Nick Cave-Roger Waters-Brian Eno split

Who's side did you take in the Nick Cave-Roger Waters split, Sup Forums?

rollingstone.com/music/news/roger-waters-brian-eno-criticize-nick-cave-for-israel-concerts-w512232

Nick/Thom/whatever because they are just doing whatever the fuck they want and want to play for their fans that love them and not dragging political turmoil into shit and being too easily influenced by it like Roger Waters.
You can't say also that Roger Waters isn't being a complete dickhead about all this.

Kinda like Apartheid embargo

>>boo hoo everyone's being mean to me because i'm about to do something stupid, well fuck you i'm gonna do it to spite you because nobody forces me to do anything!!!

at least thom had enough sense to throw a few bones about chomsky and questions of BDS' efficacy on an artistic scale while he was speaking publicly on behalf of everyone in the band and shoving jonny up as a prop

but that's Sup Forums for you: they just can't help siding with militant jews

I mean you can point to where I said I was siding with Israel but I clearly didn't. "The Conflict" in its individual essence is not what this situation is about.
But that's Sup Forums for you.

Eno is one of my favorite musicians but I'm with Cave all the way. Fucked up shit has happened on all these countries' watches, and for the part the citizenry has nothing to do with it and just want to see their favorite bands live. It's ridiculous to stand on a soapbox like the US hasn't done some REALLY fucked up shit, let alone the UK. I think it's definitely censorship to defame and attaxk musicians for wanting to give their fans their music, no matter where they are

I can't say that the people of Israel deserve to be punished for the actions of the State of Israel.

Aside from the valid point of the US and UK having done worse and that all the people attending aren't doing any of it, do people seriously think the Israeli government will stop doing shit because Radiohead or Nick Cave didn't play in the country? What are people expecting? "Hm... We'll stop bombing Palestine only if they play Creep."

>be Roger Waters
>wake up after having nightmare of still living in Thatcherian England
>get off bed
>masturbate to your dad's photo, the greatest man that has ever lived
>go take your morning crap on your Maggie Thatcher shaped toilet, paid with all the royalties you made in these last decades
>have breakfast
>wrote some lyrics for your new album about how famel leader of democratic England Maggie Thatcher was in the wrong for not letting the British citizens of Fal- Malvinas being conquered by a military dictatorship ruled by straight, white, old, fascist men
>this is good shit
>have lunchm watch news
>see some band is going to play in neoliberal aparthied Israel
>spend one hour leaving messages on their voicemail not to do it
>time to go to work
>make a new song that features synths and black women choirs
>go smoke some weed
>see your pacifist dad raping thatcher in the war
>then phone prank David telling him it's Syd and that his new album is shit
>have dinner
>raise a glass of wine to Syd and his mental breakdown
>spend rest of night ranting on online forums about how your daddy did not die in ww2 so Maggie Thatcher would steal milk from the children and how living under Hitler would be much better than in a neoliberal regime
>go to sleep
>today was a good day

DUDE

Sorry, Roger

If it makes you feel better, my dad thinks you are the greatest musical genious of last century, and you are my favourite Pink Floyd as well

i think the idea is that artists canceling or boycotting any shows in Israel under the express reason of boycotting the government is somehow supposed to make the youth revolt or something.

but we all know that's not going to happen.

Based Roger and Brian are right. Israel is evil. Nick Cave is a talentless hack anyway.

Wtf, i love Roger Waters now!

>Nick, with all due respect, your music is irrelevant to this issue. So is mine, so is Brian Eno's, so is Beethoven's

If his music is irrelevant to the issue, then why are you acting like it is a major fucking part of it?

Kikes don't deserve to be happy

Doesn't surprise me that Nick Cave is a zionist cuck. He's the reddit of music.

Samefagging this hard

>watching capeshit

>the people should suffer because of their politicians
>but don't let them in our country if they want to escape
Fuck that cunt, good on Nick. Fucking Joe Islaelistein isn't oppressing anyone why should they get fucked over.

kek'd

Based Roger

Woman bent over the chair like, "which one of you badboys is going to..."

Music: Brian>>>>Thom>Nick>>>Roger

Opinions: Thom>Nick>>>>>>>>Brian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roger

Wrong.
>Music
Brian > Roger >>>>> dogshit > Nick > Thom

My post>>>>>>>>>dogshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your post

Lmao

where can i read a bit about this throwing bone thing? and what it the big deal about Noam Chomsky? i know that he made huge strides in linguistics, but that is about it..

what is this Rogers and his dad thing?

Nick has been making good music consistently for decades
Roger and Brian haven't had a single good album since the 80s
I'll side with Nick, since he's the only one who is not a talentless hack

his dad died in ww2 and he always writes about it, and war in general

While I agree that Israel is bad, Nick Cave is not a hack.

Musicians play in Israel all the time. What's the deal here? It's not as if his concerts, which feature lyrics entirely unrelated to Israel whatsoever could change anything.

Waters is sperging out.

This is some hefty b8 m8

>>then phone prank David telling him it's Syd and that his new album is shit

>then phone prank David telling him it's Syd and that his new album is shit
i will never not laugh at this

Nick Cave has more talent in his pinky than you have in your entire hard drive

back to r/music faggot