ITT: Great looking vinyl records

ITT: Great looking vinyl records

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Bon-Iver-Bon-Iver-Bon-Iver/release/4991248
youtube.com/watch?v=BbPE1f9AzoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer it to be black, just like your mom does.

das it mane

I've always seen Newbury exclusives around the internet and a lot of them look fucking dope. How do they sound though? I'm not gonna shell out slightly more for a cool color if the sound quality ain't there

One of the nice things about the resurgence of vinyl is the advancements in plastics technology. It's amazing to see the colour range we can get on albums now. Pic related is mine, the pink one is Bastard Noise and the green is The Northern Pikes.

I've bought plenty from Newbury. They're just a distributor as far as I know, so it depends on the pressing. Pic related, Lonesome Crowded, Awesome Wave, Diary, and Whenever if Ever sound great. Hummingbird and WYW are decent, but came in a little dirty. Just do your research on discogs if it's still in stock

Just picked this one up the other day. Great album, too. Goblin Cock - Necronomidonkeykongmicon.

Ah ok, so it's theoretically just as good sounding as other standard black pressings out there? Nothing's different except the color?
Why is starburst vinyl so patrician Sup Forumsros?

They're pretty good for the price. The one I go to sometimes sells "used" ones for like under 20 bucks. They're labeled used but 90% of the time they've just been opened and returned in near perfect condition. It's pretty sweet. I got Earth 2 light blue colored for 15.99.

>Ah ok, so it's theoretically just as good sounding as other standard black pressings out there? Nothing's different except the color?
Normally you'll be fine, but it varies. A Moon Shaped Pool had a weak colored pressing. Black vinyl is generally more durable in the grand scheme because of the chemical content of black vinyl, but that really won't make a difference, despite what anyone will say. Maybe if you played your records in the heat 24/7. There's nothing inherently wrong with colored, so just do research on individual pressings.

but specifically regarding Newbury, it'll just depend on what the label supplies them with. Sometimes it may be a generally bad pressing, but in rare instances, it'll be better. For example: discogs.com/Bon-Iver-Bon-Iver-Bon-Iver/release/4991248

Is there like a bluray.com equivalent for records? Where they actually judge the quality of the release as opposed to the music itself?

BoC remix of Nevermen - Mr Mistake on 7" picture disc was one of my favourite pickups of the year, that and the Predator OST on camo coloured vinyl.

Discogs, but you'll have difficulty with smaller/limited releases because you have to hope that out of the people with the record, some will have decent systems. Out of those, some will use discogs. And out of those, only some will feel like contributing.

im thinking of getting some vinyls what's a decent cheap record player?

LP120, U-Turn Orbit, Pro-Ject Debut series.

>cheap

don't call them vinyls you mongoloid. But yeah, what said. You may be tempted to go for the AT-LP 60 to save money, but take it from me: don't. Half of my records sounded slightly higher pitched than usual due to the LP 60's abysmal speed accuracy

youtube.com/watch?v=BbPE1f9AzoA

Black Smoke pressing of I'm In Your Sick Riffs. It looks a little silly still, but if you spin it on a black or dark textured slipmat it looks trippy as fuck

>Le "Look at this pretty plastic"
shut the fuck up nerds

>amazon music

*tips fedora*

which limited edition variant did you miss out on, user? let out your frustrations.

I am a fan of vinyl, but...

i never go out of my way to buy a record for its special edition or colored vinyl but its always a pleasant surprise when i open one up and find something thats not the basic black

i hope you forget to check on your noodles next time you make mac n cheese and burn your house down.

>Caring about the color of records
gb2 /r/vinyl

This happened to me a few weeks ago, didn't burn house down, but seemed like someone threw a smoke grenade in my kitchen.

>stop discussing music related products on a music board

the I Don't Like Shit I Don't Go Outside clear/blue vinyl, my man ;-;

PL-990 is what I use it's yet to disappoint

>colored vinyl
Why?

same fagging so hard right now

Is that a liquid-filled record?

if you want to see all kinds of crazy ass shit just look at the poly pressings

needledrop is doing a decagonal picture disc

Oh yeah I'm well aware of all the crazy different types of pressings lol, I've seen liquid/gel-filled records before. Just was curious as to if that one was one of those or just has a design that makes it look like that, hard to tell from a still picture

There's way too many

Lurk your local thrift stores.

Everything pressed by Omerta Inc

>picture disc
melon confirmed pleb

black sounds better

I see what you did there.

My copy of Death Penalty of Witchfinder General was on red vinyl. I'd post a picture but it got stolen a long time ago.

it's needlejuice records you melonheads. also greenway records does some beautiful pressings

holy fuck you people are little girls. your vinyl looks like a fruit rollup. get yourself a MLP picture disc or something desu

>black picture disc
Talk about trendy

wow was this one a limited run?

I have this.

I do too and it sounds like ass, they better remaster it for vinyl because every other record they pressed sounds better

bump

Fishmans - 98.12.28 is just a variation of pastel purples on black and it's sick