hands down

t. law enforcement

thanks for igniting the conversation with that epic prompt OP

>it's a yet another key witness gets killed before he can testify episode

Literally the best show literally ever made

good show

I dropped it on episode 1

How many times did that happen?

Also, I'm sure it is a huge problem. Snitches get stitches, etc.

Season 2 master race

We almost went one day without a wire post

meh... -_- so boring... think I'll just stick with got...

Good season, underrated by some, overrated by others. Definitely not the best season, or the worst.

Watch through season 3 before you give up, it expands so much that it's honestly astonishing to watch.

>tfw to intellingent for the characters on this show

>best show ever made
didn't need to continue past this tbqh

he's baiting you dunce

>to

user...

you didn't just.. did you?

I saw Marlo Stanfield at a grocery store in Bawl'more yesterday. I told him how cool it was to see that his name is his name, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for pandemic or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen lollipops in his hands without paying.

The security guard was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Son, I'm not stepping to you, but you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear the guard, but eventually turned back around and signaled his lieutenant to grab a nail gun.

When the girl at the counter took one of the lollies and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any disrespectance in the streets,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each pop and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by talking about pigeons really loudly.

I guess.. I know people that have legit said that exact thing, except got was bb.

thats why its the perfect bait

nah he was right. mad men wins goat but this show blows other crime and cop dramas out of the water

>herc didn't deserve to die like that

>You want it to be like it is, but it do.

meme character

It happened twice. The rando citizen from the first couple episodes and Stringer/Avon

Don't forget about Wallace

No it was definitely the worst season. Full stop. The problem is that when you get hooked in season one, season two and the hookers are fucking awful and it feels extra shitty and pointless if you continue to watch the rest.

But if you ever go back and rewatch the entire show you realize that season 2 has a fuckton of back story and fleshes out a huge amount of the world you don't really see. The hookers and dock workers are still pointless but the stuff in between them makes the entire story a lot better

it happens a lot in real life as well

>Spoilering a show that ended 20 years ago

>the wire aired 50 years ago

Yea, on the first watch through season two is easily the biggest drag, but that's because the introduction of the new characters and plotline is pretty challenging. On rewatch it's a totally solid season. Five is the worst imo. The premise is the most farfetched and out of place thing in the entire show, maybe tied with the weird stylization of Omar in the first season, and Brother Mouzone. Even Hamsterdam seems believable by comparison.

>best show ever made
maybe
>about crime
fuck no

Oh don't act like you watched it while it was airing

>tfw tried to start watching during season 5 and though you got the wrong show because you couldn't understand a single thing Snoop said in the season opener

ziggy is my favorite character

Why is that user?

Why not Frank or even the Greek?

Well then whats the best crime one?

Hardest characters in Bawlmo pic related snoop was fuckable lowkey

I am sick of saying this, and everyone is sick of hearing it, but it really IS the best tv-show ever made

>>You know who got the fattest asses and the best pussy?

It's the most overrated. It's still good, but season five is kind of stupid, and McNulty has the worst American accent of any tv actor. His British accent breaks through in the first season literally twice per episode

Still a good show, though. Just not the best

What would you say is better?

Deadwood: Al Swearengen-parts are only 10/10 parts
Sopranos - some mediocre episodes. Season 3 & 4 are inferior
Six Feet Under - a bit too episodic. Does not have the same sense of "wholeness"

Miniseries dont count, otherwise I would consider "Show me a hero"

well I could say but you wouldn't like the answer

Mad Men my man. Flawless tvkino.

Season 2 was best.

Limited by the constraints of not being cable
That does matter

Just watched season 1.

Bretty gud.

Do they start wiretapping politicians in future seasons? I know that politicians eventually become a part of the plot, are they tapped or does it just follow them in relation to the crime and whatnot?

what WOULD happen in real life happens

would have been better is there was more focus on a hooker character

you would never know idris elba was british otherwise.

been getting crazy props for his near perfect baltimore accent

>nigga is you takin notes... on a criminal fuckin conspiracy?

he's the only nigger I've ever found attractive

Limited in what way? They can't show off Hendricks' cowtits? And the show is obviously not written around commercial breaks.

You guys lied to me,you told me second season was good.

its not for feeble minds such as yours

He was miscast, though.

Never for a second bought that he was from the ghetto.

the wire is overrated but mad men isn't?
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA

The Shield is at least a 1000 times better

Nah, this is Chiklis' true masterpiece.

Narcos is better

not only because of less niggs

Both are better than The Wire.

The Shield is better

I really love both series, but The Wire was better.
That said, The Shield's series finale was one of the best finales I've ever seen, and was better than The Wire's.

The Shield was better. It's great right from the pilot.

You don't have to force yourself to watch half a season for it to finally get good.

The Shield is great from start to finish, The Wire is not.

The same for The Wire, from the opening scene of the first episode I was hooked.
The only time I thought it was slowing down was the last season, and even then I still loved it.
The Shield felt like it dragged on in the last few seasons, the last season especially.
The Wire also had better characters. The only characters I actually really liked in The Shield at the end were Dutch and Wyms

that bald faggot makes it unwatchable
dropped at s1e1

try me, I'm open to new opinions

this tbqh familia
wish they had gone for the greek

>great right from the pilot
>literally corrupt cop thing of the week

Yeah stupid shit like them extorting that basketball player really had an impact on series as a whole

Does it speed up at all ?

I'm not usually one to drop something for being slownbut jesus fucking chirst the first 4 episodes are slower than a week in jail