This was his best album, and an incredible way for him to go out

This was his best album, and an incredible way for him to go out

Do you agree Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2002/06/09/arts/david-bowie-21st-century-entrepreneur.html?pagewanted=all
youtube.com/watch?v=b6J44zGDb6g
youtube.com/watch?v=WP9MlgyZgZc
youtube.com/watch?v=FiK7s_0tGsg
youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7z8_z8AGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>bowie died of cancer in january 2016.

>best album
yes.

His albums all suck but this one sucked the least

>I'm gonna die
>Like a black star in the sky
He was losing his touch for lyrics IMO

It's great but the tracklistings needed reshuffling. It's swinging too much as it is. I was also really bummed out that a lot of the songs were already released before the album, but then again I can't expect a man going thru chemo grinding in the studio. I love the jazz direction and I'm really glad No Plan for released. Definitely would put it somewhere in my top 5.

Not all of the tracks were released, the Blackstar track was also cut down. I think that we'll get some of the tracks on his birthday anniversary.

>Blaze (which is a confirmed track, I'm hopeful that this one gets a release next Jan)
>When Things Go Bad
> Russian Black Man of Moscow
>Somewhere
>Wistful
>Duet with Lorde (Bowie recorded his vocals at least - confirmed by Donny McCaslin)
>Blackstar (full length 10+ minute version)

That would be amazing. Hopefully they aren't going to pull a Hendrix and space it out one song per best of boxset at a time.

You've put me in an awkward situation here, cause I don't want to bash my on dream boyfriend but Blackstar was NOT his best album.

Best albums are Low and Diamond Dogs.

Blackstar is still 9/10 worthy!!

RIP

oh these tracks and the official TLS tapes are the only thing that I'm optimistic for. But looking back at all the other re-releases, especially the box sets, I think that they would do as you said
>space it out one song per best of boxset at a time.

But I'm still hoping that Blaze would be released, Visconti talked about ti.

That practice pisses me off so much. There's so many fans that will never get to hear the music. All jsut so that the fucking music industry can stuff their pockets even more exploiting a dead man.

OHH ITS SUCH A CRIMINAL WORLD

I agree, it's really sad. Bowie has a lot of die hard fans, they know that people will pay a lot for all of the unreleased stuff, they just want to monopolise everything.

And then they have the gall to say piracy is the problem lol

Stupid kikes, I ain't paying $60 for a box set for one new song

Bowie himself talked about these sort of things years ago, it's interesting to read
>''I don't even know why I would want to be on a label in a few years, because I don't think it's going to work by labels and by distribution systems in the same way,'' he said. ''The absolute transformation of everything that we ever thought about music will take place within 10 years, and nothing is going to be able to stop it. I see absolutely no point in pretending that it's not going to happen. I'm fully confident that copyright, for instance, will no longer exist in 10 years, and authorship and intellectual property is in for such a bashing.''

>''Music itself is going to become like running water or electricity,'' he added. ''So it's like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. You'd better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because that's really the only unique situation that's going to be left. It's terribly exciting. But on the other hand it doesn't matter if you think it's exciting or not; it's what's going to happen.''
nytimes.com/2002/06/09/arts/david-bowie-21st-century-entrepreneur.html?pagewanted=all

Hopefully someone would leak Blaze just like they did with TLS

>diamond dogs better than blackstar
I don't think so dave.
Low is though.

Blaze and Somewhere are one in the same I believe. I know an another alternate version of Blackstar exists. This is the version that was used for "The Last Panther" opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=b6J44zGDb6g

i believe Bowie was also one of the first people to have an ISP, he's a very forward thinking man

Shit I'm not even mad copyright exists, I'm just mad that Disney is extending it to authors life + eternity. So much art that will get lost to the time...

Yeah but the plan was kind of shit. It was basically subscribe to us to get extra Bowie stuff.

they could be. Blaze and Russian Black Man of Moscow are the tracks that I keeping my eyes peeled for. Also here's where the When Things Go Bad track rumour came from
youtube.com/watch?v=WP9MlgyZgZc

he was very optimistic about the Internet, at least in the early days.
youtube.com/watch?v=FiK7s_0tGsg

I got the Blaze/Someday connection from Nicholas Pegg's The Complete David Bowie.

"Slated for inclusion on Lazarus musical but ultimately unused, Blaze began life as Someday. It was the final vocal recording David would do before his death." According to Nicholas, the lyrics saw David "returning to his long cherished motif of Space Travel..."

With the discovery of Shilling the Rubes (albeit in the Signma tape, which is now in private hands), Blaze has taken the place as the holy grail of Bowie's unreleased catalog.

interesting, seems like I'll have to buy the '16 edition of his book now. Do you think that we'll get the demo tapes of all these songs leaked?

Doubt it. Consider the secrecy the sessions were undertaken in, it would have to be leaked by either one of the musicians, the technical staff, or Bowie's inner circle.

I think we'll get the tracks officially released eventually. As for now, I'm just waiting for the original version of Shadow Man to be officially released. That and another Box Set for the Serious Moonlight - Sound + Vision era.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7z8_z8AGY

what did he mean by this?

Eh, the bootleg version of Shadow Man is fine enough for me

>original version of Shadow Man
I'd love that but the version that was released in Nothing Has Changed compilation will be by favourite Bowie song nonetheless.

Do you have the whole Shadow Man outtakes? I could upload them if you want them.

There are so many Bowie bootlegs and demo recordings (at least of the 70s) that it's hard to keep up with them.

I have that under another name.

i love blackstar but the rise and fall of ziggy will always be my favourite, so many memories attached to it

petty cunt

>This was his best album
nope
>and an incredible way for him to go out
He could've left on a much worse note, that's for sure.
Scruff's a straight savage.

IMO Lazarus should've been the final track (ICGEA is a great closer but Lazarus would've worked better) or at least come later in the album. It sounds way too final to be track 2.

Diamond Dogs is barely top 10

imagine singing about your approaching death and it still being called melodramatic.

almost everything else he said was so fucking dumb i cant even start to get into it holy shit like this might top the beatles meme in pettiness. suck beefharts dick more you no talent hack and suck it in such a way that you ignore all the rules of conventional dick sucking and create a new painful dickrending way.

his only non-trash album more like

Heroes is best, but Blackstar is still pretty dang good

I need the unedited Blackstar track in my life now

Station to Station was his best album. The rest had good singles.

I agree but holy shit you are mad

I was slightly irritated I felt like I had to type it like that to sell the joke I was trying to make more I wasnt mad like THAT. But yeah what he said was pretty stupid

Best album since Low.

Hunky Dory > Ziggy Stardust > Station to Station > Low > Aladdin Sane > Blackstar > Man Who Sold the World > Heroes > Young Americans > Space Oddity > Diamond Dogs > Scary Monsters > David Bowie > Lodger

These are all the ones that are 5/10 or higher, the rest are trash.

And just to clarify...

>10 / 10
- Hunky Dory
- Ziggy Stardust
- Station to Station
- Low

>9 / 10
- Aladdin Sane
- Blackstar

>8 / 10
- The Man Who Sold the World
- Heroes

>7 / 10
- Young Americans
- Space Oddity

>6 / 10
- Diamond Dogs
- Scary Monsters

>5 / 10
- David Bowie
- Lodger

its up there.
my favs are low, scary monsters and hunky dory.

No. It's a tie between these two for his best album.

>These are all the ones that are 5/10 or higher, the rest are trash.
Fuck you

I can understand Outside, but Earthling, really?

>Lodger that low
>Hunky Dory that high
delet yourself

Blackstar > The Leon Suites > 1.Outside > Low > Heroes > Ziggy Stardust > Station to Station > Earthling

The rest are irrelevant, though Black Tie White Noise is one of Bowie's best songs

Well for me, the tracks on Earthling I like:
Little Wonder
Looking for Satellites
Battle for Britain (The Letter)
Seven Years in Tibet
Telling Lies
I'm Afraid of Americans
Law (Earthlings on Fire)

I listened to Bowie alongside Queen when I was 12 years old, and a lot of their work really drove future music discovery by opening me to stuff I'd never heard before.
On one hand, you have tracks like
Queen - The Hitman
and
David Bowie - Suffragette City
which opened me to a more hard rock sound, but in retrospect they're fairly bread and butter. Bowie may have been a flagship, but at the end of the day, those older rock tracks weren't doing anything that was stylistically standing out against a heap of other artists.
The darkness and tension in songs like The Heart's Filthy Lesson, and I'm Afraid of Americans, was the other piece of the puzzle pushing me towards the metal of my mid teens. The difference is, unlike the more standard Queen and David Bowie, and unlike the metal I then went on to listen, Bowie's 90's music has held onto all the distinctiveness and character I thought they had. Of everything I listened to before about the age of 16 or 17, those albums pretty much have the most staying power for me.

>no Dead Man Walking
t r a s h

It's the most boring, one dimensional track on the album.

Ziggy Stardust and Heroes are both better albums.

Blackstar is still great.

Yeah, Lazarus and Blackstar should have been near or at the end. It's kind of weird when it goes from two songs singing about his own death to more upbeat stuff like Tis A Pity and Girl Loves Me.

Eh, who cares about Scaruffi. I bet he's a very lonely person. It's really easy to tell.

Scarruffi the "Critic is the artist"

It's a great album but I just can't get into it. It's music Bowie wanted to make and wanted to go through creating moreso than music he meant for his fans. Great but just not my thing. I think it's better that I can respectfully put it down than it be something I literally can't enjoy.

tfw he did give everything away...

it's absolute shit that poseurs consider a masterpiece for cred
before he died general consensus was 7/10
after he died everyone was shitting themselves over it and saying "muh 9/10"
in actuality it's a 5/10 at best

but when Blackstar (the single) released it was the best song of 2015 and Bowie was still alive?

Not his best, But I would say it's quite high in his albums. Though Blackstar is my favorite song on the album. The way he was so close to death and he died doing what he loved, not only that, but some of the lyrics, some of which being being (Sorry to be that guy) near enough demonic. It puts a new twist on music and that is a main reason I mostly enjoy the album.