Asked what he thought of Jared Leto’s portrayal of the manic, deranged, murderous clown, in Warner Bros...

>Asked what he thought of Jared Leto’s portrayal of the manic, deranged, murderous clown, in Warner Bros. Suicide Squad, Hamill said that he loved his performance, adding that he hasn’t seen an interpretation yet that’s made him go, "That was terrible." Instead, Hamill explained, the key to enjoying different iterations of the character was to look for what that version needed to be in that moment. Jack Nicholson’s Joker, Hamill said, was very different from Heath Ledger’s simply because it had to be.

>"Everyone brings a different spin to the character and you have to look at each script separately," Hamill said. "I don’t think there’s a definitive version of the Joker and I don’t think there can be. It’s like Hamlet, really. It’ll be constantly redefined."

What do YOU think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Diplomatic as fuck

Mark Hamilton is gay

I like Leto Joker.

Still not as good as Drew's Joker though.

Hes somewhat right though. Joker is different from each version because that is actually in his nature to be so to have a truly same and predicable joker would also be tiresome, he truly is the wildcard of characters.

Hamill is so fucking based. I think the motorcycle wreck humbled him and kept him from becoming a narcissist like many other stars.

>he truly is the wildcard of characters.

*Dryheave* You embarrassing faggot.

>*Dryheave*

why did you type this roleplay shit, user. What's wrong with you

i liked the little i saw of it in the movie. dunno why people don't like it honestly

>emoting
>calling other people embarrassing
Pathetic

*sighs nonchalantly*

WELP...the other user was right, sir.

Are you implying he wants to fuck Leto's boipucci?

The thing that really like is that pic that circulated before the movie; the comic scene about joker saying "I only kill when it's funny" and people said look at this leto joker he's a betrayal!.
Heath Ledgers Joker was garbage. A moaning angsty gary stu that planted body bombs in police headquarters (lmao) and killed his own crew (if he didn't want the money, wtf?). He subjugated gangsters that he seemed to despise despite joker being the CLOWN PRINCE OF CRIME (ie he has always been a gangster, original joker has a cadre of mob bosses making money and getting turf for him). Heath Ledgers Joker was the worst bastardization of joker ever portrayed; a slimy basement dwelling creep who manages to live out his autist fantasies through plot armor and kills without humor.

I really like this new take on The Joker, he has potential.
It's been some time since we've had a mobster Joker.
He just gotta stop acting like an animal sometimes, be more like Miller/Morrison's version.
I think that he'll do great with a better script in the future Affleck movies.

No one itt is upset that he compared a fucking comic book series to shakespeare?

This board is way more shit than people think it is

No one cares you fucking beatnik

??????

Sup Forums is about shitposting and disliking movies. are u new?

Shakespeare was a faghit who stole other peoples work, furthermore it seems cultured due to the syntax and terminology but in reality it's the same media has always been; a dramatic imagining of fake shit designed to reel people in

youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM

That's not an answer give me one (1) example of ledger's joker acting at all in character

I think the Hamill Joker from the Arkham games is the definitive version. Clearly inspired by both the animated 90s Joker and the Ledger Joker.

DRUNKEN
HOBO
GEISHA

>the ledger joker
You crazy, son. Arkham Joker is the DCAU Joker.
Also, Arkham Asylum and CIty are both an extension of the DCAU (where the 90s animated series belongs), it even has the same VA cast and writers.

And then Origins and Knight ruined everything

>Clearly inspired by both the animated 90s Joker and the Ledger Joker
>Ledger Joker
But that's wrong you fantard.

Shakespeare wrote mass-appealing accessible shit for the plebeian masses. He was the capeshit of his day.

>it's ye olde english so it's intelligent xd

Arkham Joker is pretty different from the DCAU Joker. It's an R-rated version you could say

LOOK AT ME!!!

SHORTZ

>SHARKZ

THE SHERKZ

he's not saying the works are the same, just that the way the character is reinterpreted by their performers is the same

Why are you expecting reading comprehension from Sup Forums?

>and the Ledger Joker.
>clearly
You're dead wrong and you should know that.

Who knew that The Joker of all people would've made me gay.

of course, goes without saying

And Cameron loved T5. So? It's either senility or money.
>Joker is different from each version
>We've got cringy faggot wannabe MOMSGONNAFREAK gangsta in DCEU
And how is this fair or good?

>but in reality it's the same media has always been; a dramatic imagining of fake shit designed to reel people in

>what is fiction

Hamill is hardly senile, and as he says that people who don't like how Snyder runs things should complain, it's not a matter of money.

I didn't like Leto's voice acting. It didn't really sound like anything and I barely remember it. I can remember Nicholson's "Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?". I can remember Ledger's "Hi." to Dent. But Leto? His "I'm gonna hurt ya"? Nope. I gotta try really hard and piece it together. It's just underwhelming.

I loved that extended scenes personally but it's a matter of taste I guess.

*teleports behind you while you're dryheaving*

Choose your words more carefully, friend.

He's absolutely right, and Leto's joker failed more because of a shite script, shite direction, and an embarrassing PR campaign than Leto himself.

>Psychopath
Not even once. What is this shit meme.

Yeah, he's a totally well adjusted human being.

he's an edgelord faggot try hard

*uses my secret vampire shadow magic to teleport in front of you with ease*

Honestly, you mortals amuse me...

>secret vampire shadow magic
I'm pretty sure that's just called turning around.

>meme words
Yeah, not an edgelord. A textbook example of edgelord was Ledger's Joker.

Flashy clothes and tats =/= edgy.

The only thing this thread has taught me is that none of you understand joker and if this is what we can hope from people who actual care about this shit, it seems like the joker just became a blank slate to be wiped every few years.

I wish you'd drink bleach like all the other fags and spare us your future infographs and picture spamming, you annoying cunt.

>it seems like the joker just became a blank slate to be wiped every few years
It's always been like that, and I remind you that now in canon there are THREE Jokers.

>Joker
>Tats
pick one

the dumb tatts was the only thing I didnt really like about leto joker and maybe being shirtless all the time. WB and DC really fucked this movie up.

I don't have to pick. He's got a giant tattoo.

I'd pick the tats.
The Joker might kill me.

>All Star B&R
Into the trash

In a different timeline, Denis Villeneuve is in charge of the DCEU with Jake Gyllenhaal as the joker

Pick and choose your canon then.

You are a retard if you can't tell what's non-canon or canon.

We ended up in the shit timeline. Fucking hover boards and flying cars from Spacely Sprockets are gonna be delayed for another 20-30 years on top of when they were originally set to be released in this timeline.

To be fair, Trump won after Suicide Squad was created. SS2 has a very good chance at being extremely good now that the best timeline got memed into existence.

>Idiocracy is the best timeline
Look here vato, no amount of dubs is gonna convince me we've suddenly turned tarded

Luke Skywalker is fucking gay.

>Shakespeare was a faghit who stole other peoples work
nope

>Mark Hamill is Socrates
Who knew?

You're gay, fuck boy.

Leto's most iconic line was "hOnka honka" maybe you can remeber this one?

>Well what do we have here?
>I'm not gonna kill ya, I'm just gonna hurt you really, really bad.
>You don't want no beef?
>You're gonna be my friend
>I'm the Joker, baby!

>I don’t think there’s a definitive version of the Joker and I don’t think there can be.

Easy for you to say when you're the definitive version of the character.

I'm Christian, and I approve this message.

>p.s. the movie was most enjoyable

>Anarchist and Psychopath

>Different things

Nice try

WASTED and WRONG

He played with his voice, obviously trying to sound like the joker, but I couldn't tell which, he switched between Nicholson and Hamill

Let the man be humble.

Michelle Obama always looks so angry.

Anarchists believe in people ruling over themselves, no government or legislated laws, people coming together base don shared values.

Psychopaths cannot feels.

There is a massive difference you fucking pleb.

He's a cuck.