Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSGGgeiSro0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>band

I love Foetus

eww

how does one into foetus?

Thirwell is great.

I love a lot of the Foetus stuff, and I the Venture Brothers soundtracks were great.

One of my least favorite Industrial acts. It's like Thirlwell tries to meld too many genres together but that's just me.

QUILOMBO is his best project

One of my most favorite Industrial acts. Thirlwell weaves tonnes of genre together and it's just great.

Limp Bizkit for le edgy industrial goth fags

Clothes Hoist alone is worth the price of admission.

>band
it's just one aussie making the songs, but anyways both hole and nail are one of the best industrial albums I've ever listened

Wildly inconsistent but his highs are incredible. I'll admit I haven't heard any of Foetus passed Thaw though.

Deaf - 7/10
Custom Built for Capitalism - 4/10
Ache - 3/10
Hole - 5/10
Nail - 9/10
The 1987 EPs, collectively - 7/10
Thaw - 8/10

>Nail - 9/10
what makes nail so good?

It doesn't sound like corny, kitschy rock music from the 1950s like most of his early material did. It sounds very unique and inventive from start to finish.

>thaw
>higher than ache
You are fucking retarded holy shit

listen to ache one more time
listen to ache two more times
listen to ache three more times
listen to ache four more times
listen to ache five more times
listen to ache six more times
listen to ache again, WHOOOAAW

"J.Q. Murder" and "Get Out of My House" are embarrassingly bad, and they were done better earlier by Thirlwell himself.

if you don't like the "corny, kitschy rock music from the 1950s" sound you really shouldn't be listening to foetus desu

Only a relatively small collection of his material sounds like that though. And it happens to be the worst of his Foetus stuff.

Like, you have touches of that pastiche on Deaf and Nail, but Deaf was very much a no wave album and Nail was very much a standalone industrial album. It was pretty much only Ache and Hole that put that style at the forefront. Even those early EPs didn't sound a whole lot like that.

J.Q. Murder and Get Out Of My House are both good songs

they're not amazing songs but they're all better than anything on thaw

how about you get yourself some taste and listen to james chance friendo

that "no wave" sounds and "kitschy rock music" sound is the same thing you dunce

he's aping james chance

>arguing with an irrelevant narcissistic namefag

you're right, I should've known better than to feed attention whores desu

I thought White Knuckles was about masturbating

nice labels, you stupid cracker. he doesn't even consider his music as industrial

nobody should give a shit about what he thinks

musicians are usually dumb fucks and know fuck all about music

Start at the beginning as always.

This is correct.

Love is a good album.

It isn't. It's just the most normie accessible.

This is also correct.

Pretty accurate; Hole deserves a couple more points. Later stuff, not so much. Gash was 2/10, Flow was 4/10. I lost interest at that point.

""Hole and "Nail". If that gets you hard, move on to Wiseblood (Thirlwell and Roli Mosiman ((swans drummer)) - Dirtdish, the 1987 ep's "Bedrock" and "Ramrod/Boxhead" and "Thaw". "Sink" is a nice retrospective in the same vein.

I can't claim much familiarity of anything beyond that, but there's a metric ass-ton of stuff out there.

This is so inaccurate as a description of no wave generally. Almost none of the bands of that movement made music like that. It was mostly just dissonant, abrasive, and didn't sound like rock music at all. Foetus sounded a lot like oldskool rock.

And, The Contortions is best known for throwing jazz and funk together. Like, listen to Buy and compare it to Hole or Ache. Not much alike. I definitely agree that J.G. Thirlwell was aping James Chance on Deaf, but that right there was more emblematic of the no wave sound than those other two records were. That just solidifies my point, really, that Deaf was straight-up no wave while Hole and Ache were not.

JG Thirwell is a genius, straight up.
this is my jam

youtube.com/watch?v=OSGGgeiSro0

How the fuck is all of his shit so intricately on beat? Like everything he does is so on time and in meter, how did he do this? Let alone in the 80s?

Gash is definitely worth your time and is a great album (no fucking way is it a 2/10, at the least a high 7), also as far as newer stuff goes check out Love, it loses steam as it goes but there are worthwhile moments and the first two tracks are pretty good

It's called a Fairlight synthesizer. Live show is a whole other monster.