/csg/ - Christian General: Sacred Heart of Jesus Edition

For all things Christian
Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants alike are welcome to discuss theology. Try to be polite.

Atheists also welcome, but try to be constructive.

Pastebin for believers and curious folk.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
Pastebin for Orthodox
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Sunday, June 7, 2016

Good Scenes to watch

>Jesus Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=8d-uB0vaoQo
>Jesus of Nazareth Sermon on the Mount:
youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg
>Jesus chases Jews out of the Temple
youtube.com/watch?v=kEtBs6j7QgU
>Jesus gives sight to the Blind....and takes sight from those who can see
youtube.com/watch?v=pY7vamVg99E
>Roman Centurion has more faith than anyone in Israel
youtube.com/watch?v=SNLSBjYDPko

>Ben Hur scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Fbt2UUthWg0

>Why Atheists shouldn't discourage Christianity even if they don't believe in it
youtube.com/watch?v=vqQdc0mX1_c

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=h5YEKO04RDI

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 6:9-13
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2-L1KIU7lao
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CsbQeCYJ0Do
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N1-ezZ9hkD8
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WLoc1yDYzlo
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HbTAmN4m2lQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G13ArSGr4es
youtube.com/watch?v=g7rQow8NzZo
youtube.com/watch?v=NX3Ow_VEkuM
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HGQDkCi-OIY
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xRSjzY0s0SM
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s66DchGhhD0
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8vj0qKthCgg
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X54dYbfCSR4
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TeE2xg3REtA
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6l7A4cQHxuY
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZOj76xrG62k
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BY6xD4dl1x8
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nnM_NtZfQTM
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FcvPDNz9xHo
youtube.com/watch?v=ohRY7WNqGJY
youtube.com/watch?v=0WbAuuVBdY0
youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy
noforbiddenquestions.com/2011/02/what-is-a-god-anyway/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wow what the fuck I'm a #CrossMissile now, really makes you think.

> or only to saints
we don't pray to saints, we ask them to pray for us. Basically we pray WITH saints, not to them. It's like if you meet with a friend and you pray together, except that friend is in heaven
> I think I heard something like that, that normal catholics aren't worthy of praying straight to god so they need a relay. Is that true?
You should stop listening to prottie propaganda. Of course we pray to God.
>can people pray directly to God or is it only through Jesus, otherwise he won't listen because you aren't worthy?
Jesus is God. So if you pray to Jesus you are also praying to God.

>t you put Mary on the same pedestal you put Jesus on
we don't. We honour Mary in virtue of her relationship with Christ. All we believe about Mary, is a reflection of her relationship with him. None of the way we honour her comes from her personally as a person, except her obedience to the Lord's commands and plans for her.
>you even bring up Jesus when talking about people who sinned like that's even possible
I don't, don't twist my words. You claimed that a verse from Romans was literal. I pointed out to you that according to your logic, by being litera, since Jesus was not just God but also a man, claiming that all "men" have sinned would make him a sinner too. I wasn't advocating the idea at all, just pointing out the flaws in your argument.

>I'm only giving you the literal definitions of the word and the synonyms thereof.
k
>And none them allude to the nature of literally being sinless.
Except they do
>I agree with most of your post, but there is no hard evidence to suggest that Luke 1:28 uses the word 'graced' to mean 'being literally sinless'. It is simply goes against the definition of the word used.
They evidence is in the way it is used in Ephesians and the fact that Ephesians is the only other instance in which it occurs like that.

repent

>it occus like that
*in which it occurs, period.

I think red is the blood of Christ and white His purity.

Just remember that Jesus is the only way to the Father and to the kingdom of heaven

He loves you all, and may God bless you all on this earth and in heaven :D

we pray to God
even in churches we pray to God
the first prayer we are taught is The Lord's Prayer

I answered here

also to answer your second question
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 6:9-13

If you're not Orthodox, you're doing it wrong.

>the patriarch is wanting a crusade against islam

*tips feet*

m'infallibility

And other things in other threads

So what to do about this whole thing? AN idea [] There could be a better one [] is to approach other Christians about it. Or the ones who do this sort of thing.

If it gets enough agreement, it can be a civilizedly filed complaint in churches. And a church leader can do something about it.

It is probably real. No one is happy as things are now.

KEKTHODOX BTFO

*tips KJV*

Well, he's not wrong. We can certainly learn something from them when it comes to piety, especially protestants.

You accused me of twisting your words in that post and then accused me of saying something when that was my first time posting in the thread and didn't say anything close to what you said lol

But whatever. I won't be nitpicky with you anymore. I just think it's funny how you do the same things you accuse others of doing

All of this irrelevant though and I wish everybody could just remember that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are divine, and they're in everyone and everything including us. Jesus is the only way into heaven. His sacrifice on the cross trumps everything and he overcame the world. And through him and only him, we can too. If you believe this, it doesn't matter what denomination you call yourself. As long as you believe in Christ's sacrifice above all else

>You accused me of twisting your words in that post and then accused me of saying something when that was my first time posting in the thread and didn't say anything close to what you said lol
I didn't check the ID. I don't understand then in what way did I associate Jesus with sin. Elaborate on that and I will answer your doubts

Protestants are not Christians

Low IQ Italian shitposts his own "faith". Fucking ingenious.

We pray only to God. We ask saints for their intercession, so it's like asking a friend to pray for you.

You shouldn't ask other people to pray for you - you're being selfish. God's Will *shall* be done.

Can we not start another Catholic-Protestant shitpost war? It deters people that are curious about the faith to post.

I invite you all to not give (you)s to niggerteom
Thank you

I guess technically you didn't. It just seems weird to me that you would even have to clarify that Jesus didn't sin. I thought this was a given and one of the main points of Christianity. That was the only point I was making and I'm pretty sure you could comprehend that. (though maybe not) This is just more nitpicking and you seem to do it somewhat often. I feel it distracts from actual conversation if you pretend that everything people say is to be taken literally

this x1000

Nice "filter".
Almost as honest as your "theology".

explain why christianity is not another backwards middle eastern religion

But how about this.I think it looks weighted. If it is, it is because this is contracted by Christianity everywhere.

Qualify "backwards" and what qualifies as "not-backwards" or "forwards".

>We pray only to God. We ask saints for their intercession, so it's like asking a friend to pray for you.

with a HUUUGE difference, saints dies, and if you say that peopel dont pray to siants you are lying - catholcis often pray to specific saints for specific purspouses

Not until every single one heretic will not repent and unite with One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church.

how's that satanic nwo religion coming along for you roman catholics? say goodbye to christianity, same as all mudslimes will have to say goodby to that pedofuck alluh or whatever his name is. you will a bow down to satan in the future. one shitty deal, lol. you're going extinct suckers :)

>feels good to be one of the 144 thousand

why are you, as an american, praying to a god of the middle east?

>explain why christianity is not another backwards middle eastern religion

it landed a man on the moon, pagans were wite niggers btw

I mean look at what your idea contracts. It is like an abuse that goes on and on and on... This can't be realistic.

>It just seems weird to me that you would even have to clarify that Jesus didn't sin
I didn't have to do it. As I said in my other post when I thought you were the other user I was responding to, I simply mentioned it to point out the flawed arguments used against the sinlessness of Mary.
>That was the only point I was making and I'm pretty sure you could comprehend that. (though maybe not)
I can but it is a stupid point to make? This discussion wasn't about that, and I didn't mention Jesus sinlessness as a focal point of discussion. Actually the other anons did, with their "Jesus din't sin!!! Mary did!". It seems to me you are moved by feeling rather than by reason in these objections.
> This is just more nitpicking and you seem to do it somewhat often
I am not nitpicking anything. It is you who are making a big deal out of literally nothing
>I feel it distracts from actual conversation if you pretend that everything people say is to be taken literally
I didn't pretend that person was being literal. The person was being literal, period. He used a cherrypicked verse and said "see? no man, NO MAN". Clearly trying to use a verse in not only a literal but absolute way to justify his flawed theology. I merely followed the premises of his reasoning to show him the flaw in it. Hence how Jesus and sin were mentioned in the same sentence. Hope this clarifies it.

Answer my question so I can answer yours.
Qualify "backwards" and "not-backwards/forwards".

>>feels good to be one of the 144 thousand
you are so humble user, good for you

>Not until every single one heretic will not repent and unite with One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church.

HERETIC!!!

YOU SHOULD UNITE WITH THE One, Holy, cOPTIC, Apostolic Church.

REPENT

Vive le Roi!

>saints dies
And? Credo in sanctam Ecclesiam catholicam,
sanctorum COMMUNIONEM

If you are within the Apostolic tradition then we are all brothers and sister. It is the protestant deceivers outside the tradition who we should all unite against

HERETIC!

YOU SHOULD UNITE WITH THE ONE, HOLY, AND RICH IN VITAMINS CHURCH OF COUNT CHOCULA!

REPENT!

John 14:
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

>And? Credo in sanctam Ecclesiam catholicam,
>sanctorum COMMUNIONEM

u wot m8? praying to anyone other than God is polytheism/paganism that crept into christianity durign time, same thing happened to the OT nation of Israel numerous time as is describe in the book of Judged and Jesus himself spoke about that when talkign to pharisees

14:6*

Instantiate protestants as deceivers without appealing to authority/tradition, or instantiate the cucklic church as *not* being deceivers without doing the same.

Does a confession count if I post it here?

The only one you need confess to is God or those people your sin has affected.

>If you are within the Apostolic tradition then we are all brothers and sister. It is the protestant deceivers outside the tradition who we should all unite against

Protestantism saved Christiantiy and is the most pristine and primitive or if you will Apostolic sect of Christianity.

>b-but muh tradition!
>b-but my circular reasoning!
C u c k l i c s

>Protestantism saved Christiantiy and is the most pristine and primitive or if you will Apostolic sect of Christianity.
(you)

Afshin Javid
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2-L1KIU7lao

Ian MacCormack
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CsbQeCYJ0Do

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N1-ezZ9hkD8
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WLoc1yDYzlo

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HbTAmN4m2lQ

Bill Wiese
youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G13ArSGr4es

youtube.com/watch?v=g7rQow8NzZo Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=NX3Ow_VEkuM Part 2

Tamara Laroux
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HGQDkCi-OIY

Mickey Robinson
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xRSjzY0s0SM

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s66DchGhhD0

Howard Storm Atheist Professor
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8vj0qKthCgg

Atheist Dr. Donald Whitaker
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X54dYbfCSR4

A dying mans last message
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TeE2xg3REtA

Ex-satanist confession
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6l7A4cQHxuY

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZOj76xrG62k

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BY6xD4dl1x8

Ugandan Pastor Shocked he would not enter Heaven
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nnM_NtZfQTM

Orthodox Priests in a cave monastery
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FcvPDNz9xHo

A bit harsh lad, but I think you have the right idea of the direction Catholocism is heading

You almost definitely aren't one of the 144,000 though. I recommend you re-read revelation or watch some different videos that discuss that part. More than 144,000 people are getting into heaven, they are just the chosen out of the chosen, if that makes sense. You might be a virgin idk (which is a requirement) but I doubt you were a member of one of the 12 tribes of Israel

>b-but muh tradition!

yeah its kind of ironic, protestantism actually is the most traditional and by far the most simple/primite thologically yet most right wing traditionlsit go with catholicism which is quite progresseive/humanistic. same is obvious in art like pic rel.

dont copy paste - contribute!

>dont copy paste - contribute!

What do you mean?

It ruined Christianity! Protestantism is more like McChristianity, it is Christianity with fewer calories. Compare the art that came from Orthodox and Catholic churches to the fucking Jesus Junk that Protestants buy weekly for a "love Gift" of 9.99 from TBN. Compare the music that came from Catholicism to the bullshit Christian rock music protestants produce.

>catholicism which is quite progresseive/humanistic

in terms of theology offcourse, its also more liberal and that by a mile (Pope said Muslims can get saved without faith in Jesus etc)

Their blatant dishonesty disgusts me.
>apostolic succession is valid because tradition establishes it is
>tradition is valid because church authorities affirm it to be
>church authorities are valid because of apostolic succession

Fuck off Catholic weasel-shits with your absolutely abominable circular reasoning. *No one should *EVER* take you seriously*.

>yeah its kind of ironic, protestantism actually is the most traditional

Where is your Apostolic Succession buddy?

How does any of that mean Protestantism ruined the message of Christianity? Also you know Protestant churches vary widely right?

It's very telling that Catholics place more importance on art and music than on the gift of salvation through faith

>apostolic succession is valid because tradition establishes it is

Apostolic Succession is valid because the Founder of the Chruch said it was.

>Compare the music that came from Catholicism to the bullshit Christian rock music protestants produce.

Exibit A
youtube.com/watch?v=ohRY7WNqGJY

Christian rock sucks, with that I agree

>circular reasoning.

yea, I follow, but protestants tend to fall for that when explaining the Cannon (Gods word is on Earth as is said in the bible, Bible is the Gods word because he would allow otherwise -ive heard peopel argue that)

>Apostolic Succession

what that? has Jesus based his work during his lfietime on smth liek that?

>It's very telling that Catholics place more importance on art and music than on the gift of salvation through faith

Maybe we don't because we know that salvation is through grace, you protestant fuckwit

Guys!! Stop arguing :(

Can't we all just agree that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light?

>Maybe we don't because we know that salvation is through grace

but that is ABC of protestant theology, fundamental baptist theology basicallly

>Can't we all just agree that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light?

YES
E
S

>Apostolic Succession is valid because the Founder of the Chruch said it was
... who "had authority" because he was an apostle, otherwise his establishment of such would not be valid.
If you're trying to refer to Christ Himself, you can't verify Christ was the founder of cuclicks. Matthew 16:18 doesn't cut it in any world.

You can't break the chain of absurdity.

This!

>salvation is through grace

*trough faith

I don't I'm I'm a protestant, but yes I'd agree many do.

Yes, Jesus' love and grace are what save us. But we don't receive that unless we have faith in his sacrifice

Please don't insult me for putting more importance in Jesus than pretty buildings and music

THIS!!

Love God with your heart. Thats what matters.

Different forms of christianity and what-not exists, all these variants and lies. Jesus christ is lord, this is what I know. Many lies spread and/or made up by stupid greedy people, zionists and other beings.

God will know you love him, and if you pray good things will happen to you.

Every tongue and every mouth should confess - Jesus Christ is Lord.

youtube.com/watch?v=0WbAuuVBdY0

I like to pray to Jesus-Christ because he's a fictional character and God is serious mind-wank.
Also I've no idea what a lord or a king can be, I've never been subject or serve in my life, just a citizen of the French Republic.

Amen!!

:D

>Love God with your heart. Thats what matters.

yeah, no denominations will be mentioned when we stand before Jesus, but that doesnt mean all are equal, however theology is important but a human thing

Pray and ask him...did you ever try that.

Ask what ?
I don't call someone lord or king (or both), it makes my wanna puke shit.
Citizen or comrade I can do.

>but that is ABC of protestant theology, fundamental baptist theology basicallly
If you read the Catechism you will see that Catholics believe that it Christ alone who saves us

youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

Great YouTube channel for those looking for arguments for the existence of God, Christian philosophy, evidences for Jesus' resurrection, and the reliability of the New Testament writings.

That image isn't the Sacred Heart that's the image of Divine Mercy

Bach and Brahms tho.

pls tell me how you got that

I am sorry, will you forgive me? But you guys do suck at art

>giving (you)s to niggerteom
just ignore him

Save from what ?
Death ? Big failure so far...

>youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

mah nigga, already subbed

>Catechism you will see that Catholics believe that it Christ alone who saves us

but that is simply not true bro. what you said is what Luther claimed.

WTF is a god anyway ?
noforbiddenquestions.com/2011/02/what-is-a-god-anyway/

Can someone give me a rundown on the differences between Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant?

Yes, someone surely can.