Find a flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5pBZKj1VnA
youtube.com/watch?v=XN0DKuwz4L4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Created by an anti-semitic

it's literally a dude running and sweating for two hours

>directed by Mel Gibson

The whole thing with man and nature got a little tiresome, but I did love it.

The Jaguar scene is a little too ridiculous for me but I still love it as a whole.

The bit where the tree falls and the Mayan general cries out, "I'm walking here", in a New York accent really broke my immersion.

>Find a flaw
The entire god damn movie.

The biggest flaw?

The fact that there wasn't an additional hour of conquistadors pushing everyone's shit in after the reveal.

"This eclipse is the prophesized Mel Gibson's Apocalypto (TM)"
Pretty lame name drop desu

>there wasn't an additional hour of conquistadors pushing everyone's shit in after the reveal
>Not wanting to save this for a 2 hour sequel called Apocalyptwo
pleb detected

The ending seems rushed. He spends daya tracking his people to the city but runs back in 10 minutes?

The whole fucking thing
>base on the Mayan Collapse which happend 900s
>show Spainish from the 1500s

None

Probably the most underrated movie in history, alongside Amadeus

fuck off

>alongside Amadeus
seriously? "underrated"?

Retard

Is this a retarded list about historical inconsistencies? rofl this isn't the purpose of the movie

Apocalypto executes perfectly what it pretends to, do you really know how to watch movies?

>posts link to British version of John Green.
Nick Hodges is a virtue signalling too weird to be nu male cuck.

Look at what he praises versus what he doesn't, he is utterly biased and doesn't like Mel as a director personally therefore regardless of his points writes Apoc off as shit.

The trend continues as I know for a fact that he also dislikes Apocalypse Now.

why is Sup Forums so easily triggered?

Being a big old horse shit of moive then yes it was good
It is shit

>Amadeus
>underrated

u wot

>Mayans died out at the same time their civilization did

Okay guy, keep quoting that bit of information because you heard it somewhere and want to impress a bunch of anonymous retards on an online imageboard instead of learning anything about history when a world of information is literally a google scholar search away.

fucking kek

Seriously, who even talks about Amadeus? It got an oscar ok, but nobody talks about it, it isn't in top 10 lists or some shit, it is never regarded as one of the best movies of all time, it is never considered essential

Amadeus gets praised, but it should get much more

That's a quality

That was the movie and what Mel said it was base on around that time period yes they was Mayans latter but you can't make a moive and dying the Spainish came over 500 years early

>who even talks about Amadeus
Sup Forums isn't everyone
Amadeus is widely appreciated and well-known, it deserves its reputation and calling it underrated is amusing.
going by Sup Forums, you'd think Batman v. Superman was MOTY

My Austrian choir director fucking loves this movie. I've probably seen it three or four times as a kid because of him.

It's not in America.

It was a total ripoff of this movie. I wanted to see more of Mayan Civilization.

It is in position 88 on IMDB when it should be at least top 15 or something, that's outrageous

I really don't see much people talking about it, is it because it's so perfect there's not much to talk about? It just stands there as an eternal piece of art?

>Black men chasing white man
I think you missed the point

>IMDB

That site has like three Nolan movies in the top 10.

What's your top ten my dude

But i'm talking about this, fuck, i'm talking about popularity, this means being underrated

>IMDB
>unironically
that's like me getting butthurt because p4k didn't give my favorite album a 10
Also
>"Nominated for 53 awards, of which it won 40"
Amadeus is perfectly rated.
>4 golden globes out of 6 nominations
>8 oscars
What more do you want?

retarded birth scene

Why is it retarded?

???

>Not wanting to save this for a 2 hour sequel called Apocalyptwo

WOOOOT!!!

>WOOOOT!!
explain yourself

I couldn't find an English version of this movie so I always turned it off about 10 minutes in. Any good?

Wait. Do you mean you could never find a version where they spoke in English or you could never find a version where they subtitles were English? There's so little dialogue i really don't think it would matter anyway. It is quite good.

Nobody talks about Amadeus, it's basically completely forgotten.

>historical accuracy
The movie is fiction. It doesn't claim to be anything more than that. It's dramatic fiction, and it's pretty damn good at that.

Sup Forums out

What are you talking about. My Normie friends talk about it all the time.

Apocalypto's sets and props were faker than Waterworld's. Popeye-tier. It ruined the movie and prevents it from ever being considered a masterpiece.

Rambo in a fictional world?

kekarino
youtube.com/watch?v=XN0DKuwz4L4

It depicts the Mayans but during the time of the Aztec empire.

I agree with the anons saying the film was lacking the part where the spaniards land and whip their cocks out and cuck all the jungle midgets

It's one of the best movies of 21st century along with Passion of the Christ, which is even better.

Do you have a dog in this fight?

The movie looks fucking bad. I don't mean the cinematography, which is fine, but the actual video quality. There's so much motion blur, it just looks like the movie was shot on a cheap shitty camcorder for some reason.

Not really man, It has some really nice shots desu and the clarity is fine, you might have a shitty rip

Stop using underrated as a synonym for "I don't have anyone in real life to talk about this film with"

This film was incredibly well received by both critics and audiences, and it's consistently rated as among one of the best films made in the last 50 years

Fucking teenage Americans

one of my favourite films in the last 10 years I guess

Loved to get thrown into the exotic and ancient world. Really strong and well paced cinema.

He mixed up Mayan and Aztec culture a lot, which triggered some youtube history guy really badly.

The huge imperial Mayan/Aztec capital is a 20 minute run from the village, and the villagers have no idea it exists.

That's what happens when roads don't exist