Post your town's war monument

Post your town's war monument

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@41.3684383,-89.464334,3a,75y,214.09h,83.11t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snK5S1b4XgIabfx5j-QitQQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Turkish_War_(1877–1878)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samara_flag
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_Lion_Memorial
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not really a monument... But it was founded by someone that fought in the Revolution

When was this dedicated?

our own "Ecce Homo" scandal

embarrassing

Is it WW1?

yes

I guess this one

WWII

what does it say

These 2, I guess

So which one of these is the ruined one?

it gets worse if you think someone was actually paid to restore the statue and presented that
and the major actually allowed it and shit
all "The Unknown Soldier" statues are based on this photo from Chaco war anyway

Monument for the Civil War

Don't have any good local ones except for forts and the submarinebase now being used as a datacenter/archive. But this one is like 1,5 hour drive from the city, commemorating those killed and burried in the Falstad forest(prisoners from a concentration camp for ethnic Norwegians).

These a 1km trail trough the forest behind the monument with pyramid like tombstones marking where massgraves were found after the war.

Glory to the Romanian soldiers, inheritors of ancestral heroic traditions, fearless fighters against fascism for the liberty and independence of the homeland.

This is a newer one. Never knew Americans fought here, thought the Soviets got to us first.

meh

>fearless fighters against fascism
but you were in the axis

WWII

Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn, NY. It's a civil war monument.

someone's trying to be the monument to the battle of then nations :D

We were neutral at first but seeing as France lost and Britain being too busy to give a shit about us, Russia took a huge chunk now known as the Republic of Moldova. Government popularity and neutrality went down the toilet.
King was deposed in a coup, Antonescu and his Iron Guard took over, they were buddies with ol' Hitler. After shit got out of hand with the Iron Guard, even Antonescu wanted to get rid of them. As the war went on, the King's son did his own coup and sided with the Allies.

This pose seems very popular.

my town demolished our grand army building in the early 20th century sadly, it had a fanciful scaled domed roof with garish gilded eagles sprouting from it

Why is the republican tricolor there? Or was at added/made more recently?

Fuck meant for

This shit right here. I literally laughed when I saw it for the first time in person. That thing in the background looks so out of place kek

it's like inception

Looks like the Arc de Triomphe and Brandenburg Gate had a baby.

We also have and Arch because can't let the French have all the fun. Also it pisses them off that Bucharest was once called Little Paris

Actually the lion represents the kingdom of Leon and the eagle the napoleonic France, idk if the one in your pic represents something too or is just because it's cool.

Kek exactly I do like how those two soldiers look tho, very good job by the sculptor.

WW1 Engineers Memorial. Our money is still called leu (lion). Apart from that, probably because it looks cool.

it's Russian Empire flag from 1700s

Wo?

Very somber, and sobering.

There's a little park that has memorials to all kinds of stuff.

My town has a spanish american war memorial, when I get home from work I'll post a pic

Monument to the Battle of the Nations
biggest monument in europe, i think

We have many... Pic related is from my town.

american soldier in WWII

It's from my hometown, but I live in a different place now
It just has the names of the people who left to go to war, and "1914-1918 1939-1945"

everyone posts WW II, so here is war against Teutonic Order for a change

Not in my town but pretty impressive to see

Use this one instead.

>mfw I live 50km away
When in elementary and middle school we went there every year
There is spooky stuff over there, like pic related

Imagine seeing that when you're fucking 8 years old

I guess it's not worse than a trip to the Catacombs

Soviet–Afghan War

why dont they clean this up

It's deep into the catacombs, there are actually 300km of tunnels under Paris from various centuries
Only 1.7km are open to tourists, and 6 millions of bodies were transfered to the Catacombs so you can imagine they aren't all properly sorted

just remembered that guy who stole a skull from the catacombs, fucked it, and posted pictures on Sup Forums.
he had a big dick.

Yeah I have the screencap but don't want my 24h ban

These are all pretty nice really.

War of Independence

Afghan war VDV sculpture
Always a blue-white striped crowd on August 2

the row on top right is triggering me

the most important war is the war for your soul

google.com/maps/@41.3684383,-89.464334,3a,75y,214.09h,83.11t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snK5S1b4XgIabfx5j-QitQQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I don't live here anymore, but have a look. It's for Civil War veterans, constructed in 1913

The 1877-1878 war.

I'm going to need more information on this one

Local world war memorial, lived near by to this at one point

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Turkish_War_(1877–1878)

The big thing is the Samara flag.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samara_flag

The entire city got burned to the ground by the retreating Ottoman army.

how come there's no one waving soviet flag / wearing red t-shirts and chugging vodka like russians do at our "victory park" on the may of 9th?

The Monument of Freedom.

Been there. It's pretty strange to stand there looking over the place and it's more like a weird park at first until you start to realize that all these stones stand for different people and that not everyone was lucky enough to end up having a proper grave. The design of the building kind of annoyed me, because it has a lot of phallic shapes, which takes away the serious tone.

Interesting. That's probably the most ridiculous/unique monument in the thread

That looks comfy as hell

Yup, it's a WWI memorial.

South-West countryside it is

you can also see Columbus' ships in the background

Honestly the pictures ruin it. The pedestal itself was a monument to the tower, the added photos make it look gaudy.

clever, one of my favorites ITT

In honor of Medal of Honor recipient, Fernando L. García Ledesma.

"...Pfc. Garcia, although suffering painful wounds, moved through the intense hail of hostile fire to a supply point to secure more handgrenades. Quick to act when a hostile grenade landed nearby, endangering the life of another marine, as well as his own, he unhesitatingly chose to sacrifice himself and immediately threw his body upon the deadly missile, receiving the full impact of the explosion..."

It's a monument for the red army in Vienna, built while we were under soviet occupation.

In honor of Major Fernando Ribas Dominicci

"On April 15, 1986, in response to acts of terrorism sponsored by Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi, the United States attacked key terrorist training facilities in Tripoli, Libya using 18 USAF F-111F fighter-bombers & 5 EF-111A Radar Jamming aircraft from bases in England. The attack was code-named Operation El Dorado Canyon.[2] This was part of a joint strike mission in coordination with US Navy aircraft which struck targets in Behghazi, Libya at the same time. Maj. Ribas-Dominicci was one of the pilots who participated in the air raid as member of the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing. His F-111F was shot down in action over the disputed Gulf of Sidra off the Libyan coast."

can't find nice pictures of WW2 or WW1 monuments
meanwhile posting building of National Museum that became one of monuments of russian occupation because of bullet holes from invasion

We have many war monuments in my city. Which is Utrecht, Netherlands.

looks great at night
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_Lion_Memorial

Battle of Poltava monument

Jewish monument

Not in my city. But this simple wall in Bloemendaal is actually one of the most famous war monuments in the Netherlands. Because it's often cited by people.

It reads:

A people that wields to tyrants
shall lose more than life and property
then the light goes out...

Really boggles your mind how historyless America is

>think of all local monuments
>commemorating battles fought long before America was discovered
>the clans are still alive today

My Town has a Korean war monument, literally the most irrelevant war ever

>freedom ain't free
wtf I thought that was a meme phrase

the first 3 rows are made with 60 captured french cannons, the 4th row is there because hitler wanted it to be taller

you should know better

We obviously have no monument for wars since we lost the last 2 WWs, but this is the biggest memorial for the dead soldiers of my city.
Back in the days there were burning bowls on the blocks to both sides.

We got this for 1870/71, tho.

I don't know, something with 3 guys being executed by the brits for destroying the police station in my town, as it was a british HQ.

pretty lame if you ask me.

There's only those pics on the internet and I'm not at home to take them

"To its glorious dead Le Val (the Valley) grateful" "1914-1918"