I would really appreciate an AOTY thread, gents

Show all your favorites! I feed on getting to hear a wonderful bunch of the best the year has to offer. I need MORE.

share and discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Oh9T4b5Zlk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Haven't listened to anything that came out this year
>I like prog rock
Anything I might like come out? It all looks like (c)rap and music by soy guzzlers to me.

the new Steven Wilson album is really good. It's not as good as Hand Cannot Erase but still a worthwhile listen.

looking for recs on art pop/indie pop/synthpop or any major releases that are worth checking out

have you heard brendan byrnes - neutral paradise? your chart looks familiar so i've probably recced it to you before.

maybe you might like the new blackfield album?

hey are you the same guy that was keen on that other paul dolden album that came out in 2014? if so, i remember you from the aoty threads back then

also this which i recently listened to. loved their previous album
youtube.com/watch?v=8Oh9T4b5Zlk

Yes, guilty as charged. Though I've posted other things in this thread too.

i need to give this another shot. loved rats and xed out but somehow i felt that the title track was a bit too weird, mostyly the singing in the refrain

Try "From Silence to Somewhere" by Wobbler. Very derivative but great stuff

>Polkadot Stingray - Capacity
>tricot - 3
>King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland
>Pretend - Comirculae Reasoning
>Brand New - Science Fiction

*Circular Reasoning
Goodness, I'm not in the best of states, I definitely should stop posting

AsOTY

Literally no contest. Pack it up boys. 2017 is officially over.

Have you heard Cende? EPOTY no contest.

My most listened to albums of 2017 (that were released in 2017), in order:
Playboi Carrot - s/t
Sufjan Stevens - Planetarium
Kelela - the one with her titties poppin

I'll also say that those are the only albums from 2017 that I think I'll listen to on regular basis in the future. That said these are some of my favorite records of the decade (probably all in my top 10)

Right now I'd say Without Warning, The OOZ, Stranger and SYRE are my contenders

>Carti
Patrician

every album that I recognize on your list is on mine, and the rest I haven't listened to. This is gonna be good. Here's a few that I've liked that maybe you haven't heard:
>Exquirla- Para Quienes Aun Viven
>death's dynamic shroud- Heavy Black Heart
>Jefre Cantu-Ledesma- On the Echoing Green
>Susanne Sundfor-Music for People in Trouble

Any love for Julien Baker?

This

i wasn't too big on her first one. it was above average at least.
haven't listened to her new one .not really interested since it seems like the same deal and she didn't seem to get the best of reviews.

yeah if you didn't like sprained ankle, its not likely that you will have different opinion on turn off the lights

i've heard a good amount of stuff this year, but these are the ones I keep on listening to

desu

that's crazy man because it was yesterday that the paul dolden album popped into my head for no reason and i didn't even listen to it, now suddenly here you are. spooky.

nah i'll give it a listen

Awesome hope you like it. I would be very interested to hear a better 2017 EP