I just bought a Ukelele because I've always liked the sound of them and want to learn how to play

I just bought a Ukelele because I've always liked the sound of them and want to learn how to play.
What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c-0CV9GMuv4
youtu.be/fmyE8ng4VIA
sparkletears.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Emasculation

you'll turn into a teenage girl who is too much of a pussy to play a guitar

Fifths

Fucking faggot.

This, basically:
youtube.com/watch?v=c-0CV9GMuv4

Stargirl!

Pure undiluted faggotry

youtu.be/fmyE8ng4VIA

Underrated

Congrats on getting dubs, and a ukulele.
The bad news is you're in for a butt load of butt hurt and ridicule from a lot of ignorant people who have some preconceived notions about the uke. Ignore them. They are PLEBS!

I bought a ukulele recently. Pic posted is the model I bought. I love it so much, I'm going to invest in a solid body electric uke in the very near future. They're fairly easy to learn, but not quite as easy as one might think. I'm still having trouble learning a few chords, although I've learned to fake a few chords through "Barring". I plugged this one into an amplifier, and it surprisingly sounded pretty bad ass! I've taught myself to play The Misfits, The (U.K.) Subhumans and Husker Du so far, and am teaching myself more every day. It might take a little getting used to, but I find it lots of fun. As I said, I'm definitely gonna invest in a solid body electric uke soon.

Did not know that Dean made ukes, especially a "Dime Bag" model.

Not a bad video, but I think the person in it should've used more distortion to get his point across. If anybody has any doubts that ukes rock, they are plebs, and should be ignored, as I have stated earlier.

If anybody still has any doubts about ukuleles, then one should either A) Do a google search on The pUKES which is an all female punk band that uses nothing but ukuleles and some percussion

and/or........

B) go to sparkletears.bandcamp.com and check this band out. If you don't think ukes rock after hearing their music, please feel free to impale yourself on the neck of your Flying V, because I don't like you at all! Not one bit!

incredibly easy tabs if you find them, or else no tabs or chords for songs at all. i bought one last year and all i do with it now is use it to impress girls (incredibly easy. play a dodie clark song and they'll be all over you)

Just get a guitar instead.

>ukulele
literally soy: the instrument

I hate this faggot so much.

I've heard ukulele-driven rock several times and I still don't like it. For one thing the ukulele just isn't a good sounding instrument, it just sounds like a really weak classical guitar. Plus, putting it through effects make it sound even worse. There are some instruments that just shouldn't be distorted, and ukulele is one of them. Not to mention the fact that playing it is a drag. It has a bad range and it doesn't allow for very good melodic playing. Although, despite what you say, it legitimately is the easiest instrument in the world. I've met people with zero music skill and seen them figure it out very quickly in a single sitting. I guess it does have this weird popularity at the moment.

your gay as shit, son

Me too but his fidget spinner work is so important to me that I tolerate him and subsequently spam him.

Super super easy to pick up, you can play half the songs with only 3 chrods

Learn chords, they're much easier to work with than tabs imo, plus it's ways easier to find music you can sing along to for group settings

Later you can dive into the less well known songs and you can impress with those

Learn La Vie en Rose

You're entitled to you opinion.
I don't use any effects other than just plugging into an amp and possible turning up the gain, and treble a little bit. My uke seems to distort naturally. It is a bit higher pitched. I can understand not liking the sound of a uke weather it's acoustic or electric, distorted or not. It doesn't hit everybody's ears the right way. I still disagree with a lot of your post, but, as I said you're entitled to your opinion, and I respect it.

Actually the guitar is my main instrument, so getting used to a different tuning along with a much shorter neck, and skinnier fret boards made things a little difficult for me at first. (And I'm still having trouble with certain chords on the uke, which naturally come easy for me on the guitar)

You got dubs, so it obviously takes one to know one, DAD!

If you are even somewhat handsome the ukulele will get you pussy. I fucking promise you dude. Go all in.

>DAD!
yikes

fpbp

honorable mentions:

how could you post this?
>soyfolk

The growth of a vagina

You can play Magnetic Fields songs

And tune yards songs too

If it was good enough for George Harrison, it's good for me.