witchcult Today and Blackmasses aren't that bad, they have an uneven amount of good and bad tracks

But fucking hell this last release is shit, it's like they ran out of inspiration, it seems also they don't put an effort to put something good out there.... like some other user said, the lyrics are over simplistic, the riffs suck, the overall production is shit, there is also nothing psychedelic about this release

It's like really bad garage rock from a sub par band

I sure hope they can come back......

Another one of my other favorite band had an absolute shit release this year, totally different by the QOTSA release sucked shit too....

Good points

any other bands like this? i like Dust

Why was the other album dissapointing

Listen to monolord - rust

i really can't believe that meme lizard band is getting so much more attention than this, EW have history damn it

It's not though

soyboy nu-males who make up for the vast majority of music listeners nowadays listen to a lot of king gizzard and avoid EW like a plague

gizzard, they're called king gizzard. people are hyping them up because of notion of "rock revival" or affecting some kind of new age punk movement. the hype it's-self is the only attraction here, it's meme music

Please elaborate

its calling a spade a spade, EW have been riding the coattails of their classics for a while now. they have been putting out some mediocre LPs
maybe they could learn a thing or two from the gizzards

Have you listened to it?