Has a TV ever jumped the shark as quickly as this one has?

Has a TV ever jumped the shark as quickly as this one has?

Surely seven episodes in is a new record.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriable.com/tag/carnivale-reviews/
avclub.com/article/daniel-knauf-opens-up-about-icarnivaleis-long-weir-92780
avclub.com/article/daniel-knauf-tells-us-his-plan-for-the-end-of-icar-92877
mcfarlandbooks.com/book-2.php?id=978-0-7864-4816-6
youtube.com/watch?v=SfkqGyx-rEw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what do you think jumping the shark means

dropping a bollock
slapping a fanny
ploughed the cadbury canal
goofed
dipped the arse biscuit

What part was that exactly?

When Fonzy ramps his motorcycle over the tank of sharks

nuked the fridge
jebbed the bush
shit the bed
noshed the dog

Clever.

This was already a 6/10 movie, its pretty audacious that they thought it would be a 10/10 tv show that would last 9 years. Not surprising 2bh senpai.

But it's quite different from the film.

>Produced by J.J. Abrams and one of the Nolans
if you actually expected it to be a good show you're an idiot

I expected it to at least manage one season without skull fucking itself.

Both JJ and Jonah have previous where they have managed that.

shitty Sup Forums memes aside is this show going to go full LOST? i feel like it is

What has JJ Abrams actually done, aside from MAYBE Cloverfield, that's earned him such a stellar reputation?

Polar bears turning up out of no where and a fucking nuke that butt fucks spacetime?

I don't see any sharks being jumped. Everything, though not accurately predicted, are expected.

those first two episode though, they were so well done... its just like they had no idea where to go after that.

imho they are teasing with these "storylines" and arnold shit too long

we all know shit hits the fan sooner or later

dragging it out serves no purpose, especially if they're already working in a 10 episode season format

Likely the actual hosts going renegade was plotted for the finale so they have to fill up the time with something by then.

>i don't like it so it's shit

grow up

Sorry, where you expecting something different from an HBO show about A.I and simulation with Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris.

So far the show's fulfilling it's role which is basically to apologize for how GoT became shit and give us a new high budget narrative.
No doubt that they'll fuck it up at some point but so far i think it's good enough.

How about you shampoo my crotch?

Except that the first two episodes are meaningless, repetitive, incoherent trash. Things only started happening half way through this season. Why are people complaining now?

Not recent HBO, no

It's not interested in character driven shows like Deadwood, The Wire, Carinvale and Rome any more. It wants the LOST, Breaking Bad, TWD audience.

I got bored after episode four. Anyone care to tell me how the shark was jumped?

Stronk wimmin

>Carinvale
>Deadwood

I still resent them for canceling those...
That said, GoT and Boardwalk empire where pretty good at first.

As for TWD i still can't understand how it survived past season 2 and with that mediocre acting and scripting. I mean, it's seriously shit.

He was waterskiing...

Chris Albrecht should be hung for his impatience. It's sad that he did a lot of good at HBO but caused so much pain.

I think you meant to type 'episode 2'

Carnivale was ramping up to be a GOAT show.
I think the showrunner went full retard and had some plan for a six season narrative which a show like that obviously wouldn't be able to achieve due to limited appeal and high production values. He should've been gunning for 3-4 seasons and they would've likely allowed it.

I'm still really pissed about that.

Deadwood was great but I feel it had a decent run. Maybe one more season to wrap it up.

Nah, Carnivale was shitcanned because production costs were too high and no compromise could be made to reduce them.

It's a shame as it was very much ahead of its time and had it been made today, it would've been allowed to reach its conclusion.

For the fans of Carnivale here's some things worth reading:

seriable.com/tag/carnivale-reviews/
avclub.com/article/daniel-knauf-opens-up-about-icarnivaleis-long-weir-92780
avclub.com/article/daniel-knauf-tells-us-his-plan-for-the-end-of-icar-92877
mcfarlandbooks.com/book-2.php?id=978-0-7864-4816-6

Anthony Hopkins is the only thing that makes this watchable. If he wasn't in it, I would have probably dropped the show on the second episode.

produced doesn't mean anything, they have no creative input

only writing and direction count

I actually give a show at least 4 episodes at the very least. With only 2 episodes one can never judge which one is the fluke.

By episode 4 one usually have a good grasp as to where a show is going.

TWD concept is not bad, with well written characters, conflicts and situations i think a long zombie apocalypse scenario pays off.

On zombie movies they usually make you hate the survivors to the point you enjoy watching what was coming to them but imagine a well written character that on the long run wins you over... you invest feelings and don't want them to die. On paper it sounds good (and actually i thought the comic initially worked since it was a LOT more cleaver than the series and the characters where not total retards.)

The problem with the show is that it's nothing of the above but i was reading the comic at the time so it fooled me into believing it could be.
Little did i know it would be the other way around... the comic would catch the show disease and become moronic as well.

By the time i realizes i was halfway season 2... that was fucking boring.

They've got a terrific cast, not just Hopkins. They're just not getting the most out of it and they're spinning too many yarns at this point that I agree with the person above - it feels like Lost.

I managed 4 seasons of TWD, I feel embarrassed that I gave this shit so much of my time that it never really deserved.

Anime shit, but this show only took 2 hours to jump the shark then proceeded to go on a shark jumping tour that makes you question if they ran out of ideas or they just wanted to give the middle finger to generic action show story telling.

Are you Danish or something?

Are you mad that a toll was paid for burning coal?

Fucking retards. Judge it after 10 episodes.

>the only thing that makes this watchable
youtube.com/watch?v=SfkqGyx-rEw

they better not all be robots.

>they're all robots
>westworld is on earth
>thousands of years after humanity went extinct

> Ford takes off mask
> he's a cockroach

>waterskiing
>motorcycle
you can't even use google to see what the fuck are you talking about and not looking like a fucking retard.

it's more like the second film actually. With the whole theme of not knowing who the fuck is real or a host.

>Ford's face mechanizes open
>He's full of cockroaches

What difference does it make? The metaphor is "jumping the shark." Who cares if it was a jetski or water skis or whatever?

Happy Days is over. Garry Marshall is dead. DEAD!

what exactly do you mean with "jumped the shark"? the plot moving forward?

usually you Sup Forumsfags complain about nothing happening

I only don't like Maeve plot. The rest is bretty gud imho familia.

Carnivale has all the mystery and tension that j.abrams wish he could do.

God tier show. The script, cinematography, soundtrack

Gonna watch this again

Designated Survivor made a faster dive

Dropped that one a while ago.

How's Penny?

It would be fine if the entire Maeve plot wasn't so fucking retarded.
>sure I'll make you super intelligent, sentient robot that hates humanity
What a shame.

Not her boat.

there's no vision to it, just like game of thrones. I dropped it after the third episode.

Can't wait for tomorrows episode, rumor says the ray special effects are goat.

Something has to be good to start with for it to jump the shark.

Tell us your show that never jumped the shark there op don't be shy tell us how great it was

Usually it takes a couple of seasons for a show to really suck, they managed to do it in under less than 5 episodes, quite an accomplishment

>hating the show when last episode introduced a coalburner hunting robot
Lel.

Yes the robots rise in the first season. And then what's for the rest 4 seasons they talk about?

Why do you feel the need to rail against everything that's popular? Do you not understand that you're only sabotaging your own happiness?

Children.

tha guy who played Abernathy in ep01 was better, than Hopkins acting like who has aneurism

>And then what's for the rest 4 seasons they talk about?

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.

Humans being replaced by hosts. In the park, outside the park.

so it will be shit like BSG and Matrix 3