Why aren't there many conservative comedians?

Why aren't there many conservative comedians?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7f0GStBCeUU
youtube.com/watch?v=J67AodOb1e4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because being a comedian means pandering to retarded people, and the average retarded person is a liberal.

Because things like unemployment, debt, GDP, and race tensions aren't funny.

Implying this man is not the greatest comedian of our time.

>average retarded person is a liberal.
(X) doubt.jpg

they're not allowed to be famous (((comedians)))

It isn't funny to make fun of people trying to destroy civilization.

That Jew literally has the broadcast company he's contracted under to pay 30 writers to write jokes for him. He's not a comedian, he just pretends to be.

Comedy requires wit

Bit off topic but I always liked Jon Stewart. An insufferable liberal and a jew but still pretty funny and likable guy. Daily Show was still funny when he was host.

Comedians are usually fairly conservative, just not according to the Sup Forums definition of conservative. What I assume you're asking is why there are no alt right SJW Nazi comedians. That's because they aren't smart enough to understand comedy, let alone do it themselves. That's why 99% of what's considered "funny" on this website now is repeating memes; no one here is clever anymore.

this goes with the question Why comedy sucks?

most great comedians would be considered conservatives today

youtube.com/watch?v=7f0GStBCeUU

not literally of course.

One of the most successful comedians of all time is Jeff Foxworthy. There are plenty of conservative comedians, but they're not in LA or NYC which are the comedy cities in the US.

Because they can't take a joke, let alone make one

they are the joke

*drops mic*

/thread

>unemployment
5%

>debt
Not an issue

>GDP
Growing

>race tensions
Who started them?

Because conservatives are generally busy making a joke of themselves.

I'm trying to think of conservative comedians with conservative audiences
All I can think of is Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy

That classic liberal wit ladies and gentlemen.

Canned jokes form the Bush era, hope you like them because you're getting the leftovers for the next 4 years

t. Michelle Obama

upvoted

What are you talking about Alex Jones is hilarious.

an example of a conservative comedian can be found in watchmen

Foxworthy net worth = 100mil
Cable Guy=50mil
Louis ck=20mil
if you want to make money start making jokes about guns and pickups folks

Truly funny comedy requires a large degree of self-awareness.

Your entire country is getting leftovers for the next four years

Just hope they'll last that long

Sorry, missed

The better question is: can liberals be considered comedians when they are, in fact, propagandists?

If Trump goes down you think he isn't taking the rest of us with him?

>because being a comedian means pandering to retarded people
It didn't used to be. Only edgelords like Carlin milked that hippy liberal prostate. A lot of older guys don't do tours anymore because millennials can't stand hearing things outside their safespace ideals

Can anyone not be considered a propagandist?

Because there is a certain meanness and disingenuity to conservatism that either isn't funny, or simply attracts unfunny cunts.

Because most comedians get their material from being miserable. Generally speaking liberals are more moody and depressed the conservatives so they tend to end up being the more creative types

>Jon Stewart looks like he got Philadelphia AIDS from Tom Hanks

Was Trump the final nail in his coffin?

There are some but the industry discriminates against them. Those who want to have a career are in the closet. There just a few exceptions like Bruckheimer and Grammer.

Comediants have been traditionally mocking everyone that stands out from the norm. Does that count as conservative?

Comedy makes light of the status quo.
Conservativism is about keeping the status quo (or the previous status quo)

You were saying?

Because the best humor comes from "punching up" ex. The king tripping and falling down stairs is funnier than an old poor man tripping and falling down stairs. Conservatives tend to attract a lot of authoritarians who value order, rules, and power structures so they are less inclined to wish to weaken positions of power by mocking them. CEOs of Fortune 500 companies for ex plane are people to be respected and admired, where the left will gladly lampoon them as capstan planet villains, etc... Also most targets of conservative humor tend to be disadvantaged groups and a lot of the humor is just edgy race baiting for the sake of it.

People complain that the Jewish media companies prevent conservative comedians from getting a chance to shine, but there aren't even any conservative comedians on YouTube or other open platforms.

Is there any data to back this up?

t. Wolf Blitzer

Is that why liberals spent so much time in the last 8 years "punching up" with jokes about the President?

oh wait, that didn't happen

There are plenty of conservative comedians. The majority of people who watch comedians are liberals though, so the popular ones are going to be liberals for the most part. If you go to comedy shows and don't just blindly attribute comedy to someone's name due to star power (Louis CK, Bill Burr, etc.) then you'd realize that the unknown comics are literally just as good as the ones that are household names.

>punching up means blindly attacking literally everyone who has power
First there has to be something to make fun of. Obama's presidency is just sad as opposed to Bush's goldmine of idiocy.

>Satire is dying because satirists are too successful

Plenty of liberals made jokes about drones and guantanamo, larry wilmore did it right to his face

YOU DON'T "OWN" COMEDY
IT'S NOT YOURS
IT NEVER WAS
YOU'RE NOT FUNNY
YOU JUST MAKE STRAWMAN ARGUMENTS AND LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND CRITICAL DISCUSSION GO CRAZY

You're fucking joking right? There were more than enough opportunities for liberal comics to make fun of Obama, like there are for any President. Obama, being black, qualified for "punching down" - in fact if you criticized Obama people like Jon Stewart and other liberals who call themselves comedians would call you a racist. Even though Obama is more privileged than perhaps 99% of white men in this country.

There are plenty of Conservative comics, look at the huge success of the Blue Collar Tour. There are also more intellectual conservative comics like Dennis Miller, who still has a huge following in this country

Because good comedy stems from truth and wit and conservatives have neither to offer

Is that addressed at LIBRULS? You do understand that most comedians basically have zero shits to give about liberal arts college students because those cretins shun anything remotely intelligent, despite being liberals themselves?

But Jon Stewart is pretty much the epitome of intellectual integrity when it comes to US TV personalities.

Maybe you're the one who doesn't quite know how to reflect on your own opinions.

Because the industry is owned by Liberals.

Why would you risk having your career stone-walled by some intolerant liberal Jew executive? Why not just pander to Liberals for easy attention and cash by maintaining the safe status-quo.

Yeah fucking 7 years into his Presidency and on an obvious campaign promise that he made twice, and it had to be a black comic doing it.

It's a fucking joke to pretend that "punching up" is funnier also, funny is fucking funny, and often times punching down and being deliberately cruel is funnier than attacking someone we all "agree" is "fair game"

How is Obama being black funny? Enlighten me.

yeah nah i try not to take a side and look at arguments on merit

hes a straw manning bitch

this site kinda contradicts his own post

Because the truth isn't funny.

It's harsh and depressing.

Whenever they criticise that sort of thing, they never mention Obama by name. It's always "america is doing this." They always used to name Bush.

It's because he was black that he was given this shield, not that because he was black he should have been made fun of.

Because they're too busy whining about everything to laugh.

Being liberal is the mainstream right now.

And like anything mainstream, 70% - 90% of it is mouth-breathing cattle.

Why do you want there to be?

You're doing the thing where you make assumptions and have to force people to prove you wrong, that's called argument from ignorance
please have some logical integrity

yeah you sound like a true inspiration

Literally the opposite of this is true. It wouldn't be funny if comedians were pointing things out that weren't true, no one would care, it would just be stupid.

>There are also more intellectual conservative comics like Dennis Miller

Dennis Miller is notoriously an opportunistic conservative, who only started taking right-wing stances in order to keep his career going.

And you think this specifically is the case, why exactly?

Personally I don't think a calm, calculating and relatively boring personality is not a good source for jokes, especially juxtaposed to cretins like the Bushes or charismatic creeps like Bill Clinton. But maybe I'm wrong, you could point out some funny characteristics to Obama.

ill fuck you till you love me faggot

ah yes, good to see another gentle sir who knows his logical fallacies. 'tis an invaluable debating tool!

I tend to think that it's because comedy is an art form, and there are almost no conservative artists. Their brains function differently. Don't ask me to explain the precise mechanism. I don't think anyone alive or dead understands it. It just works differently.

why do libturds base their politics off late night comedians?

I think that's hilarious.

Because they can't self deprecate as this thread is clearly showing.

>One of the most successful comedians of all time is Jeff Foxworthy.

...and he's way less conservative than you think. He of course keeps his real politics to himself (because he doesn't want to alienate his audience), but if you listen to other comedians talk about him, he's obviously liberal leaning.

not an argument

>there are almost no conservative artists.
Do you consider writing to be an art? Because there has been a shitload of conservative writers.

I think pretty much hit the nail on the head of this one. The core principle of conservatism is an opposition to the new and unexpected.

>namedropping fallacies is an argument

Stop playing college debate team, it's obvious that comics like Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert especially made their names on making fun of Bush and then laid off Obama, or if Colbert did make fun of Obama he did it through his character as a form of satire.

Bill Maher admitted this the other day. He wasn't as guilty as Stewart in my opinion but even he knew they treated the parties too disparately which helped lead to such media disapproval that Trump became a possibility.

I know liberal comics, I've spent plenty of time in open mic nights and writing with some in a very liberal major American city, and they all ascribe to this idiotic "punching up" creed and it simply takes the edge off their comedy. It's not that they can't be funny, it's that they are denying themselves of viable material simply because they don't want to offend anyone, and that's not comedy

Because if you espouse Liberal opinions, conservatives just ignore you. Some conservatives may even watch you just because they like your candor even if they disagree with what you say (ex: Jon Stewart had many Conservative fans in the first half of the 2000's).

However, if you espouse conservative opinions, Liberals want your head on a fucking pike.
They will organize boycotts against you, they will spam hate campaigns on social media against you, they'll demand that your employer terminate your contract, etc. They'll use loudness to pretend to be a larger sector of society and convince people you are toxic, which is poison in the business-world. Nobody wants to risk someone LOSING them money.

No company wants to deal with that, and no comedian wants to risk their career like that.
These people were literally calling for Jimmy Fallon to be cancelled for having the gall to INTERVIEW Donald Trump. Imagine if that hate-campaign had targeted anyone smaller than Fallon that wasn't too big and too popular to have it ignored?

It's far, far safer to appease the mouth-breathing SJW masses than to incite their fickle ire.
And even if you do that, they may turn on you anyway.

I would say it's still less than half. There are some, yes. But it's definitely not half of the lot.

There are. One just got elected President of the United States of America

member george carlin? I member.

Comedy has to be about something true. Conservatives would joke about why taxes are bad (they're not), black people are evil (they're not), religion is great (it's not), trickle down is good (it's not), etc.

You can only be wrong about os many things before people start to look down at you. It doesn't help that conservatives are the biggest pussies who get offended by everything. The most banned book in the US? Harry Potter. Why? Because these brilliant conservatives called it heresy. They're emotionally driven children who are ill-tempered.
Imagine a 1 hour special where the comedian just whines about blacks, talks about why it's good to help rich people, and why it's cool to defend Israel. It would be boring. Conservative are liberals who one day realized they were too stupid, so they sought more idiots like themselves.

>However, if you espouse conservative opinions, Liberals want your head on a fucking pike.
>They will organize boycotts against you, they will spam hate campaigns on social media against you, they'll demand that your employer terminate your contract, etc. They'll use loudness to pretend to be a larger sector of society and convince people you are toxic, which is poison in the business-world. Nobody wants to risk someone LOSING them money.

>Stop playing college debate team, it's obvious that comics like Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert especially made their names on making fun of Bush and then laid off Obama, or if Colbert did make fun of Obama he did it through his character as a form of satire.
And why do you think they did so? Be as specific as you can.

Do you honestly mean to tell me that Bush isn't a goldmine of comedy as compared to Obama? Really?

>every conservative ignoring the most correct answer while they continue to self-aggrandize their inability to be funny
You are too good for this place.

>conservatives can't into comedy ki...

youtube.com/watch?v=J67AodOb1e4

you were saying?

>there are almost no conservative artists

I keep seeing this, and it's always dogshit.

I'm an artist and I have been all my life.
I've met countless artists, many of them highly conservative.

The difference is that liberal artists almost exclusively use art for belching-out Liberal propaganda, where as conservative artists prefer to create art that isn't political.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhTNQOpNhc0

He made as many verbal miscues as Bush did but the way it was handled was clearly differently. There were plenty of tiny little stories that the 24 hour comedians like Colbert and Stewart could have picked up, like him thinking there were 57 states, e.g. Also he famously told the UN "The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet Muhammad" - liberal comedians who are typically all about the First Amendment and making fun of religions should have picked that fucking statement apart for weeks but you wouldn't even know he said it if you listened to just Stewart and Colbert.

Of course Bush was a more affable "village idiot" personality, and as such he was the butt of every joke on Talk Shows every single night, I would have just liked to see Obama get one-tenth of that and he got nowhere close

Replying to your own post to draw attention to it is poor form.

>Conservatives would joke about why taxes are bad (they're not), black people are evil (they're not), religion is great (it's not)

This liberal delusion.

>Do you honestly mean to tell me that Bush isn't a goldmine of comedy as compared to Obama? Really?
I'm not saying Bush isn't more of a comedic figure than Obama, I'm saying Bush was the butt of every joke and Obama never got mentioned in a critically satirical fashion.

Comedy requires a certain tinge of cynicism and being able to take pot shots at yourself/ideals, Conservatives don't those kinds of things, not to mention, even if their were, Sup Forums would probably be expect something like "Niggers amirite, should've sent them back to Africa when we had the chance huh, so hey, when is this race war happening anyways", so yeah.