Directed by Josh Trank

>directed by Josh Trank
>written by Max Landis

Was it a fluke? Why did they both go on to ruin their careers afterwards?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ol2rzuRDAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Max Landis' career is only ruined in the eyes of online "film buffs".

And the movie required almost no direction.

shit sucked

This is my 14 yo brother's favorite movie after warcraft

nah. Its on of the better first person movies

I can only think of two found footage movies I've enjoyed. They are As Above So Below and this.

Please name some more cause I can't for the life of me do it

Your brother has good taste. Young and pleb taste of course but that is to be expected. But still respectable

He couldve said some DUDE WEED LMAO movie

Nope. In my eyes, it were a good live action take on Akira meet Carrie.

Landis nailed the aspect of portraying what would happen if teenagers acquired special abilities.

Chronicle was much better than akira

Having your antagonist turn into a giant baby monster thing is a terrible terrible terrible idea

From the trailers it looks like they totally ripped chronicle off in the new power rangers

Power rangers will be better though because it's not found footage bullshit

Josh Trank's Fantastic Four has a very good first half. It could have been a great film if the studio didn't change his original vision which was to make it a dark serious horror flick or something along the lines like that.

Watch RedLetterMedia's review. They explain very well what Trank tried to do and what the studio changed.
youtube.com/watch?v=2ol2rzuRDAE

>because it's not found footage bullshit
Fuck off Found Footage is a great genre when done well like Grave Encounters, the first couple VHS' and Cloverfield.

>Signed T. Zero Taste in Kino

The new Power Rangers looks so soulless and bland. Chronicle is a masterpiece when it comes to a serious drama toned super hero film.

But then; why the hell are they making Power Rangers to be serious toned as the trailer suggests?

Chronicle wasn't like most found footage films, though. It's less nauseating and more inventive than most of them because of the floating camera.

>Please name some more cause I can't for the life of me do it
VHS, Quarantine/REC, Cloverfield, Diary of the Dead (very underrated)

VHS is one of the worst movies I've ever watched thanks to mumble core faggot and it's run time

Should've just stuck to three good shorts and it wouldve been great but nope

Cloverfield was terrible. It gave me a headache the whole time.

My point stands

>Enjoying quips
I take my movies seriously

>Signed t. Weaboo nerd who enjoys things that don't make sense
Had they done something else in the final scene I wouldn't have knocked it down and rated it 5/5

As it stands because of that nonsense it's a 2/5 film

See here

>vhs
>one of the worst movies you've seen

must be nice to not actually watch movies

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That movie is terrible. You have to be a complete moron to enjoy a director slapping your face for two hours

While the first two shorts were ok and the one with the aliens was the best, (the thing with the house was cool) but the mumble core and woods shit destroy any potential the film had. Never have I watched a movie that made me angry like that movie

Explain yourself

>Chronicle was a masterpiece
>Implying it doesn't look good
Come on senpai

I don't give a shit about chronicle, but power rangers looks like literal dogshit, the most pathetic attempt at some nostalgia grabbing since id4 2

The baby thing is actually explained in the manga, Tetsuo is reliving the trauma of rebirth when he turns into a baby since his body is growing so powerful it yearns to leave his mortal body. Otherwise from a visual standpoint it is fantastic, and I'm surprised you can't enjoy it as such.

I also do not see how you can say with certainty that one is better than the other considering on the surface level one is a masterpiece of animation and the other is live action POV. Past the surface level AKIRA is rife with post WWII Japan themes. Both films deal with teenagers gaining absolute power and why that would be bad for everyone, but both do it in different ways and it's really asinine of you to compare them that way.

>aliens was the best
Not him, but not really. It was actually one of the most cringe-worthy inducing scene piled in the shit-fest. You obviously have shit taste.

>power rangers looks like literal dogshit, the most pathetic attempt at some nostalgia grabbing since id4 2
Exactly

Yeah I should rephrase the only short j enjoyed was succubus. The alien thing was so dumb and it kept me from turning that nonsense off

I didn't even enjoy the movie you retard

>Muh manga
I don't have time to read that. It should not have been in the movie plain and simple!

Am I the only one who enjoyed vhs2 more?

Zombie PoV was fun and the Crazy Asian cult was top tier

Why not? The film's a visual extravaganza. Such weirdness was foreshadowed throughout the film with Testuo's nightmare where he disintegrates, or when the other espers decide to traumatize Tetsuo in his hospital room, etc. I mean I guess if you didn't like it there's not much to say. I would like to say it's incredible that it was created at all and it's in a big budget film.

Not surprising considering they wanted Landis to write the script for it.

Zombie was "okay" for me. The Indonesian cult one definitely stood out though, especially when she gives birth to the demon. Gareth Evans knows what he's doing.

VHS 2 would have been pure kino if the power rangers showed up at the end to save the kids from the putties and battled the japanese goldar

Cute pic Mind if I save it

This movie wasn't even that good. I saw it in theaters with a date. It was 'alright'. I have no idea how some people seem to love it so much when it was never anything more than just 'decent'.

Look, maybe you're right and maybe the movie could've been better than it was.

But why the FUCK would you want a Fantastic Four movie to be a dark, serious horror flick? That is the complete OPPOSITE of the FF.

>As Above So Below
le trashman.jpg

channel zero is excellent, asshole.

That's explained in the movie.

You're right I just remembered the doctor explains it to the colonel, but not the trauma of rebirth part. That's Miyako talking to herself at the climax of volume 4.

Exactly I'm right. All found footage is trash. There's only two that are watchable

Blair witch

that was a sequel though so it was expected

reboots can go either way

Enter the Void

that demon chick that flys off with that guy was a pretty good scene desu.

Because it's different from your average superhero film. Something you wouldn't expect.

The studio really fucked Trank over

Mmmm ... Josh may need to take a distance from the industry til he finds passion project. There isn't anything wrong with Max. A dude is just goofy.

WNUF Halloween Special

Max has literally made nothing but shit, and he blames others for his failures

Still find it hilarious that the pink haired girl he pukes on is his wife IRL.
She looks like she's 6 inches taller than him in the movie.

Haven't seen blair witch but enter the void is the only pov done right

even though its exessively overdoes itself in the third act which brings the movie down, still very interesting ideas and style. Based on visuals alone its incredible but all together:

3.5/5 film

Noe should've edited a lot of stuff or done something to save the third act and cut the runtime

Max Landis' career is obviously not ruined since he's just landed a directing gig, but he is undoubtedly talent-free and only got that gig because of nepotism. Trank had potentially but also a major-league drinking/drug problem.

Chronicle isn't even that good desu, though it's way better than anything either has done since.

Max Landis is talentless all the way through, but Josh Trank still hasn't made enough movies to prove it

Why would you list the vastly inferior Quarantine before REC?

Agreed about Diary, though, everything that post-80s Romero has done is pretty underrated.

what's he directing??

I took my girlfriend to this movie on our first date. Only reason I remember it, otherwise forgettable as fuck.

>fluke
Stop calling one-hit wonders "fluke"

Remaking his murderer father's masterpiece An American Werewolf in London.

That movie was shit, found footage is shit overall.
I really love telekinesis in movies, but this was disappointing