I am interested in watching Black Mirror. But how heavy is this show? Will it mentally fuck me up...

I am interested in watching Black Mirror. But how heavy is this show? Will it mentally fuck me up? I am just asking because there were certain shows that really mentally fuck with my head, in the traumatic memory kind of way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChUcIpIiOlk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For us patricians it's a walk in the park.
But it sounds like you're a pussy so it'll probably fuck you up.

Not very clear of an answer.

Well, look at it this way: the show is a psychological horror anthology series with bleak situations, "mindfuck" twists, and downer endings. So yes, it'll fuck you up badly if you're a pussy.

Just because you don't explicitly use the word "Trigger warning", doesn't make it any less funny tbqhfamalam.

I watched the first two episodes today
The first one was fun as hell
The second one was both boring and frustrating

Tbh it's much tamer than I was expecting. Your average normie would happily enjoy the show and walk away not disturbed in the least bit.

It depends, every episode has the potential to do so, but in completely different ways, some episodes will leave you unfazed, some will stick with you for day, which episodes these are completely depend on your own personal anxieties, BM is a show that's so consistently great that the top 10 episodes ranking will drastically vary from person to person.

There are four types of episodes, all heavy as fuck.

1: The real world modern day episodes that have 0 sci-fi elements. These are troubling in a "this could happen to me RIGHT NOW" kinda way.

2: The scary future episodes, episodes that actually make you worry about the future as I can totally see any of them happening. All bleak.

3: The existential crisis episodes, very mindfucky, these give you a crushing feeling of bleak nihilism, often end in "fates worse than death".

4: The horribly depressing episodes, one of which left me feeling bummed out and nihilistic for three days (shut up and dance.)

>Will it mentally fuck me up?

What the fuck? If a tv show can "mentally fuck you up" you have some very, very severe issues. Or you're a weak nu male. Probably the latter.

Jesus Christ what has 4 chan become
look at all these pussies

>The second one was both boring and frustrating
That's basically all the other episodes. The first one is the most different one. If you dislike dumb frustration scenarios, that you know would never happen in real life, then don't even bother with this shit series.

>If a tv show can "mentally fuck you up" you're a weak nu male
This.

>shut up and dance making you depressed and nihilistic
Dude, don't download shady af programs, cover your webcam, and don't fuck kids. It's that simple.

what's funny is in class today the person in front of me had a sticker over their webcam. I wonder if it was because of that episode lol.

Just don't take it too seriously and you'll enjoy it.

You sound like a HUGE pussy

I liked the Playtest one.

I got a depression and PTSD from some of the episodes I recommend that you DO NOT WATCH IT!

Don't watch this show if you do drugs

weak bait

My wife's son killed himself after watching ten seconds of it. It's too dark, OP. Don't watch it.

>It's too dark
The show or your wife's son?

i went into labor watching it and i'm a dude

Don't worry, this show is not smart enough to fuck you up one tiny bit.
All the messages they try to give you boils down to 'technology will fuck you up' either by the government or bad people or your own obcessions.

I enjoyed the first season more, though the second is equally good (except the lesbians episode that only exists to tell you gay marriage is ok) i loved the soldier episode (reverse engineer) i think it had potential to be something bigger but thanks to budget limitations it all revolts within personal range.

This.

I feel like they always do a great job with character development but the premise for most episodes is dumb as fuck

>the second is equally good
But you're talking about the third

lmao I bet you're a bojack horseman fan

A show can't fuck you up but it can deffinatelly reheat some shit you have buried under.
This one time i was watching some cultural garbage show while trying sleep, this one strange short movie started, there was an orange filter in the image and the setting was a hand animated desert, there was a couple and they were dancing, they kept dancing until the woman stopped and she fell on the floor and died, the man just stopped and stared at her as the moon and the sun rushed over his head, she went on a hand animated decomposition and became grass, the man just stood in there ignoring the time, his feet became roots, his arms became branches, the short ended with a tree surrounded by grass in the middle of the desert.
Mom died first, dad died 1 year after, my life felt empty without them... like a desert.

My mistake.

The lesbian one was cute tho

Specially the black one.

I've only seen 3 episodes, but shut up and dance was one of them, and I honestly just found it funny. The whole scheme was so convoluted, there were so many ways someone could have traced back to the blackmailers. It was totally unbelievable. Also the scrawny little kid manages to kill the 40-year-old pedo in the woods wtf

skip san junipero . its the worst episode of the new season

Really? I thought it was one of the better ones. What didn't you like about it?

i guess its because im not a huge fan of love stories. they're a bit too overused and boring. Also it didnt really have the same kind of feel as the other episodes

Watch the very first episode. If you can handle that, you can handle anything the show throws at you. Nothing is quite as intense (or indeed, as good) as that first episode.

If you can watch that, then go ahead and watch the rest of the series, it's damn good.

So how did you guys feel about this?

Nice edgy comment. I am sure you felt like a tough guy after making that comment.

Maybe not today, but if I was younger like 17 shows could be more traumatic potentially, that's when I was having problems. I am sure you are just projecting that you feel like a huge pussy though or why else would you capitalize 'huge',

That episode really hit me hard, i would never watch it again

its not like pedos are known for their physical prowess

Tv shows can not mentally fuck you up.

Many episodes will give you the 1984 vibe.

Agreed.

I watched the Bee episode today ... it was the fucking best.

The first episode is fucking gold, I can't put into words how I felt after watching it.

My favourite episode.

Season 1
Ep 1: Kind of trite. It's supposed to be shocking, but plays kind of boring. Show gets better after this.
Ep 2: I liked it, but I can definently see why people would have a distatste for it. Reminds me of a Ray Bradbury story. The ending is really strong however.
Ep 3: This episode introduces a fairly divisive element of the show. That being the inclusion of technology that seems impossible for modern society to accept. A device constantly recording everything you see and hear will stretch some people's suspension of disbelief too far. But if you can get past that, this is one of the strongest and most emotional episodes of the series.

Season 2:
Ep 1: The episode has a strong premise, but jumps the shark about halfway through. While it is set up beforehand, the core concept loses some of its impact. Luckily we get a gratuitous sex scene with Hayley Atwell. Unfortunately, the gratuitous sex scene adds nothing to the episode, and is really only there to establish how "mature" the show is. This is in contrasts to season 1 episode 3's sex scene, which intelligently played into the episode's themes, and expanded on the use of the technology in the episode. I'm not a huge fan of this episode's ending though.
Ep 2: Strong episode, up until the concept is taken too far near the end. I don't want to spoil it, but the fact that the twist in this episodes will repeat, dampens the impact.
3. Meh, weakest episode of season 2. One interesting idea is brought up and implied by the after credit scene, but everything else is rather dull.
4. One of the top episodes of the entire show. Absolutely brilliant set up and mind fuck, but the ending again dampens everything by trying too hard to be depressing and edgy. Characters that didn't really need to be punished, are, for some inexplicable reason. Still one of the best things to come from the show.

I'm quite a pussy and I can tell you there's nothing scary about it

Only 1 episode but it's so poorly made and predictable you'll laugh

Only seen up until episode 3 of season 3.

Episode 1: Fine enough, does its job. I like the ending to this a lot though, but everything else has been done in better stories before.
Ep 2: pretty generic horror movie premise. Goes too far trying to mindfuck the audience, for no real reason. Only episode I think can be skipped.
Ep 3: Really, really good. Possibly best episode of the show. Works really well because everything in the episode could happen to anyone, right now. Pinnacle of what Black Mirror should strive to be.

>Will it mentally fuck me up?

oh it will. it will turn normies into complete degenerate hypertrannies who need to eat cum to feel normal.

best to avoid it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ChUcIpIiOlk

My nigga, most people thought The National Anthem was weak but it was a fucking rollercoaster for me. I've seen every episode and none of them can top the suspense of the first one for me.

It won't fuck you up, but it isn't very good either.
The scenarios presented are universally stupid, the sort of technofear Neil of The Young Ones might dream up. The show gets away with it because it masquerades as satire, really it's just sci-fi written by a hack.
Watch original Twilight Zone or cherry pick films, Black Mirror is barely worth watching, let alone reflecting on.

>Episode 1: Fine enough, does its job. I like the ending to this a lot though, but everything else has been done in better stories before.

Examples of it done before? I really like this episode quite a lot, given how much I can see it happening right around the corner.

me too but the ending ruined the whole thing

lel

>except the lesbians episode that only exists to tell you gay marriage is ok
there's literally nothing wrong with gay marriage you monkee. It's about equality.

I'm not a fan of love stories either but I loved this one because it was well done.

yeah it has the same kind of suspense as Shut Up And Dance in a way that puts you in the MC's skid. Plebs hate it because "pig fucking eeeew where's le technology?"

>ep 1.2
>strong ending

le anti establishment nigger is actually part of the establishment HOW IRONISTIC!!!1

but oh how enjoyable that gratuitous s2e1 sex scene was...