Dredd

Just marathoned this. Now that the dust has settled, what did I think of it? Capekino or capeshit??

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Judge-Dredd-The-Complete-Case-Files
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl_sRb0uQ7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kinoshit

Kino. Shame it didn't have the aesthetics of Judge Dredd 95.

>it's a "day in the life" adaptation of a large fictional world

I'm pretty sure you thought it was Capekino. You really liked the accuracy, the simplicity of the story, and the amazing visuals.

You marathoned a single movie?

Is this the ADHD generation?

I love the comics and I really don't care that the world was different, they absolutely nailed the character of Dredd and the set up of what the judges are.

As an adaptation, and a general action movie, it's awesome.

Pure kino. McCoy as Dredd as fucking perfect.

what the fuck do you mean you marathoned it, its one movie

One of the best action movies in a while

Everyone laugh at the newfag

>tfw that copypasta for the netflix series was just an aprils fools prank

Pure Kino.

What did he mean by this?

Dredd is kino as fuck

I fucking hate capeshit, and ignored this movie expecting it was utter trash.

Then i heard someone compare it to The Raid and say it was pretty good.

I enjoyed it.

I don't think this is classified as capeshit though? Capeshit refers to superheros with superpowers. This is just an angry dude.

Dredd has superpowers, user. He is a savant when it comes to The Law.

Where to buy, where to start, I'd like to get into Dredd, but I don't know where to start. I want to buy physical copies, what do you suggest?

What I didn't really understand is why giving someone slow-mo before pushing them off a big height was meant to make it worse for them.

Falling from that height would be terrifying without drugs... With slow-mo, it'd be really peaceful and beautiful.

>Capeshit refers to superheros with superpowers.

Like Batman? Been here all summer I bet.

You'd be pondering about your inevitable death for a very long time. Although I'd like the time to think about my life, its definitely not a good way to go, especially if you experience the impact in slow mo.

>tfw woke up one morning and saw a thread on Sup Forums about Urban confirming Dredd 2 was in the works
>Turns out it was just someone twisting his words at a convention or something
That hurt pretty bad

Thanks

or perhaps you're wondering why you would give a man slow-mo before pushing them off a big height

Why people gotta play such cruel tricks on me, man?

Just keep in mind that they're not all these funny shorts.

The main stories are good though, and it's a shame that neither movie really got Dredd's world down. The 95 Judge Dredd was closer to the absurdist nature of his world, but 2012 Dredd did much better with the character himself. Although you eventually do get some good character development.

Have some quipkino.

Kek, that's alright, I actually haven't seen the Stallone version.

It's pretty okay, actually. Although I think Demolition Man was a bit better of a Dredd flick than Judge Dredd. It's on Netflix though and worth a watch.

I'm actually OP and just watched the 1995 movie for the first time today. I just really wanted a Dredd Thredd.

kys memeposter

Alright, I love Demolition man, and like the straightforward approach that film makers took with those 80's and 90's movies. They didn't make it meta or tongue in cheek, so I'm sure I'll dig it, got Netflix too.

Everyone watching don't know if it's peaceful or an eternal torment.

So if you rather not know you don't mess up with them.

Yeah, give it a watch dude. It got panned by critics, but I was surprised by the special effects. They're really fucking good. And the first ~45 minutes do a pretty good job with the world building if you do get around to those Case Files.

Anyone have scans of that Batman x Dredd crossover? That was good.

you're a big height

You thought it was a 1/10, because;

>Shitty adaptation
>Even worse than the already shitty original adaptation
>No humor
>Looks like a cheap, bad, lazy SyFy movie
>Shot like a bad TV show
>Plot consists of a guy standing in hallways (that are boring and cheap/badly designed sets) shooting while a bunch of extras dressed like they're in a Marvel TV show fall over
>A couple of slow mo shots because they're "COOL"

Or;

>You are an underage b& from Sup Forums and you like John Wick or The Raid

In that case, this movie is a 10/10

he doesn't have a cape, he doesn't show his face, and he doesn't make quips for marketing's sake

you know exactly what we thought of it

I hated Dredd 3D.

I wish there was some way to make Robocop, Demolition Man and The Fifth Element fuck and have a proper Judge Dredd movie baby.

Sup Forumsfag here, movie is great.
Sly version is cool also.
I can only ask two thing:
I want Antje Traue as Hershey and Dark Judges in the sequel

yeah, imagine the terror of that fall - only drawn out 100 times longer........................................................................................................................................

Start buying the Casefiles trades. Relatively cheap for how much they collect and go through all the 2000 AD stories. It just takes a bit to get into the more popular ones. Heads up though, early Dredd could get real fuckin wacky.

Aww yeah Dredd thread! I compare Dredd to Frank Castle, Marv, or Spider Jerusalem. Not super heros by any means, just awesome characters. They actually redeem the whole comic medium for me, which makes me sick with all the true capeshit

Hershey a best.

You may like this then...

>Dredd
>Cape
Dredd isn't a vigilante superhero. He's a ruthless law enforcement officer under the jurisdiction of a even more merciless State authority. The fact that he's just a human without any superpowers, willing to resort to lethal force against criminals to enforce the law, should clue you in that he wouldn't work well with Batman or Superman.

>he's just a human without any superpowers
Read a comic kiddo.

Dredd has had 4 batman crossovers

Apart from his bionic eyes he's just a regular human.
He's not even a mutant.

Im all over this, thanks user. I learned about Transmetropolitan in a random thread just like this. Love when I finally find a jewel after sifting through mountains of triceratops shit

Where's Judge user when you need him

your german bitch will NEVER get another big role EVER

Where should I start with the comics?

Well, at least I have a mental image

Not him but I recommend you to start with Case Files vol 1

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Judge-Dredd-The-Complete-Case-Files

One of the rare movies better in 3D

This
Is a good starting point
Or look up the Case Files, they are all the stories in chronological order.
There is a torrent of all dredd stuff up till 2013 if you look for it.

Did you forget the part where they were SKINNED ALIVE WITH A HACKSAW? How peaceful and beautiful. I bet those ten slow agonizing seconds of your head collapsing in on itself would be very relaxing

>Judge Anderson will NEVER step on your balls

Kino that should have gotten a much better reception

youtube.com/watch?v=Kl_sRb0uQ7A

>that menace

>no humor
I think that's you with no sense of humor dude
>perp wiping out a civvie with van
>yeah I heard you hotshot
>debased bum getting crushed by the door
>I think a bullet might be worse
>choke on that
>all of Anderson/black guy interactions especially their last scene
>Judge vs kids scene (juvie cube or a body bag, makes no difference to me)
>phone booth incendiary scene

>"do I seem mature yet?": the post

Spank you anons. Love that site, just finished walking dead and was looking for something new to read

>>phone booth incendiary scene

That whole scene made my dick hard.

You don't marathon a single film you fucking rocket scientist.

Might be my favourite movie to be honest. I rewatch it like 6 times a year at LEAST

One of the best action movies made.

> Karl Urban keeps face covered all movie
> No stupid ass romance storylines
> Constant action
> Minor comedy
> No stupid-ass plot points

I'm pretty sure this Film Dredd didn't lose his eyes at this point. Besides, his bionic eyes really aren't that advanced and are barely better than his regular eyes or the advanced eyewear featured in the comics.

Anderson's a cute but I'd rather have Hershey to step on my balls

No prob, user

> Constant action
Not just this but every piece of action moves the plot along or gives you understanding of how the characters see the world around them/motives/disregard for human life

I like Karl Urban.

WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lived in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and her dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital so the More-government decided that best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person that reads this letter, on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures on this one site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake. apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow.You will either get kissed or asked out, if you break this chain u will see a little dead girl in you

Pretty much this desu senpai

I'm very glad I could be of help, user - connecting with the few good ones on here is what keeps me coming back. Keep your mind and your heart open, good sir! And thank you!

Leave this place.

Imagine being able to - slowly - process all of your thoughts WHILE YOUR BRAINS ARE BEING CRUSHED OUT OF YOUR SKULL LIKE TOOTHPASTE.

One of her better performances - would love to see Ma-ma take on Westeros...

>curing back pains could lead to an uptick in crime
>Denied chiropractor license
This is fucking delicious

Like other anons said, the Case Files starts right at the beginning and are easy to get into. Literally pick up the first volume and you're set. Altought the first few years are pretty weird and aren't that great. Dredd, as a universe, really sets itself during the second Case Files and shits gets real on the fifth one.

2000AD also started to release a new collection that focus solely on the better part of Dredd. Stuff like the Apocalypse War or the Cursed Earth road trip gets their own book. You might want to try yourself with these if you don't feel invested enough to collect 30 something trades.

Name a movie with a better OST

Hard mode: no lord of the rings, star wars, jaws, or otherwise meme answer

PROTIP: YOU CAN'T

John Carpenter's The Thing

Tron legacy

>marketing for this movie was so fucking bad that nobody saw it despite it getting rave reviews
>it will never get a sequel with the Dark Judges
I am a huge Judge Dredd fan and I didn't know this movie came out until it left theaters. I looked up when the release date was and found out it was almost out on fucking blu ray, what were they thinking?

how do you marathon one movie

3D is cancer. It makes movies look worse and more expensive... and we have a mediocre generic Avatar to thank for that. Fucking hell.

We're 80 replies in so just leave the bait alone, okay.

>Sup Forums thinks they are any better than Sup Forums when they have constant capeshit and walking dead threads every single day

Drive

Loved Karl urban in riddick so when I saw this I knew it was gonna be kino

I was just thinking the same thing about demolition man spooky hivemind

>Being this new.

Literally the only good cape flick and it barely even qualifies. Hell, the only person in the entire flick with superpowers was the fucking sidekick.

>Literally the only good cape flick
t. college dropout

It means no looking at your phone too. Harder than you think

I got a Masters degree, nigga.
And please, name me these cape flicks you think are so great.
This managed to have better action scenes and more character development than anything Marvel, DC, or Fox put out in the past year combined.

Dredd isn't cape tough. Every cape comic sterns from a comic book but not every comic book is a cape comic. By that logic, TWD is a cape book.

It's not Hollywood so it's kino.

>i
hey reddit