How come there's no IRL hype for Rogue One? Is there a Star Wars fatigue already?

How come there's no IRL hype for Rogue One? Is there a Star Wars fatigue already?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yea
I love Star Wars but I can only get hyped for the episodic movies
while I think Rogue One looks fun, it won't be as interesting to me and I'm loathing the Han Solo stand alone that's coming

Most people weren't even aware of the Anthology films.

The Anthology films are more Star Wars than the sequel trilogy.

two words:

gareth edwards

It's not a numbered star wars film so they don't care about marketing it

Yes, they need time to breathe, back in the day you had to wait years for a sequel and let anticipation build, now movies are shat out in a year, and during that time between the multiple trailers and youtubers analyzing them there isn't much to be waiting for.

I'm not hyped at all for the episodic ones, I wish they would just leave it at VI, and just tell stories within the universe.

Main Characters lools like Rey Sue 2.0 and it looks like yet another feminist wish fullfillment fantasy.
They'll probably ruin Vader too

Disney killed all hype with the awful TFA. Star Wars fans may prove to be smarter than the Marvel shiteaters.

Still better than JJ Abrams or that hack directing 9

Seriously though, episode 8 is the only one that actually has a chance and they're already fucking it with force tree shit

Star Wars isn't really an event now, unless it's the main storyline with Luke & Leia and all that. There have been so many cartoons and prequels and garbage no one cares that much. But I think the film looks like it will be entertaining, I'll see it unless the reviews say it's crap.

Disney penis envy pandering flick 2.0

I'll think about torrenting it

The only good-looking parts of this film are the armour designs, and you don't need to see it to appreciate those.

It looks dull and borderline embarrassing in the trailers, Hunger Games in space. Forrest Whittaker's character looks like he belongs in Naruto.

>mfw I enjoy marvel shit but only torrent/stream it because I don't like the message it sends to the movie industry

I wish I could travel back in time and kill George Lucas in his crib.

>An Star Wars expanded universe movie without the Star Wars expanded universe.

Disney was a mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8

>Is there a Star Wars fatigue already?
YES, ITS HABBEDING

DISNEY IS GONNA GO FROM WINNING EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME STRAIGHT TO BANKRUPTCY

in the post trump era nobody cares for extreme anti white rethoric propaganda movies

We had a universe built upon years and years of stories told in it about the time before, during and after the original trilogy.

Then it got destroyed by the Micky Star and replaced by this trite that die-hard nerds and mainstream audiences both are already tired of.

They fucked up the power fantasies people enjoyed while watching the movies. Now they only have, insecure quirky mary sues. Luke was the same crap, but it was so long ago it was considered fresh.

Now only thing I want to see in Star Wars is the Sith, that is the only aspect of the series I am interested in, and I know at the end when Mary Sue wins, I will feel unfulfilled because the Sith were the power fantasy I as a male enjoyed.

>The Anthology films are more Star Wars than the sequel trilogy.
How do you figure? We haven't yet seen a single one of them.

It could be even worse.

This post is the epitome of everything terrible about Sup Forums

Bravo user, bravo.

They've already alienated 60 million American voters saying they're racists. Fuck the Disney SJWs. They're burying their own graves.

Honestly, since being disappointed by TFA, I'm probably more excited/hopeful for Rogue One for two reasons:

1) No concern for "universe building" means that they're free to tell the best story possible without having to worry about what effect living or dying will have on a character in the "big picture".

2) It takes place practically the same time as A New Hope, so it rekindles some of that magic I felt in '77 (yes, I'm an elderfag).

And even though I only said there were two reasons, I'm throwing in a third: no JJ Abrams.

not enough aliens just your already standard robot companion

at least have a small bit about blind man being half miralukan or something or throw a rodian or duros in there

Because anyone who likes Star Wars is either waiting for another episode instalment or watching rebels since at least proper Vader is there.
This movie looks like hot garbage and even not more can see it's a cash grab

>People still memeing that TFA was terrible

If you liked the original trilogy I can't see how you can dislike TFA. Sure it's still not as good as the originals but it's not awful and carries a lot of their spirit and charm.

It's certainly not as bad as the fucking prequel abortions. I can only imagine those slamming TFA are kids that weren't even there for the prequels when they were released and so have to get in on the fun by slamming TFA instead. That and the fact they can't stand that the main characters are a girl and a black man because hey, hating women and niggers is the cool thing to do, right? Because if you don't then you're an SJW faggot cuck.

Disney won't stop because idiots will pay to see them. Idiots will go even if they know it's going to be bad; just because it's better than nothing. There are so many brain-dead morons that can't stop supporting mediocrity. Disney will probably pump out at least one SW movie every five years until the world explodes.

>No space scenes
>No Vader
>one planet

Literally dead on arrival.

star wars is boring

Because even if they are good actors and feel like they belong, Sup Forums-tards get triggered as fuck because there is a black man and a woman leading the movie.

>not going back to kill yourself
Fucking normie

Has space scenes
Has more than one planet
Has Darth Vader in action

Do you know anything about this movie or are you just shit posting bait?

Thank you for sharing.

you get triggered, we laughed at the simian like actor and then we derided the mary sueness of the female protagonist. This in turn triggered shitlibs

>implying I'm not Lucas himself stealthly saying on an anonymous board that he regrets what he's done to the world

Don't even pretend it's this "mary sue" shit you guys keep shitting on about. The very second that first trailer was released you guys lost your shit at the black guy and the girl.

because you know it will be a mess like the force awakens

>It's certainly not as bad as the fucking prequel abortions.
You have to go back

Because I want original and unique stories. We all know how this one ends and I doubt Vader is going to go on a massacre at end like we all hope to see.

Pretty much going to switch my brain off and wait for some Donnie Yen choreography

This post is the epitome of either a paid shill or someone completely brainwashed by the marketing machine who believes a multi-billion dollar company somehow deserves your hard-earned money for a by-the-numbers annual cash-grab coasting by purely on brand recognition.

Bravo, Disney. Bravo.

Be honest with yourself, if this was ORIGINAL FILM DO NOT STEAL would you be "hyped" for it or dismissing it as this year's answer to Jupiter Ascending?

Spinoff movie NOBODY asked for hoping to sell based on it taking place during the original trilogy.

Holy shit star wars threads are more reddit than /got/ general now.

Donnie Yen choreography with Disney/Marvel camerawork

Say what you want about the prequels, but at least back then they had the decendy of making just a trilogy and not a trilogy + X number of spin offs.

>we
faggot.

Hey if you're the (you) that the guy you (you)d (you)d, I just want you to know that your observations and judgements of the trailer were the most properly articulated I've seen on this board. So yeah this thread has some shills in it.

Thank you. I don't think I'm the only one who's noticed what was pitched as a gritty war movie in space is now a multiethnic low-quality shonen manga with another strong (white) female character at the helm, though.

I'd bet money she never needs help with anything ever, and the supporting cast are just there to tick off cells on a spreadsheet (Donnie Yen as discount Zatoichi to lure in the Chinese market? Check. Crippled one-eyed Forrest Whittaker to lure in the differently-abled and urban demographic? Check, etc).

Call me old-fashioned, but I liked Star Wars better when the characters were an actual ensemble playing off each other's distinctive strengths and weaknesses, and not a skinny white girl with so much minority set dressing slowing her down.

Is anybody in the actual mainstream public willing to admit they are fed-up with the SJW horseshit Disney pulled in the wake of Trump's victory with that stupid fucking safety-pin campaign?

Someone needs to get fired for that.

> How come there's no IRL hype for Rogue One?

Is this actually accurate though? Marketing Budget =/= Hype, and i saw that shit shared to the moon and back on facebook when they released trailers.

Because they blew their collective load with TFA and people are already burnt out from marvel movies

Everyone is tense with low standards. Rewrites are never good. We went from quippy grimdark Star Wars trailer to the more traditional happy go lucky heroes vs all dem evil dudes trailer.

Nobody who has seen both should be too excited.

the member berries have all dried up and people realize VII was trash and the rest will be too. Lucas is an evil man for selling star wars to the most formulaic bland and soulless company there is. I was most hyped for the spinoffs because they could've done literally anything with them but instead they're just following hollywoods reboot fever

>to the most formulaic bland and soulless company there is
SONY presents The Star Wars: reflections through space

>actual mainstream public
That shit barely got retweeted user, I'm sorry. I want it too. But no news station is going to call out a company for calling people white supremacists, they'd implode

>new characters no one will care about because they are irrelevant outside of this movie
>plot already spoiled by trailers
>no force stuff going on
>no Jedi/Sith

It has no effect on the rest of the story.
We all know they successfully stole those plans.
What else would we care about?

Its going to be safe marvel-esque disney trash - as will all of the new Star Wars movies. They will all be as formulaic as possible to make sure that they produce cash for Disney despite being mediocre because people will see anything with Star Wars in the title

Rey's mom
Snoke hints
What r2 and 3po were doing before a New Hope
>having Vader be badass until crippled at the end, retconning his mobility and power
Young Ackbar
Millennium Falcon cameo

According to the writers you're a nazi if you watch this for the Empire.

>no Jedi/Sith
Vader

Same reason people where justifiably worried about suicide squad.

>film is originally advised as grim dark
>studio comes in and dose rewrites
>film is now quipy good guys vs baddies

Disney has to much money invested merchandise to ever allow for a M rated or otherwise adult star wars film.

Why do you guys think nobody is hyped for this shit? I have some """nerdy""" friends on FB who can't shut up about it.

Well because they turned the franchise into another series of souless yearly flicks devoid of any suspense. I expect some the same initial reaction everyone had from TFA, only to shit on it a year later.

> Thinking people on Sup Forums interact with normal people.

Kek.

Also they're projecting their hate. I say this as someone who generally agrees with Sup Forums on this new Star Wars being shit, but i'm not retarded enough to let that blind me to this shit being popular as fuck with normies.

I'm legit boycotting them because of that shit one of the writers tweeted. Get that shit out here.

Star Wars ended with Episode III. There's no need to make any more.

You were willing to shell out money for this in the first place? Fucking faggot.

Vader is a cuck until esb and even then is still not the alpha, sheev is

Speak for yourself. You comprehend star wars like a teenage girl

Was the empire not based on nazis?

George even compared empire to usa and rebels to vietnamese

This.

They could have gone with expanding the lore and the universe, but they're just gonna do exactly the same movies set in a different time with different actors. Empire vs Rebels again and again and again.

If they wanted to make a splash, they should have gone a totally different direction and the Empire vs Rebels would just be a backdrop, then it would be interesting and exciting again.

>What is the han solo movie
Age of the actor predates the rebellion

The empire is a mildly human supremacist organization(species like wookies are used for slave labor and humans get promoted faster) but it's not really delved on in the OT.

Calling them white supremacist is straight up bullshit as race has never been a thing in SW.

I'm looking forward to that one though, as long as it doesn't follow the same formula of lovable rogue vs bad guys.

I want to see something different that could only exist in the Star Wars universe.

This film when first announced was meant to be proper war film with not Jedi or force powers.

A young Han Solo film could work as he was originally a pilot in the empire who helped Chewbacca escape from slavery.

>no IRL hype
>no
that's not accurate

>less IRL hype
more accurate

>How come
it's not Episode VIII

Obv not but i meant the aestheticc

What he's saying, is that there's a difference with the movie maker wanting to express the cold, efficient and monolithic nature of the Empire by having everyone look the same in large, impressive, square military blocks, and the Empire's said monolithic nature literally meaning that they are X-Supremacist, and not just as far up their ass about protocol and such as the average samurai.

If you do not look like pic related, then those flicks are not meant for you. And you should be proud.

The fucking cringe in that image
B-but I'm excited for the movie still user ;-;

Don't fucking pay for it ! you'll have a shitty camrip if you're in a hurry, then you'll just have to wait two month or so for bluray one.

I remember the Han Solo death scene being spoilt all over tv and reddit. I was actually glad that I paid to watch VII during the early release.

>That guy in the center

And this is why Islam is sweeping the planet. Because it's participants are actual men that will slaughter faggots like that.

I'm a white male, star wars isn't for me. Disney have made that abundantly clear.

I held off for a week and basically turned off the internet. Didn't get spoiled. Was a tough week though lol

>Dude, white people are evil.

There you go.

Star Wars is dead to me.

>all these unironic "I'm boycotting Star Wars that will show em!" posts

lmao Disney is laughing at you hard right now

Star Wars has always been shit tier.

Name brands can only go so far

>All of these people wept when Hillary lost.

And that makes me feel good.

There's a weird thing that happens with Star Wars. A lot of people go see these movies but then most of them are unhappy with the end product.

How come you're making this thread every other hour? Hope the pay is good at least.

>carries a lot of their spirit and charm
Stopped reading there.

TFA wasnt star wars it was a shitty disney scifi flick for children

well meme'd senpai