Is there any consensus on Ariel Pink's work?

Is there any consensus on Ariel Pink's work?

Other urls found in this thread:

nme.com/news/music/ariel-pink-5-1221051
youtube.com/watch?v=_XpWJ9DZ5Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=odg5lHuwPf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WAIT WAIT I WAIT FOR KATE

it's shit

I mean, considering all his stuff before Before Today, there's not one that actually sticks out.

Pop genius only grime’s soyboys disagree

meh

Lover Boy.

grimes fan here. even if he insulted her, he apologized later. ariel is pretty much hit or miss. his best albums are pom pom & dedicated to bobby jameson. i don't really dig his work with the haunted graffitti.

he's bleh

also is there a list of songs that he's remade? I know Dedicated to Bobby Jameson was Time Dandelion, but that's it.

If I was underrated music genius Ariel Pink and I was insulted over absolutely nothing by talentless blog queen flavor-of-the-week Grimes, "retarded" wouldn't have cut it

He's brilliant

>talentless blog queen flavor-of-the-week Grimes
ariel himself considers grimes as the female version of him. if you insult grimes, you insult ariel too, you stupid idiot.
>Maybe she’s angry that I’m the male version of her, who was at 4AD before her
nme.com/news/music/ariel-pink-5-1221051
also:
>But that hasn't stopped Pink from continuing to point out his influence on Grimes. In a scene from a 2012 feature story in Spin, he watches Grimes perform at Make Music festival. (Keep in mind, this is when "Oblivion" and "Genesis" were everywhere.) "She doesn't do the ramanah," Pink says, referring to a vocal style popularized by Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. "No, she does the Pink-a-nah." Later, he adds, "every time I hear her, I hear a little of myself." Pink also tried to invite Grimes on tour with him in 2012—but she was already fully booked. Funny enough, that seems like an apt metaphor to exactly what's happening today.
also:
>flavor-of-the-week
funny how this flavor-of-the-week keeps being a flavor over 5 years since her breakthrough. more like flavor of the decade.

Lipstick and dazed inn daydreams r remakes

Don't know what it is but I just can't get into his music. Love John Maus though

love him and the album you posted Op is my favorite.

think he has nothing very worthwhile after this one. this one, though, is truly unique and necessary along with worn copy

link to early version of lipstick?

youtube.com/watch?v=_XpWJ9DZ5Ao

the remake is much better. ariel pink sounds excellent with good production and sharper pop hooks.

disagree. both are good.

His remakes on Bobby Jameson are great, the production quality pays off there. However, his old lo-fi albums are miles better than pom pom or Mature Themes.

The RYM or Sup Forums equivalent of Lana Del Rey: a magnet for people who want to feel like they enjoy "stylish" pop.

youtube.com/watch?v=odg5lHuwPf4

round and round
i wanna be young
nighttime is great!

father john misty is the eqivalent to la a del rey.

ariel pink is like ween for this generation

>However, his old lo-fi albums are miles better than pom pom or Mature Themes.
maybe miles better than mature themes. but miles better than pom pom? fucking no. pom pom is his masterpiece.

what is the actual stylish pop if ariel pink is not good enough to you?

lol no thats house arrest

This is some horror movie shit

lol you won't get an answer from me

so, you have no arguments. you lost.

I like Ariel but a lot of his fans like liking him if you know what I mean.