Wait so all the grimes posting is just a big ironic inside joke right...

Wait so all the grimes posting is just a big ironic inside joke right? Nobody actually thinks she is cute or makes good music right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HAHA of course it was a joke...
I mean LOOK AT HER

Yep

there it is

she has some okay songs, but looks wise she's a 2/10. she looks like she smells horrible

>Wait so all the grimes posting is just a big ironic inside joke right?
No. I only started posting here BECAUSE i like her music and a google search told that there were threads about it here.

so where is the backlash?

I like Visions and Geidi Primes and I think she's cute but I hate the aesthetics of her videos desu, too degenerate and tumblr quirky

wrong. everyone love grimes. even the haters. her music is awesome.

>I mean LOOK AT HER
grimey is just goofy. but she's dead serious about her music.

hi

thinking grimes is a meme is a meme

It's nice that she's carved out her own sort of niche in aesthetic and style with the quirky weeaboo shit and the sports brands, but yeah, the music isn't that good. It sort of comes off like a futuristic re-imagining of Animal Collective.

She's kinda cute in the Vanessa video.

She sometimes looks like she smells like old socks.

>tfw finally got Halfaxa
It's great lads

Id put in her poop shoot just because she’s famous.

I’d sing a jingle too.

Can you put a bag over your face!

bump

Honestly, I tried. But after meeting her at a party a few years back and realizing she's just as annoying as the rest of multicultural Marxist Vancouver crowd (so glad I don't live there anymore), it might have created a bias before I actually heard her music. But I can't figure out anything good about her stuff. Her voice is always so fucking quiet in the mix.

I'm willing to give it another shot. Best recommendation for starters?

>Best recommendation for starters?
What genres of music do you most commonly (willingly) listen to?

wrong

it's grimes

O SHIT

what do you want

yes, they really do like her music. Do more drugs , OP

bump

Goblin.

I dunno. I think she's pretty cute in some pictures. Kind of hit or miss. I get the impression she's trying to look retarded in half of her pictures.

As far as her music, it's okay. Only heard one or two songs. It's certainly better than most female pop singers, like Taylor Swift. Maybe I would like it if I were really high. It's dreamy.

The waifufaggotry has to be a meme though. There's no way.

>The waifufaggotry has to be a meme though. There's no way.
It's a Pavlovian response to her popularity. As a rule, women only get posted about regularly on Sup Forums if people find them incredibly sexy. And people tend to exhibit very strong/bizarre behavior (eg. waifufaggotry) in the face of raw sex appeal. At the same time, there are some exceptions to this rule (eg. if a women has an overbearing trait - such as talent in making music - she may got posted about regularly here despite a lack of sex appeal.) However humans are creatures of habit, and since 95/100 times a woman getting featured here is rooted in sex appeal, the other 5 tend to get treated (ie. waifufagged over) similarly by force of habit.

YES
FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT

bump

She's engaged in unspeakable sex acts with hundreds of execs and goons, and every day gets so inebriated she vomits and pisses herself before her handlers clean her up and give her more drugs.
When you realize this is the lifestyle of every, yes every, pop star, your waifuism will cease.
They're no longer human beings, and I don't mean that in a fedora way. Every facet of their personalities and actions are planned by the industry for their profit.

only a fool person who doesn't know grimes could write such a lame comment

Technical death metal, jazz fusion, electronica

makeapp confirms, grimes got permanent alien markings

would fuck that squirrel tbqh

bullshit post.
>It sort of comes off like a futuristic re-imagining of Animal Collective.
wtf are you smoking? she sounds nothing like animal collective, except a few influences on her first albums. songs like scream, oblivion and kill v. maim have nothing to do with anco.

She makes weird vocal based music via a bunch of pedals and vocal processors and has a self-conscious affect, it's the spirit of it that I'm talking about.

method =/= execution. she may used some anco tricks but the results were too different to be confused. your comment
>It sort of comes off like a futuristic re-imagining of Animal Collective.
is false. it's like you didn't even listen to all her albums.
also
>the music isn't that good
deserves a (You)

Correct, or it's Grimes herself

Bastard and EARL are better

I used the word re-imagining. She doesn't need to sound like a bunch of wood nymphs on ket to be in the vein of. Stop being a moron.

Why are you spamming this post all over the board?

Grimesposting is the final redpill

I'd say Darkbloom (a double EP she did with another Montreal artist.) Then Halfaxa followed either by Geidi Primes (for a raw-er sound) or Visions (for trippier electronic beats.)

she doesn't re-imagine anco, you stupid idiot. she has a few influences and that's all. re-imagining imply ripping off their music. stop being a dumb moron.

>year 2017 CE
>still no grimes gf

I said her music is like a re-imagining of Animal Collective, I said that from a top-down perspective. I did not say that she was trying to re-imagine Animal Collective, I said her process was like a re-imagining. That is different from claiming that Grimes intended to sound like Animal Collective. You threw up a couple of examples of songs you believe didn't sound like Animal Collective, but this whole time, you couldn't grasp that I was referring to an approach to equipment rather than songwriting influence.

It's like you want to be one of those spergy hair splitting argumentalists but you're too fucking stupid to do it properly.

I need to stop coming to Sup Forums

ikr

I actually think Grimes took the most of her early sonic footprint from Crystle Castles.

They were fucking huge and very cool around the time she started getting involved into music, and the sound on everything up to Visions is similar.

Geidi Primes is probably the biggest departure, a lot of it is closer to folk pop than synth pop.

it was pandaman - pitch person

that's how she learned about loops, not where she took her sound from.

really they sounded a bit different and its not like crystal castles where an innovative band

she'll never grow up

i really don't think they've been a group that's tried too hard to impress people like Grimes though

what was the point of art angels anyway?

lol this is why no one can take your shitty fanbase seriously

id like people to elaborate on her fanbase on here

I think I would be more open to her if her fans didn't make me cringe. It's like Aspergers and Grimes is all they can talk about.

I just find her music boring or annoying,

yeah no you're reinforcing the narrative again, you really don't know what you're doing but you completely puzzle the reality of the situation as much as possible

I actually love her shit, it's catchy and sometimes pretty smart. Stop hating on Claire ya pleb

could you talk about what's wrong with that comment? is it like his effort to make stupid arguments to begin with or what

Every time i think back to that performance at Coachella i still laugh to myself. Thank you Clarice for this eternal comedy.

hello please and thank you

imagine how much the boyfriend gets off on this. none of this makes sense user, let alone worked

Everytime I comment on these Grimes threads someone like you always pops up and says I'm "projecting" or making shit up. Dude, you're the one talking in David Lynchian dreamspeak.

hello please and thank you user grimes in store now you buy it

im in hell user

cc were far too 8 bit/chiptune to be a real influence. both cc and grimes did synthpop so they shared a few similarities. but far from "Grimes took the most of her early sonic footprint from Crystle Castles" claim.

why would you bother with presenting a real argument here in this environment? that does not make sense user. it doesn't make sense

grimes tried really hard to impress because music was the only thing she had after abandoning college and living almost like a hobo.
>She learned by doing. Boucher took gigs anywhere she could find them, playing shows in basements, lofts and bars with no monitors, and became more demonstrative and assertive as a singer and dancer behind her keyboards and sampler. “I was really poor and desperate,” she says. “I was driven by the idea that I had no other options.”
youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8

Whob'est'es is that with her?

>being influenced by fanbases
are you 12?

No, I don't. I buy some black market Thorazine for you instead.

i'm just wasting my time. everyone on Sup Forums could argue about grimes until the end of the days, the fact remains: she's one of the best (if not the best) artists of this decade. not even Sup Forums can change that.

Aural entertainment

Her name is unknown user. My sincere apologies

and skin disease

do you think became greedy with her success? like once maybe

I'ts like mlp, starts as a joke, ends in group maturbation.

I think she's cute, cool, pretty, funny and interesting and her music's 7/10, I mean sure, if it weren't for what's probably ironic grimes posting I would never have taken the plunge since I was a metalhead before but I really like her music now, yes even art angels.

i doubt it. she's still down to earth and very friendly with her fans. she even told her fans to pirate her first 2 albums. (there's a story about her ex-label arbutus being assholes.)
>7/10
that's too low, bro. she's 10/10.

ponyfags killed Sup Forums

Do you have a better argument than that?

Grimey... easy on the boobies

>starts as a joke, ends in group maturbation
user, you sound WAY TOO COMFORTABLE with that being a logical progression..

bump

God all grimesfags are so...dumb.

no. it's just you.

I think it's pretty plain to see how much Grimes was inspired by CC through the similarities of Visions and CCIII

is that alice glass

>I think it's pretty plain to see how much Grimes was inspired by CC through the similarities of Visions and CCIII
user, CC started production on album III in March of 2012. Grimes recorded Visions in August of 2011, and it was released at the end of January of 2012 (a month before CC III started.) If anything, influence would be flowing the other way round.

this. grimes never did chiptune-synthpop music like cc's debut, but cc 3 was clearly inspired by witch house and by her first 3 albums.

bump

I think she's plain looking at best but enjoy her music quite a bit t b h

she's so fucking disgusting