Anyone else still use an ipod or mp3 player?

Anyone else still use an ipod or mp3 player?

It has more storage space than my phone and I don't like streaming.

my dad does, I kinda wish I bought one too, since I only really use my phone for music.

if it wasn't for itunes i'd probably still use mine

I do! Its great. I hate relying on the internet and shit to listen to music. It feels much more rewarding to own the music. No one really does it anymore but I like having my iPod Classic

I got a 160gb iPod Classic on Craigslist for like $50. It's great.

i'm tempted but i really don't want to install itunes on my computer

any mp3 player recs?

can't u use media monkey to update it? that's what i did with my ipod touch at least

Had my classic for nearly 10 years I think? Boys been as faithful as you can get, although he is consistently clocked in at 0.3 gig of memory left. He's died on me for weeks at a time but always comes back kicking. The space is great.

Swinsian can read older iPods if you're using Mac OS.

Yeah, got a classic. Pretty nice for convenience, but fuck itunes

I have a nano from years ago. Has more space than my phone and works much better too since i'm not wasting my phones battery on music.

This is the problem. Apple shit the bed.

I regularly use a 4th gen iPod shuffle that I've had for years. When it stops working I'm cucked

Apparently Spotify has a 10,000 song limit which I'm nearing, so I'm thinking of saying fuck it and just downloading all my albums and slapping them on an mp3 player. It's gonna take forever to find all that music though.

Google Play Music doesn't have a streaming library limit and you can upload up to 50,000 songs from your own library. I just bought a 32GB card for my phone and I was set.

I still use the same little SanDisk mp3 I've been using for like 8 years now, it only has like 2gb of storage but it's practically indestructible and doesn't require wifi or anything. I've dropped it maybe a thousand times and ran it through the washing machine twice, and it still works flawlessly.

Too bad my SanDisk died 3 years ago. It was good. Wearing it on the belt at -30 was a mistake.

yeah but they do this weird song ID match thing so your library will always be off

as in your songs will be censored, low quality, completely wrong versions etc because its pulling from their library, not yours

I haven't had that experience. I have tons of songs in my library that aren't even in GPM's catalogue. You have to use the browser tho.

Just buy a 160 gb sd card for your phone you mong

I've also got one. Beautiful, but i'm almost out of space.

you retards realize you can use foobar to sync with ipods, right?

holy fuck what happened to this board

This is much better, guys. You can not only play games on it, but record your own voice, equip music onto the SD card to play it, and send recommendations to others via StreetPass.

I knew I was right to keep mine. Broke it out earlier this year to rockbox it. Bought a leather case this last month. Got this nice theme with it too. I just connect it and open up musicbee and it does the rest like itunes. I think my battery is shit after all these years, but everything else seems great, so I might just buy a replacement backplate and a new battery sometime next year or whenever it fails.

i was reading this thread and got all nostalgic so i looked up mp3s on ebay and then i realized how fucking obsolete these things would be in so many daily situations these days.

I got a cheap xDuoo X2 mainly because I hated being rendered phone-less every time someone passed the aux at a people's gathering. Now every time I'm at some house party and someone asks me to play something, I just set my little mp3 player to shuffle all songs, plug it, and continue happily wasting away on my phone.
The sound is also way cleaner. Interface is ass though.

Where the fuck do you live were people steal phones at a party?

this is such a good meme

he means he can't use his phone because it's sitting by the sound system
you putz.

I just bought a 128gb micro SD for my phone and synced it with my PCs music library.

Where the fuck do you live where people browse their phones at a social gathering?

Do you never take out your phone at social gatherings to check the time, take a picture, check your messages, stuff like that? What if your phone is playing music for everyone but you get a phone call? Shit's pretty lame

No I don't. I socialize instead

i do...disconnect from the web before opening itunes & everything is fine

if you use foobar on your pc there's a plugin that can transfer music onto it, itll even convert flacs and stuff for you if you set it up

But those things are part of socializing, silly. What if the friend you invited to the party is trying to reach you because he can't find the address? Having your phone in your pocket > not having it

wth is wrong with you

What even

I HAD one. I think it was stolen. Or I misplaced it. Was really drunk. Just last week. It's really sad.

Anyway I loved it. 120gb. 6th gen. Rip. I hope I find you again.

this. foobar really d goat

Mine is 11 years old at this point, and has one whole GB of storage. Still works.
Give me a reason why I should not continue using it.

Are Ipods old enough to become a cool "vintage" thing for Hipster to collect yet? Kids these days are already buying CD's like it's an ancient format they've never seen before.

Hell yes, uploading my itunes library to a brand new one right now

Yes, used ones are already pretty overpriced

i used a gogear for a while switched over to a phone with a micro sd four years ago

>not just using spotify offline mode for those juicy classical and traditional folk recordings you can't find anywhere else

if you install itunes your wife will leave you and you have to go in prison

Maybe get a phone that isn't an overpriced, restrictive POS and allows you to put in an SD card

I might have to go back to one if this "phones without jacks" shit keeps rolling

My 160GB iPod Classic cost me $75 and has more storage space than my phone+128GB microSD.

Got 32 gb on my phone, no need for such things

I used to have an iPod classic which I loved but I moved to my phone + 128gb microSD card so I don't have to carry around multiple devices.

Fuck streaming though.

>32gb
that's only like 3000 songs at 320kbps

and that's assuming 100% of your storage is towards music

I've got the new FiiO X1 with a 64g micro SD and I really dig it, especially since they put in gapless playback on one of the later updates.

I might cry when my 160gb dies. I wish apple would make a new Classic but I doubt that will happen.

they're overpriced because they've been discontinued, not because people think they're "vintage"

1GB is not enough

I got a 200GB micro sd card for 80 euros (technically only 191GB available on the card, but whatever).
Just ake sure your smartphone has a micro-sd capacity of 128GB, if it does, its also able to use larger cards for some reason.

You can download music player apps on android for free that are very close to the ipod touch interface, which isn't very a e s t h e t i c, but is really easy to use when there's a lot of music stored.
I switched from a 128 GB one to a 200GB one which is almost full now, but luckily micro-sd cards keep getting bigger at about the same rate i'm downloading, so i'll look out for a 254GB one in the coming year.

I really want to buy a 160GB one but I'm nervous about buying shit on Ebay

I wanna get a dedicated mp3 Player because my phone's DAC is really underpowered

because you'll be 16 years old some day and you'll need more than 1GB for your music library.

Can somebody explain to me what makes iTunes so inferior?

people don't have 1tb ssd drives

my 128 ipod classic has everything i need. use it every day and have done for nearly 15 years.