I always see Yuropoos shitting on Ireland even though the latter is more succesful

How did this meme start?

It's pretty much a glorified tax haven and endemic with political corruption

It's just a big tax haven.
There's a reason when the EU tried to force Apple to pay unpaid taxes to Ireland the Irish government sided with Apple.

>using purchasing power instead of nominal
Kys

>macau has no rank because it's a non country
Kek

that's actually ppp per capita. Nominal is irrelevant here because obviously a small country like Ireland has a smaller economy

I don't, Ireland is based.

He meant nominal per capita
We don't use ppp because that doesn't show the true wealth, it just adjusts for prices of goods, which is arbitrary as fuck.

Here's a chart of nations by GDP nominal per capita

>more successful
Not so fast.

>which is arbitrary as fuck.
Nah you and are retarded.

GDP is useful for measuring a country's international power, because it's pretty much a direct 1:1 comparison of how many weapons you can buy.

GDP/PPP is useful for determining the quality of life for a citizen. $100k GDP per capita doesn't matter shit if your pizzas cost $80 and the minimum wage is $50/hour.

However OP is the most retarded of all, because all he says is "latter is more successful." What the fuck does that mean? More successful for the average citizen, more successful as a nation state, what?

I think germans really like Ireland for some reason, at least the younger ones.
It's funny because if they actually knew a bit more about it they'd be ass mad about how conservative they are compared to places like Berlin and Cologne.

>Ireland
>Conservative
Nice time machine

this basically

don't know shit about economics or how these things are evaluated myself, but I'm constantly hearing about how these figures are very misleading and outright bullshit a lot of the time. economists like Paul Krugman and others are constantly calling our govt deceptive clowns who muddle these statistics

that said, nonsense figures aside the economy IS recovering pretty well

They still outlawed abortion as far as I know.
If the normies knew about that, they'd be pissed, same if they knew about the IRA, but they only see muh Guiness xD Leprachauns etc.

ireland isn't conservative any more, Soros and his ilk made sure of that. he made a bet a decade or so ago that he could get somewhere as anti-progressive as ireland to legalise gay marriage and sure enough in 2015 it happened thanks to his endless funding of organisations that were shilling for it.

the youth in ireland are as progressive and nihilistic as anywhere, although not German-tier yet (and hopefully never). we'll probably have abortion within a decade.

nominal is affected by changing dollar values

because up until a few years ago we were borderline African-tier

They have lowest corporate tax in EU so American corporations put their EU headquarters in Ireland which inflates their GDP.

The average Irish person is a poorfag.

>They have lowest corporate tax in EU so American corporations put their EU headquarters in Ireland which inflates their GDP.
This. However, I think Ireland is a good country to live in, safe and clean, with less immigrants than the UK.

Ireland is rich because it is rich. So it doesn't count.

>m-muh taxes

Just make yours lower than ours if it pisses you off so much. Capitalist society folks!

You're talking out of your ass. Youth (besides Dublin) don't care about politics. You can still make joke about black people and nobody will mind. Young people are centrists.

>Just make yours lower than ours
Be careful what you wish for. :^)

They have gay marriage though, unlike Germany.