Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I forgot.

/thread

I'm usually not bothered about other peoples' reactions to movies but the nearly universal acclaim this movie gets admittedly makes me rage. I really thought it was just fucking awful. I get that some people might love it, but what bugs me is that nearly everyone seems to and I feel like pic related.

Thoughts on what?

u just got bad taste m8

the novelty is what hooked most people and then . well, you know how the band-wagon works...

Its pretty good. The unusual presentation is the movie's high point, story & character is pretty simple though.

Better than TDKR

Did his wife really have diabetus?

I forgot.

Memento is fantastic. It is better on repeat viewings. It is peak-Nolan (I don't mean this sarcastically); it's masterfully written, acted, edited, and I really wish he would try making another small mind-fuck movie like this one instead of getting bigger and louder with every movie. I love Guy Pearce.

Also, Leonard Shelby would be much better off with an iPhone.

Teddie made it seem like he only got him to find more guys to kill because he was trying to help him. Why didn't he just get him to get a tatoo to say he had done it?

If you actually want to learn anything you'd talk about what you didn't like about it.

Great movie.

>memento
>meme
Absolute gargabage

>It is peak-Nolan (I don't mean this sarcastically)
Really makes you question how someone who made this movie could have made something like TDKR

It's just a great movie. Fucking great. The Prestige has grown on me more, though. There's still new shit I pick up on in every repeated viewing.

suffers from late '90s indie preciousness, but still a nice concept and good performance from Guy Pearce and Joey Pants
Prestige > TDK > Memento > everything else

>meme nto
I can't unsee

>Better on repeat viewings

Hell no. The gaping plot holes are ridiculously noticeable.

this but inception>prestige

>Don't believe his lies.

>suffers from late '90s indie preciousness

???

What plotholes?

"First one to talk, gets to stay on my aircraft!"

Nolan's 2nd best film topped only by Interstellar

First one to talk gets to talk first!

My favorite Nolan movie along with The Prestige

Why did he have to drop Julyan for the hack Hans Zimmer? His earlier movies had such a great fucking score

First one to talk gets to talk first!

It was good. I know some people are going to accuse me of being reddit because Nolan directed it but I unironically liked it a lot. Most of the creative decisions made sense.

>Costanza.jpg

Take away its only gimmick and you have a generic story with everything else being completely forgettable and generic, except maybe Pantoliano.

This.

Was it really a gimmick, though? The entire movie was centered around it and it made sense given what the story was about

Boring gimmicky "riddle" movie.
It had nothing interesting to say.

There really are no plotholes.

This.
Sup Forums only admires it it pretends like it is different to interstellar and inception while it is exactly the same gimmicky riddle crap as his later movies are.
He seems to have a fascination with gimmicky twists and technicalities.
A pseudointellectual approach that touches different flavor of the month themes to make itself appealing.
Either using comic books or sci fi tech to make its gimmicks and twists appealing, all the while not saying anything of interest.

In memento he focused on the technicalities of merging the different film segments as they appeared in reverse while in interstellar it was the black hole and science memes that you had to figure out.
AS oppose to actually trying to get into the deep experience of living without short term memory like the charatcer in memento had to do, and focusong on le reddit science in interstellar while putting the interpersonal relations in the backlog making them feel rushed and inconsequential.

HE is a walking meme appealing to the common le reddit and facebook denominator.

>while it is exactly the same gimmicky riddle crap as his later movies are.

It's a film that paints a picture of what it's like to live with 15 minute memory segments while hunting down his wife's killer. It has no pretensions, and it is well made. No idea what you mean by "riddle crap," or "pseudointellectual."

Pleb

This and Insomnia are the only good movies Nolan did.

The fact that the whole idea of the movie is to confuse the viewer and force him to recollect and collect all the different segments to finish the plot.
It says nothing about a person living with this memory issue(except some shallow trivialities) but instead simply uses it as a plot tool for the detective story.
Who cares about the mental process of having to assemble the plot from the different segments, its a pointless game and not the reason i watch movies. Its a trivial autistic task the movie forces upon me instead of actually using the movie time to tell me something of some interest or meaning.
Its technically a well done film but to me personally it holds absolutely no interest because it says nothing interesting about anything and is more a kin to a mental game.

>le reddit

What does it even mean?

>The fact that the whole idea of the movie is to confuse the viewer and force him to recollect and collect all the different segments to finish the plot.

Right but how is it crap? It's certainly a riddle, and well put together, real good editing.

>It says nothing about a person living with this memory issue(except some shallow trivialities) but instead simply uses it as a plot tool for the detective story.

But what is wrong with that? It's an entertaining film.

> instead of actually using the movie time to tell me something of some interest or meaning.

Ahh. That's the crux of this.

>because it says nothing interesting about anything and is more a kin to a mental game.

That's fair. Though I felt the ending words of Leonard were rather poignant.

More like meh-mento, am I right?

Once you get past the novelty it's a really shitty story but they couldn't have involved much with that style or else it would have completely lost the audience.

watch it ricky

First one to first gets to talk. First!

>the black hole and science memes that you had to figure out

What was there to figure out? They just made up a deus ex machina based on absolutely no science. It was the scientific equivalent of shaking a pair of keys in front of the audience for 2 hours. Even their depiction of gravity and time near the black hole was garbage and why the fuck were they even considering to attempt to populate a planet near the event horizon of a fucking black hole to begin with? They put michael caine in that movie and completely wasted him.

It means the poster is insecure.

Mostly agree, but would argue that peak Nolan was The Prestige.

Watch it Rick, you're about to go up shit creek without a paddle

I didnt mean it was hard to understand, i mean the movie spent so much time trying to explain this convoluted system the movie used..
And this convoluted system served no real purpose because the movie itself had nothing interesting to say whatsoever.
It was essentially typical mainstream shlock with no personal interesting opinion about anything.

You know when you talk with someone who has been doing a certain work or task or job for a long time? How he can tell you interesting little nuances that no one else could know? Talking with such a person you realize how this work has effected even his own personality and outlook on life(for example talk about a programmer and he will talk about different things and give example from programming or will simply apply the same thinking he applies to designing software to other areas).

Interstellar had nothing like that. It didnt delve into the human spirit, or reveal some interesting and intriquite nuances...
there was no artisitc voice, it was just a CGI/action fest that used crying faces to evoke an automatic response in viewers.
Its most clear by the haphazard ending where we see him with his daughter for 30 seconds despite the fact this was suppose to be some amazing reunification after 60 years or something.
Even the movie makers didnt seem to feel that these charatcers were interesting enough ot gie them a proper ending.
The movie was about le science memes and black holes and gravity effecting time.
Id rather watch an actual science show or nature documentary instead.

>First one to first gets to talk. First!
gets one to gets first to talk. Gets!

this, nolan's way of leaving that woah duuuuuuuuuude ending's in movies are what makes people love him so much, it took me 3 days to finish that shitty movie.

I spliced this movie into chronological order
then I found out that the DVD has that in it already

Do you still have that splice file?

He spent all his kinematography on the first 5 minutes for that.

I think so

Upload it man.

what site
it'll take a bit but I'll post a link when it's done

I use mediafire. 50 gigs for free. Mega.nz has the same deal.

Fuck off.

>le every good work of art needs to have a deep, profound message about society argument

if you actually watched more than 50 movies you would know that film does not need some deep message to be good, it just needs to evoke a feeling or engage you in some way

this applies to most art too by the way, it is exceptionally rare for something to have a message that is actually unique and different and hasn't already been explored elsewhere

I never fully understood it, even after watching it 20 times or so. Was Pantoliano's character the real killer or just some cop who used him?

This

No he didn't murder Lenny's wife
he was the cop assigned to his case, but he's bent and used his LUST FOR REVENGE to score some cash

it's at 81%

mediafire com/?d991g8lgmtr1upz

bit sloppy but whatever

Why was he so forgetful?

Still the only legitimately good movie Nolan has ever directed. And I liked the Alaska one.

Hot opinion

he had this condition