Why do people think that just because a comedian is cynical that he is intelligent or insightful?

Why do people think that just because a comedian is cynical that he is intelligent or insightful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zeMZGGQ0ERk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hicks was a legend. If it wasn't for him, the atheist movement wouldn't be where it is today.

>atheist movement
>cause of uprising of Marxism and decline of Western civilization

Pick both.

Because humorous cynicism falls naturally into the sweet spot of being intelligent enough to make smarmy and somewhat insightful remarks that the majority of the population can almost grasp as well as you do, but not actually so much that you are capable of providing a realistic alternative or solution to the topic at hand.

So they keep making these smart-ass digs and the people keep sucking up the cheap laughs and worshiping their providers (Bantz magic) without actually solving any of these problems.

comedians never pretend to have solutions
they simply make observations
the intelligence part comes from how they link topics together or the way they can simplify there point

Colin Quinn is still the GOAT, more so than ever

Hicks' atheism is his worst aspect, but trust a fucking robotic Scandi to think it's his best. That guy was brought up by bible thumping parents who provided for him even when he was a bum ass nobody comic playing shit holes in random American podunks and so much of his material is "droogs man hehe lol" and "ahahaha FUCK the religious and their religions!!!!!!! btw i wouldn't be able to do this if my religious parents weren't paying my rent"

Hicks' parents were what made him who he was and he was a spoiled fucking kid all the way into his 30s. I like him, but sorry, his atheism/nihilism/commie bullshit was fucking whack.

it's a good thing he got off the ride when he did cause I don't think he could handle growing up

Hicks was an insufferable cunt.

Carlin is better because he's actually funny, but he's wrong on several points.

Hicks was the comic embodiment of 90's counter culture and did his part to quash PC culture then. He's cameos in the Preacher comic as influencing Jesse Custer

I think Richard Jeni was a mainstream version of Hicks

Nigga, how you sound so smart?

Hicks, and Carlin each had a sweet spot. If they strayed from that spot, Carlin became an insufferable angry guy, pissed at the general behavior of men based on his own Father abandoning him and his Mom, and Hicks when he attempted higher brow observational humor because he had a general disdain for his audience.

I think they both had a general disdain for humanity and were angry that they too were members of it

but yeah, Hicks hated his audiences

youtu.be/zeMZGGQ0ERk

Because the kids that watch these edgy comedians are also cynical assholes.

Because Americans are retarded

They just align with leftist politics so leftists laugh. I forget the term for this type of comedy - Margaret Cho is famous for it.

they say what everyone is le thinking xDDDD

Intelligence and cynicism are correlated. Smarter people have a better ability to see the forest for the trees and some will have a tendency to lean towards a cynical outlook. There is a lot of truth to the phrase "Ignorance is bliss".

>le gook posting finn

kill yourself

carlin
>liberal cunt
>had original voice
>angry but still overall funny

hicks
>cheap carlin knockoff
>exact same voice and delivery as carlin
>totally overrated
>if he hadnt died prematurely nobody on this site would even know his name

If you dont like them, you dont have to listen to them.

Pretty simple, if you think about it.

>if you think