I'm moving to Yellowknife in 3 weeks Canada bros, what should I expect?

I'm moving to Yellowknife in 3 weeks Canada bros, what should I expect?

I am a 5'4 manlet. and going there to work minimum wage. I have heard it's one of the worst cities in Canada, is that true?

DESU I'm betting we know maybe marginally more about it than you. We know what the money looks like and the basics of how the laws work, because its the same country, but how the city actually is... read the Wikipedia page and you'll probably know more than me.

if you're going to yellowknife for minimum wage you're making a big mistake

pretty sure up north you get higher salaries because no one wants to move there

>going to Yellowknife to work minimum wage

>Yellowknife

Isn't this a place to see aurora?

lots of sunlight?

Yellowknife is a literal shithole. What foul sorcery compelled you to work there, at minimum wage no less?

>and going there to work minimum wage
Aren't groceries really expensive up there?

>moving to yellowknife to work for min. wage

oh dog

I guess it's better than Brazil though. Try and go south, mate.

I moved to Peterborough to work min wage. I wish ive never wasted there 2 years, i moved somewhere else and now its happy days. You probably should do the same

Who the fuck makes ANY intercontinental move for minimum wage, let alone to a known cesspit like Yellowknife? Don't people normally need decent money to do such a thing? Or at least be going someplace that they'll actually like?

>i was born as wealthy spoiled little fag
>why people do things they dont like only to get better life lmao
>like stop being poor xD

I think the point is that you won't really get that much of a better life if you move to a shithole. A shithole in a first-world country is still a shithole.

No man, I wasn't being that way. I get that people do what they gotta do, but how would this even be better than Brazil?

yellowknife's kind of a dump though. It's frozen solid like 8 months of the year, small, and the architecture and urban planning aren't really comfy at all.

Frozen shithole

Reminder that people born in either Yellowknife or Whitehorse or wherever else in the Territories are usually the ones moving south because there is no jobs up there.

You need to start at some point, as i suggested he need to apply for work permit in different city in better place ASAP but thats requires some money at atarters. Also he probably (im guessing here) is moving to relative or hia countryman that tries to hook him up at work, catch up with language etc. These thing are difficult at the beggining if youre all on you own

I'm kind of confused by all the tall buildings downtown. I don't think I've been to a city this small (19,000 or so is what I was just reading) that actually had buildings like that.

I live in Peterborough and I hate it but I was raised just outside here in Hastings so that's my excuse. Where did you work?

My employers said I will be making BIG money after a week or so. Also I can handle the cold, I survived 5 degree Celsius weather.

thanks man, I'll look more into it.

thanks brah, you know how i feel

doesn't look that bad, at least way better than here

Anyways guys ik you're expressing concerns but i really think i can make it, just gotta suffer a bit, ya know?

redpill me on Thompson, MB

better/worse than Yellowknife?

'Surviving the cold' isn't quite the issue here. It's as cold in Yellowknife as it is in fucking Quebec or even Edmonton. I declined a job as a game warden in the Nunanik, the north of Québec, because even with the wage I couldn't possibly sustain a life up there. YOU won't sustain a life in Yellowknife off minimum wage.

5 degree Celsius is nothing for canada. In minnesota and Canada it can drop to -20

I'm nervous that you might be getting scammed. Are they providing accommodations for you? Minimum wage is not a lot compared to the cost of living up north.

Also 5C is nothing. Try -40C.

Normal temperatures for Yellowknife during the winter months is ~-20c m8

flin flon is better

HAHAHA YOU FUCKING BITCHES I TRICKED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I STOLE EVERYTHING FROM THIS THREAD HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

YOU MAD?

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP UMMA DELICIA HUEHUEHUAEHUEAHUEAHUEAHUEAH

WTF AHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAH CANT BELIEVE U GOT TROLLED SO HARD BITCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA BTFO
BTFO
T
F
O

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE BRAZILIAN POWER EVER AGAIN HUEEEEEEEEEEEEHAUEHUEHUEHHEUHEUAHUEHAEUHUHAEHAHOEOHOEAHEHAHUEHHEAUEHUAHHAHAHEUAHEUHUEHUAHEUAHUhUAHEUHEUAHEUHEUAHEUHUAHHEUAEHUHHAHHAHAHAAHHHEHHYYEHAHHAAYAABAADABBAADOOOOOOOOOOO

god what the fuck is it with leafs and provincial border cities

at least we have the good sense to divide up Kansas City and Kansas City rather than treating them as one entity

what industry are you in???? i wanna move to canada too!!

d-dubs

nothing really changes unless you're 18 years old, then you can't drink at the bar in the sask side (drinking age is 19 there)

What work are you going to do? Just curious

wanker

never been to NWT but I liked in the Yukon for several months before
I enjoyed it a lot honestly, huge outdoors, lots of freedom
you're basically beyond the law and beyond civilization up there

It was something like delivery, cool job because i was travelling across Lincolnshire/Deryshire/Cambridgeshire so it was something new and exciting for me, sadly for criminally low wage.
Also Amazon but if you dont want to waste your best years as a slave dont go for it. Are you looking a job there?
Now i moved to Brighton doing same job for almost twice as much, i love travelling and its beautiful down here so im pretty much happy guy. Theres brexit coming tho so i need do my working permit and papers properly

basically offices and other corporate/government centers since that one "city" practically manages the entire territory

Oh shit I thought you meant Peterborough in Canada haha

Im laffin, cheers

Well done buddy!

enjoy your vitamin D deficiency and freezing your ass

oh, I read the next post. Nevermind

this is bait