What did Pitchfork mean by this?

What did Pitchfork mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/ZUb7l
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i hope by 2020 this progressive meme dies.

Asians aren't oppressed enough, so they have to start making shit up to score those delicious pity points.

That’s racist

I legitimately don't understand this. What the hell are they trying to say?

The author is so self-centered she assumes that everyone who isn’t white thinks exactly like she does

What does that even fucking mean?

this is just normal pitchfork brain fart, ignore it

What happened to pitchfork? They legitimately used to be a great resource to find new music. Now they are complete SJW trash since a few years now.

>Swift has only swooned over brown eyes in her lyrics once, in Speak Now cut “Superman.” Consuming Swift’s music as a brown person, then, can mean implicitly accepting that your body is not worthy of poetry. It means projecting the specifics of your life onto a line about “mosaic broken hearts” and then being jolted to the realization that it’s not actually about your heart or your love or your eyes.

wtf

Sweet Jeezus, it's real!

archive.fo/ZUb7l

I thought this was just a Sup Forums meme, but they were serious.

pitchfart, like every major media publication, are owned by a big corporation and they are paid to stoke the flames of racial unrest to keep people focused on arbitrary shit as opposed to becoming class conscious and revolting

>DUDE YOUR BODY IS POETRY LMAO

that's some tumblr-tier cringe

this, it's so disrespectful for all of us nonwhites. You wanna know what i think? I think taytay should get really obese, put on some heavy high heels and should step all over my Johnson until it becomes puree

BUT WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?!

I actually don't even know wtf they are trying to say.

Don't do this to my lovely Tay Tay, please

>DUDE I'M BROWN LMAO
Yeah, like a turd. It doesn't make you special

Only once. The horror

so people should stop listening to black musicians and shit? theirs is not their body either

What actually is this crazy bitch advocating for other than REEEEE WHITE PEOPLE

truly patrician tastes, my friend

hit me up when the stinkpiece video arrives

I don't get the recent witch hunt against Taylor. Certain media outlets are treating her like a card carrying Nazi just because she didn't publicly endorse Hillary during the election like that would've had any impact whatsoever.

already in the works buddy

that's the extent of their logical capacity

>pls give me attention i have rent due next week

>Taylor is white
>it's literally not OK to be white
Solved

It's just typical college-level academic criticism. If you've been around language and literature departments at any university you've probably read crap like this. It's taught in literary criticism.

Basically it's taking Swift's lyrics and trying to apply various schools of thought to it. Like Marxism, feminism, post-modernism, deconstructionism, new historicism, etc.

to what end

Taylor Swift is a secret Nazi

Forgive me, I was out of school before this SJW shit got really out of hand. Are they seriously teaching students to think over people and ascribe latent meaning to what others are saying? If so, I am disturbed.

You know your Soros agenda has gone too far when not even the twitter responses approve of your latest race bait article.

This predates all the SJW bullshit. I had my lit crit class in 2006, but most of the essays we read were from decades before that. The SJW bullshit has been happening at colleges for decades now.At least since the late 70s and early 80s.

I wonder if its because of "Klossy" or just a certain awareness of the tastes of her country music audience.

This title really confuses me, I guess it's because I'm "brown"

ARYAN GODDESS

EVERYTHING IS NAZIS

imagine your skin color being the same color as shit lol

>I don't get the recent witch hunt against Taylor.
Au contraire - I think you hit the nail right on the head. Pop culture music industry elites are a herd, and if a steer goes it's own way the herd lashes out.

it's bad writing, but saying that is

R A C I S T

>tfw you're a white girl with a flat ass
>tfw you can't listen to Hip Hop anymore
damn...

>They legitimately used to be a great resource to find new music.
No they weren't.

I'd argue it's mostly for propaganda purposes. Either for uncovering "problematic" texts, or for using other texts are propaganda for their agendas.

In this case it would be for demonizing Swift for writing lyrics that (in their minds) are derogatory to racial minorities. Whether they want to destroy her career, or change her lyrical content remains to be seen.

post it all the same boo ;)

Do they actually believe her public endorsement of Hillary would sway hundreds of thousands of votes in the rust belt? I know they're not the smartest people but that would be beyond retarded.

i don't even know what to say

how was this published

rejecting material written by people of colour is RACIS

>Actually reading this hard into pop dribble

Jesus christ. Do browns have nothing better to do?

I guess the presumption is that music should be made for everyone? That you can have no individualism or uniqueness?

Oh unless it's about minorities

Literally nothing and that's what the user was trying to get at. Whatever reader buys into it will attach their own meaning and it's gotten so easy to bait people that the p4k staff didn't care that this meaningless word salad got out there as long as it had the key buzz words.

is this writer of this article brown? though it's pathetic either way

>Though she marginalized my (already marginalized) experiences as an Indian girl, Swift’s music gave me a roadmap for brazen vulnerability, for allowing myself to be confused and hurt and bold all at once.
>Most importantly, my Taylor Swift fandom has given me a sense of community. When I think about her songs now, I celebrate the friendships that grew over, around, and through them as testaments to our ingenuity and resiliency. My friends and I weren’t passively consuming Swift’s experiences—we were using them as a springboard to understand and create our own senses of self. Together, we extracted lines that weren’t about girls like us and recontextualized them with the specifics of our lives. We decided that we deserved to feel desired and wonderstruck and fearless, too.

decent ending to a shitty article. poltards here are so easily baited, tho lol

>Vrinda Jagota

POO

>write retarded article
>"hey that article is pretty retarded"
>LOL BAITED

I think this ending is even worse

no shes not

Pitchfork actually give a good rate to Taylor Swift? At least something higher than a 7?

>though she marginalized my experience as an Indian girl
How is Taylor Swift marginalizing her experience as an Indian girl? That’s absurd. Do musicians need to make sure they write lyrics that are inclusive. Should “Brown Eyed Girl” be “Brown or Blue or Green or maybe Hazel eyed Girl oh and don’t forget violet eyed girl. Can’t forget about albino girls”

damn son, my music choice is limited to people with green eyes now ;-;

this is p4k trying to do the unbearable of whiteness part 2. but least that article made sense
this one is just awful

I guess New Order isn't kosher with P4K because Temptation only mentions "blue, grey and green eyes" not brown.

that I should just avoid media news

Wait
Taylor Swift has been singing about me this whole time?

>Do they actually believe her public endorsement of Hillary would sway hundreds of thousands of votes in the rust belt?
Absolutely, because these people actually believe that you and I believe popstars are gods.

>I know they're not the smartest people but that would be beyond retarded.
I hate to break it to you, but...

And P4k writers are paid to write this shit?

wait so is this then also true for brown eyed white people

what

i'm so confused

I'm late to this thread but I have a good solution for the hate Taylor's getting for being associated with the Alt-Right.

All she needs to do is get really fat so that she can support the whole body positivity meme, then she won't be viewed in the way she is by leftists.

hmmm... same

racism is over

No. Only POCies and blappypos need representation and inclusion in all songs

Mark my words, this is not a race problem, this is an ugly woman problem. When you can't get attention through the usual avenues (good looks, wit) you have to find a way to make everything 'problematic'. Most second-gen brown guys I know are too obsessed with working out and getting high-paying jobs to even think up shit like this, let alone write it.

>WAHHHH IM MARGINALIZED STOP MARGINALIZING ME YOU'RE MARGINALIZING ME WAHHHHH STOP MARGINALIZING ME AND MY EXPERIENCES YOUR GENERIC POP MUSIC IS MARGINALIZING ME

sad thing. she probably ONLY wants to date white guys lmao

Pitchfork is breaching levels of autism that shouldn't even be possible

Thanks Anthony

Has anyone even read it? Her conclusion is that it's fine, it's not a great article but throwing a shitfit about it isn't going to do anything, it could just as easily be 'Listening Brand New without being a sexual predator' and make the same points. You recontextualise the things that are relevant to you from artists who aren't exactly the same as you. It's a piece of garbage but it isn't worth getting mad about.

You can stop yourself from being a sexual predator
I cannot stop myself from being white or having a Norwegian ethnic background
Retard

the progressive/poptimist hateboner for swift is hilarious. they loved her when 1989 came out and now they're all "ugh tswift album cycle more like ninth circle of hell lmao amirite" and the odd nu-angela davis type chiming in with lashes of "i deadass told y'alls she a mf nazi.....baka"

>someone was paid real money to write this screed

How do you miss the point so wildly?

>What did Pitchfork mean by this?
It means that there is some brown person(s) at Pitchfork who has a massive inferiority complex; anything that doesn't explicitly pander to them probably is "I literally can't even"-tier.

yeah but it still makes little sense to me why these people take so into account the peripheral (otherwise generally unnecessary) dimensions of music. i can see just as easily the argument the entirety of recontextualization would, not bringing to fore the creator, an entirely internal act. i could imagine the case where you know nothing about the creator and take into account solely these aspects. such is the ideal case and yet the world we live in :/

> It's a piece of garbage but it isn't worth getting mad about.
it is worth getting mad about. its a high school lvl article on the 'best music site" its a disgrace to journalism

>forgetting people who have heterochromia
>forgetting people who have no eyes
Please take your hate speech elsewhere.

Fuck this pisses me off, it enrages me that she would so brazenly compare herself to what may be the most beautiful painting ever made. How fucking self centered is she?

dude she's just exemplifying her article. finding similarities where there evidently are none :)

It’s not racist if I call her a towelhead

because he is one of those idiots that think the white race is threaten by "jewish media"

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WYPIPO

What concerns me more is the anecdote about a dude who stopped to be nice to people because it'd be like sucking ones dick and then he went to only doing it with the intention of profiting off it and then he went over to actually sucking other peoples cocks because it " has no actual meaning"

Some other dude told him then : "But you are literally sucking dick now and it all started with you not wanting to being nice to other people because for you it seemed like sucking dick wtf"

The answer was

You can't compare sucking cock to sucking cock

shitskins are not worthy of poetry. whites are much more beautiful and everyone knows this whether they want to admit it or not

Taylor makes all the females envious

this desu

elimination of the white race

shut up cumskin