Gonna post this here because i dont know where the fuck else to post it

gonna post this here because i dont know where the fuck else to post it

i have been playing music for four years. im about to start college in the fall, but until then, i am sitting around fucking around in my parents basement trying to make music.

EXCEPT I FUCKIN CANT

everything i play sounds like shit to me. literally anything. i play a cmaj7 on my keyboard to try and start something so i can MAYBE write something, and it literally sounds like complete shit to me. wtf is this. not to mention, my fucking basement where i keep all my instruments is a goddamn fucking mess and is the most disgusting thing ever. it depresses me and makes me not wanna go down and practice but i have no other place to put my fucking shit

every time ive tried to start a band, it's gone horribly. my friends just fuck around or we have a really good rehearsal and then someone drops and it's all fuckin over within the next few days.

even better, even though i want to learn how to produce and make music, i dont even have a good enough computer to do that.

dunno where else to post this, but how the fuck do i get out of this horrible depression? i dont want to practice, im not getting better, im not meeting any people to play with, everything sucks and sounds like shit and makes me feel horrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbOeO_frzvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a good environment/clean room itll make you feel better

my sides

for context: i own a drumkit, several guitars, and a beginner keyboard. piano and drums are my main instruments.

shut the fuck up poser

Whining will get you nowhere.
Sort yourself out, user.

first, lots of people experience this, all the time in all fields, so don't feel alone. second, you're not going to feel this way forever. some days or months or years everything you make will sound like shit but you will get through it user. take a break for a little bit if you need to but get back to it if you're serious about it and maybe come at it from a different angle, practice differently maybe.

>i dont want to practice
then quit whining. no wonder no one wants to play with you and you cant write a song
just do this and if you still dont want to practice, that's all on you

dont want to practice because everything sounds like shit to me retard

you're young as fuck. i've gone literal years without touching an instrument and still came out fine and have written tons of shit and had some success. if you need to take a break from music to clear your head it's no big deal at all. don't build it up to be some big fucking issue.

once you get to college there will be a lot of opportunities to meet with people who are serious about music and won't flake.

post your stuff so we can give you feedback

i cant make music because i dont have a fucking computer or anything to record myself with

Retard, you don't just learn how to make music in four years. Find some inspiration in literally anything and keep trying till more than your mom says your music sounds well. Jesus christ you dont need a good computer and abelton to make decent sounds you retard

get your shit together

also my ears are retarded and i have no idea how you niggers cover songs because every chord chart i find on the internet sounds fuckin wrong

what the fuck am i supposed to PRACTICE

>refuses to practice
>can't play/write
>no computer
Maybe music isn't cut out for you. I mean, if you don't enjoy it and you don't intend on getting better, then why are even trying? Seems sort of pointless to me, not to mention a waste of money. Just sell your instruments, that way they won't be wasted and can go to someone with actual musical aspirations. Plus you'll have more money.

then practice until it doesn't sound like shit. grow up

Why bother making this post if you're telling us you don't want to practice and want an easy way to success?

Fuck me you probably fantasize about how Kurt Cobain was such a cool artist and can kill himself with people caring.

Practice like people are telling you. If you don't do that then don't bother asking for help.

So you're tone deaf too? Oh boy. Learn scales, modes, arpeggios, performance techniques, stuff like that. Music really isn't as hard as you make it sound, literal children can do it without even being taught. Listen to this guy:

>waaah i dont want to practice because im 17

dude what

practice u fool, no musician has gotten good overnight

everything sounds like shit because you are emotionally drained atm, take a break, jerk ur meat and then try again

and dont cry about it on Sup Forums lmao

side note:
I don't think you need the internet to tell you what to pratice. You can literally just practice scales and that's at least a start. Music does not require math and if anyone tries to convince you (including yourself) that it's too complicated then you're just not trying

I do want to practice. I do want to get better. For a long time when I sat and worked on stuff I could pound it out for a few hours and by the time I had to do it it was perfect. Now everything feels like a waste of time. Notes, chords don't sound good. I can't cover anything bc tone death and online chord charts are wrong 99% of the time

Kiddo, the only enemy to learning music is yourself. Stop making excuses and make the decision of do you want to play or move on. Don't beat a dead horse

If you sound like shit that means you're trying new things, it's a good thing. Now stop asking for people to suck your dick

Take all your shit out of the basement, make the space non-disgusting, and then put your kit back in with consideration of the space itself so it doesn't make your headspace worse.

Ahh, the Jordan Peterson method

is this the canadian professor dude?

youtube.com/watch?v=XbOeO_frzvg

Just a joke. He talks about how hard something as simple as cleaning your room can be, great motivation