What made Dave Chappelle resurface again?

What made Dave Chappelle resurface again?

Did he ran out of that Chappelle's show money?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRAy-sFoWSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doesn't hurt to be in the spotlight every one in awhile.

He didn't have any material during Obama because he was a boring president. With all the PC shit and trump, he definitely is coming back to do something.

The majority of the sketches on Chappelle's Show were not funny.

Fight me if you disagree.

He needed weed money.

Chappelle never left

he has been all over the world doing comedy on stage

he just didnt do any televised shit

>show wasn't funny but I watched all of it for some reason

40% hit rate for a sketch comedy show is god tier

>what is sample size

I doubt money is an issue, he most likely was having a mid life crisis and wanted to prove to himself that he "still has it".

*unsheathes fists*

You sure about that?

>it's another shill thread
*sigh*

all liberal """comedians""" are going to resurface now that they have easy material. They have an audience that's desperate to be told how terrible the next 4 years are going to get.

I'm sure the jew himself will come out of retirement so he can talk about trump.

>the things I learned in community college are applicable to a television show on an individual level

Do you need some help with your homework?

maybe but its too late now

the world has moved on

its a totally different world out here now. Politically, culturally, artistically, however you want to think about it. Being a comedian is having a personal worldview on things. It just doesn't fit anymore you can't just come out of nowhere like he's trying to do now by coming back. Its like where were you when this and that happened. Theres no steady progression and you feel cheated.

Bill Burr is now the #1 stand up comedian. He took the throne from patrice and he's on fire right now. Dave is not even close to being on his level because he's been out of the game for so long and is at the bottom. IDK He can work his way up but he just seems a little too old now.

So what? They're funny. Laugh. Stop being triggered by people who don't respect your safespaces.

see

Comedy is not football. The older you get, the more material you can draw upon. Chappelle might just be bored or he thinks he has accumulated enough fresh material.

>pc culture gains traction, Chapelle sees how his sketches cant exist in the new world anymore as he already had to omit certain sketches that made fun of gays.
>he has enough money so fuck it
>Trump shows up, makes room for freedom of expression again simply by making others look tame in comparison.
>Chapelle returns

This is what happened.

Obama was the worst thing to happen to comedy. Republican rule might actually make these guys seem like cool outsiders again instead of a propaganda arm for The DNC.

Name a comedian who was good when he was old, I doubt there's many.

Yes, but he hasn't been on television for 10 years, which makes doing SNL a marked departure from his previous behaviour.

Sup Forums has always been counter culture and establishment, so I'm curious how Sup Forums and everyone else will feel 1 or 2 years into trumps presidency.

>I'm sure the jew himself will come out of retirement so he can talk about trump.
who

Sup Forums, 8gag Sup Forums, and the_donald will merge forces into one entity that can be easily compartmentalized and dismissed in peoples' minds.

I assume he means stewart

Stewart probably.

Unless the media and "cultural elite" change i doubt Sup Forums will change.

This is true but it doesn't really apply to this, at least not anymore. This place was legitimately infested with actual neo-nazi retards. Denying the holocaust and collecting thousands of "info"graphs is beyond contrarianism, it's legit cult tier brainwashing/brain damaged behavior. Instead of the normal contrarian shift you're just going to see a continuation of the constant stream of alt right neckbeard tears already ruining this site.

I mean he said on tv himself "thank you michael lorne for helping me with my comeback so to speak"

or something like that

I guess so. I just didn't really get anything special out of him on SNL though other than his opening monologue. I mean most of the skits were garbage, granted that wasn't his fault and most of them were probably written for him.

he's got this real afrocentric view thing going on right now too and I personally don't like it. I mean its cool for him and its obvious he's been reading and all that but it doesn't connect with me. Maybe ive just gotten more conservative since he left well see

Hi lebbit

yes and the current culture and establishment is liberalism, progressiveness, political correctness so as you can see Sup Forums will be radically right for a long time

I don't even see how its possible for the current culture to flip again

>michael lorne

kek

Norm is better today than he ever was

>I don't even see how its possible for the current culture to flip again
50's into the 60's and 70' and early 80's, transition back during the 90's and early 2000's, moving once again to what we're currently experiencing now.

eventually something will happen that forces society to move away from the current trend.

dave is not better today, but to claim he didn't kill it during his opening sketch on SNL is just denying his level of genius. the jokes were on point, and not once did I feel like he was shoving an agenda down my throat.

>Sup Forums will be radically right for a long time

lol, there's really no such thing as "long time" on Sup Forums standards, especially when it comes to the counterculture attitude and a republican in office.

larry david

Does counter culture even matter? While the peons argue over irrelevant culture war shit like tranny bathroom usage in bathrooms the global elite who run this country will continue to do what the fuck they want.

And my arms will still be long enough to reach my wee wee

>Does counter culture even matter?
Of course it doesnt. Stop asking dumb questions so you can make dumb assertions.

youtube.com/watch?v=wRAy-sFoWSc

Thats what they said in the sixties
Now look

Are people fucking blind? The new "chappelle" isn't even the same person! Wake up people!

Bill Burr just keeps getting better and he's getting close to 50.

He resurfaced to make people accept Trump.