Alright Sup Forums, I have to ask seriously, do people only like Aiden Gillen because of the memes...

Alright Sup Forums, I have to ask seriously, do people only like Aiden Gillen because of the memes? This dude's delivery is so awful, it's like everything is his first take and he didn't bother looking at the context of the lines. He pauses at the most awkward times and the tone is just... completely off. I can see why there are so many misunderstandings about what exactly he's saying. If someone else delivered the line it'd make way more sense.

Is that why he's so popular here? Because he's a bad actor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4
dailyedge.ie/aiden-gillen-littlefinger-accent-1438486-Apr2014/
youtu.be/91-7TWmO1e8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't bully aiden

I'm crashing this kingdom. with no survivors.

Its because most of tv can relate to his CIA role because they, too, love big guys. Especially of those big guys are black.

I don't really agree, his acting was on point for other films like calvary. Maybe the character is meant to be played like that user.

>Maybe the character is meant to be played like that user.

Like a retard?

He doesn't come across as a retard at all, but keep the autismo up

awful? you wanna die?

I've never seen Game of Memes, but Gillen is very good in The Wire.

>do people only like Aiden Gillen because of the memes

He's terrible in GoT, but he was good in The Wire.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

Besides the memes, as already pointed out, he's the guy who was ok in Wire and sucks in GoT.

Why is it that he's good in one show but bad in another, especially since his role in the other show came later? It's not like he suddenly forgot how to act. How does this kind of thing happen?

because he's literally doing it fine in GOT, I don't know what you expect him to make out of the character. I don't think a better actor like Ed Norton would do a significantly better job

It blows me away how he's able to conceal that thick accent at all, the TDKR plane scene becomes that much more amazing and respectable

It's not like he stood out in The Wire, he just wasn't noticeably bad.

Probably hamming it up in GoT because he doesn't care and knows that it's shit. Tits, dragons etc.

Have to match the role to the actor. I think he was miscast as Littlefinger. Either that or they didn't convey to him that he wasn't supposed to be a mustache-twirling villain.

His devilery was great in this scene tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4

>His devilery was great in this scene tbqh

I think that's one of the worst scenes in the show.

You almost typed devilry, which would have been appropriate.

Why did he decide to suddenly talk in a super raspy extra evil voice midway through the series?

That very scene has a good example of his lazy ass acting. Listen to how he says "plan" at 54 seconds. It's like having to say that word dredged up painful memories.

I genuinely think he's had a stroke.

I thought he had throat surgery or something.

Good example of shitty writing, imo.

D&D should stick to dick/pussy jokes between rattling off plot points. Whenever they snort too much coke off Emilia Clarke's ass and start to think they're Shakespeare, the processed cheese starts to flow.

dailyedge.ie/aiden-gillen-littlefinger-accent-1438486-Apr2014/
>Littlefinger sounds a little bit Irish, a little bit English, and a lot like Bane from Batman.

Come to think of it, why didn't they just have Aiden Gillen play Bane?

He is not a big guy

>snort too much coke off Emilia Clarke's ass
thanks, now i have a new fetish

I dig him as an actor. I want him to do more roles like Calvary though.

youtu.be/91-7TWmO1e8

>People will call THIS bad acting

He literally just stands there and reads from a script. I've seen better acting from Donald Drumpf.