youtube.com/watch?v=vCY4ryE9uFU
youtube.com/watch?v=vNaXQQbcgw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

no, Salieri is /ourguy/

>liking a mediocrity

Saileri was a fedora fag

This desu
>grrr that fuckin normie slept with my opera-fu Mozart must die REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i never fucked wayne i never fucked drake

post the tits

if anyone says no they need to leave now.

Does a person who dislikes Amadeus exist?

The poster's really misleading, but one of the best I've seen for any film.

Was Mozart autistic?
God I hope not. What an amazing film it is.

Fun fact, every time an actor plays on the piano, they are actually playing the real music- every single note is accurate.

too many words

It's essentially up there with Groundhog Dag in the Pantheon of perfect movies. It's non-offensive, can essentially be watched at any time and by anyone, and manages to entertain with repeat viewings.

However

It's not kino, and much of it is made-up rubbish. Antonio Salieri was a contemporary but there's nothing to suggest he was jealous of Mozart. The two certainly knew each other and were by all accounts agreeable.

What's the best piece in the movie and why is it Martern Aller Arten?

youtube.com/watch?v=vCY4ryE9uFU

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>It's not Kino because it's not accurate

It never claimed to be accurate.

Confutatis takes the cake for me personally.

this scene
>youtube.com/watch?v=vNaXQQbcgw0

Yes, it rocked me.

The Voca Me part of that movement is so fucking good.

The scene itself was fantastic- you can see the moment when Salieri's hatred of Mozart practically evaporates when he starts composing with him.

Yes, Josh Peck was amazing in it.

Was, dare I say it, Mozart ourguy?

Hell yeah. I love everything about that movie, but in particular, I think the dude who played the young priest was super underrated. He has so few speaking lines, but over the course of the movie you can see the optimism and life drain from his face. He's a completely different person by the end.

lolno? If anything, Salieri is

>It's not kino

you should be banned permanently

Man, that's acting.

Anyone else notice that the main sort of theme throughout the movie is Pride causing your downfall? Mozart is too prideful of his music and suffers financially for it, Salieri is too prideful to let mozart upstage him and 'kills' him, God is too prideful to let Salieri share in his glory through music.

too many nips

>Pride causing your downfall
Bro that's literally the theme of every movie, play, and book ever.

good you got the joke

the cinematography in it is pretty bland. Other than that I thought it was great

I came here for this

It's better than the stage play.

Yes.

>Was Mozart autistic?
Probably not

The tits aren't even good though.

>and now for the real fire

Theatrical > Director's cut

Director's cut is the only version on Blu-ray which makes it the superior version.

The guy playing mozart did well in portraying him as a hateable douchebag in the beginning, but he was otherwise too american and the scenes where he was supposed to be this master musician did not resonate with me.

There is a Theatrical Cut Restoration on originaltrilogy. It is a better film.

It's the same film with 20 minutes less.

To be honest, the 20 minutes that are cut out add context to Constanze's relationship with Salieri, and also adds context to Mozart's eventual collapse because he's unable to find work as a tutor.

Maybe if you're a pleb the theatrical version is better.

who the fuck is mozart

I had a coworker say he didn't like it because it was too long.

But how did he feel about Amadeus?

It had too many scenes.

I understand and appreciate this reference

Jeffrey jones as Emperor Joseph must be one of the best casting choices ever

Was Salieri gay?

it was great fuck of contrarian fags REEEEEEEEEEEE

>great fuck of contrarian fags
i cant even get angry because i dont even know what this is trying to say

this fucking thread again! Why do people always feel the urge to get approval of others about the quality of this movie? What is it that liking this movie makes people so self-conscious about it that they have to ask others' opinion instead of chatting about the movie for example?

>child prodigy
>not a savant

he was probably autistic as fuck

Play Salieri.

he's implying that contrarians on Sup Forums would shit on this film just because people like it, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Faggits with a contrary opinion can fuck off

fell asleep to this garbage and decided to watch interstellar instead after i woke up

Oh! There it is everyone.

this isn't even being contrarian, it's 'bait'

i always wanted to try those